So who all leave Rangers in the close season

im_a_good_bluenose

Think a lot of the dross in our squad along with 2 or 3 key players will be going, and if course the loans ending
I’m not in the know or anything and this is just guesswork but I think we MAY have seen the last of

Certs
Foderingham
Alnwick
Barasic
Wallace
Worrall
McCauley
Coulibaly
Kent (love to be wrong here)
Morelos
Lafferty
Grezda
Holt
Herrera
Beerman?

Possibles
Halliday
Tavernier(genuinely hope not)
Middleton (loan)
Candeias
Flanagan

So maybe 19 players out?

2 returning from loans and 3 more or less signed up, needing another goalie 2 centre halves a left back a number ten and one striker minimum. We really need to spend our funds wisely next season.

Last edited:
Holt will be gone , do we not still have Hernandez on the books out on loan ? That's another 2 out this is why we are signing free transfers now to replace these ones we are in a better place than last season at this time I beleive we are going to sign quality in this window . Hastie , Stewart and Jones and remember Kamara was to only come in the summer I beleive we will see another 2 or 3 freebies come in along with loan players to come in to this squad to replace these players

Far to many in the squad that are miles away from being good enough but will no doubt be on large salaries that no one else will be willing to take over.

Loanees will go back and those how’s contacts are expired (Wallace) will all go but I am concerned we will be left with players that offer nothing but are contracted up and will hang about.

Other than Morales I can’t see us actually getting someone off the books via player sales.

Borna, Grezda and Laff for example, how is going to want to spend millions to take any of these from us ??

Of the players listed, I hope we can keep Tav and Fod. It goes without saying that another year of having Kent on loan would be a huge plus.
There are no others that I’d be desperate to keep at the club.

Far to many in the squad that are miles away from being good enough but will no doubt be on large salaries that no one else will be willing to take over.

Loanees will go back and those how’s contacts are expired (Wallace) will all go but I am concerned we will be left with players that offer nothing but are contracted up and will hang about.

Other than Morales I can’t see us actually getting someone off the books via player sales.

Borna, Grezda and Laff for example, how is going to want to spend millions to take any of these from us ??
3 international players I don’t think we will have too much trouble with those 3. Ok Laff at a push but that’s more his attitude than anything.

Holt will be gone , do we not still have Hernandez on the books out on loan ? That's another 2 out this is why we are signing free transfers now to replace these ones we are in a better place than last season at this time I beleive we are going to sign quality in this window . Hastie , Stewart and Jones and remember Kamara was to only come in the summer I beleive we will see another 2 or 3 freebies come in along with loan players to come in to this squad to replace these players

Hernandez?!

Actually thought holt had already left the club and had thankfully forgotten all about Herrera. But yeah add those two to the list.
Also is myles beerman still with us? If so add him as well to the list. That could potentially be 18 out the door

Barisic
Worrall
Halliday
Dorrans
Grezda
Candeias

And any other dross gathering cobwebs in the squad.

Actually thought holt had already left the club and had thankfully forgotten all about Herrera. But yeah add those two to the list.
Also is myles beerman still with us? If so add him as well to the list. That could potentially be 18 out the door
Barton wants Holt at fleetwood permanently if he's still manager come summer . We have a fair few out on loans to come back so let's wait and see !

Lafferty has been speaking to killie that past few weeks I think they were waiting to see if the got European football before taking things any further

Lafferty has been speaking to killie that past few weeks I think they were waiting to see if the got European football before taking things any further

No point in having Lafferty in the squad if he's not being played. I still think he could do a job but he can only do so if he plays.

Agree with that list op. Beerman has already been released. I think Middleton needs to go out on loan to play a whole season. Flanagan, Candeias and Halliday should be kept as squad players.

Barisic
Worrall
Halliday
Dorrans
Grezda
Candeias

And any other dross gathering cobwebs in the squad.
IF, and i admit, it's a big if, Dorrans can get himself fit, he could be an asset in a more advanced position. Halliday is a decent option as a utility player. Candeias has played far too many games this season and it shows. If he doesn't regain his form by next October, then I'll admit i'm wrong. He just looks jaded and not the same player we had prior to the January shut down.

Most likely:

Foderingham
Alnwick
Worrall
Lafferty
McCauley
Holt
Coulibaly
Herrera

Maybe:

Rossiter
Candeias
Grezda
Barisic
Morelos

Think a lot of the dross in our squad along with 2 or 3 key players will be going, and if course the loans ending
I’m not in the know or anything and this is just guesswork but I think we MAY have seen the last of

Certs
Foderingham
Alnwick
Barasic
Wallace
Worrall
McCauley
Coulibaly
Morelos
Lafferty
Grezda
Holt
Herrera
Beerman?

Possibles
Halliday
Middleton (loan)
Candeias
Flanagan

So maybe 19 players out?

2 returning from loans and 3 more or less signed up, needing another goalie 2 centre halves a left back a number ten and one striker minimum. We really need to spend our funds wisely next season.
I think your not far off with this list
Add Dodoo as well
That’s a lot off the wage bill but means we need to do a bit of shopping as well

Certs
Foderingham
Alnwick
Barasic
Wallace
Worrall
McCauley
Coulibaly
Morelos
Lafferty
Grezda
Holt
Herrera
Beerman?

Possibles
Halliday
Middleton (loan)
Candeias
Flanagan

So maybe 19 players out?

You forgot Dodoo.

The only ones that actually matter keeping are Tav, Kent and Arfield. The rest are just average players.

Morelos as good a goal scorer as he is is a total liability.

Defoe and Davis started to find their feet again but might be a bit too old.

IF, and i admit, it's a big if, Dorrans can get himself fit, he could be an asset in a more advanced position. Halliday is a decent option as a utility player. Candeias has played far too many games this season and it shows. If he doesn't regain his form by next October, then I'll admit i'm wrong. He just looks jaded and not the same player we had prior to the January shut down.

Halliday nowhere near it imo.

For Dorrans, remember back to last season. It’s wishful thinking to believe he’ll flick a switch and become the player he was at WBA.

Halliday nowhere near it imo.

For Dorrans, remember back to last season. It’s wishful thinking to believe he’ll flick a switch and become the player he was at WBA.
He wasn't ready to come back in last season and was played well out of position. Hopefully he can contribute in his last year. Halliday proved he can be useful this season. especially at left back.

Everybody who was loaned out apart from Doc and Rossiter
Coulibally
Laff
Grezda
Barisic
Worrall(confirmed anyway)
McAuley
Fod
Wallace
Morelos

I’ll be shocked if Halliday leaves

He does a job when called upon and helps with dressing room atmosphere

He is a player who clearly helps the dressing room message from the manager compute to players etc

I think people oft forget that you do need sound cunts in a dressing room - it does help.

Certs
Foderingham
Alnwick
Barasic
Wallace
Worrall
McCauley
Coulibaly
Morelos
Lafferty
Grezda
Holt
Herrera
Beerman?

Possibles
Halliday
Tavernier
(genuinely hope not)
Middleton (loan)
Candeias
Flanagan

So maybe 19 players out?

A few you've mentioned are definitely leaving as it's the end of their loan/contact expiring. If the price is right, the likes of Fod, Alnwick, Barasic and Lafferty will go without fuss.

Morelos and Tav are our prized assets, I'd expect the rumour mill to be in full swing for them imminently.

The others I've put in bold I would like to stay. Loans to SPFL/English Championship sides for Middleton, McCrorie etc would be ideal.

Don’t quite get all the clamour to see Candeias go.
I agree how many goals have we scored this year as a direct result of his high press nicking the ball. Should have been another one today had Morelos squared to Kent. Arguably best we have at the high press Prob not a starter next year but should still be here in my opinion.

Foderingham (Too good to be number 2)
Alnwick
Robby McCrorie Loan
Tavernier (Sold but i hope not)
Hodson
Wallace
Lafferty
Flanagan
Halliday
Morelos (Sold hopefully for big money)
Candeias
Barisic?
Grezda
MacAuley (Retired)
Holt (Loan)
Dodoo (Loan)
Hardie
Herrera

So many players we need to try and get out.

Barisic isn't going to make it with us imo, he doesn't have the heart or fight and that's not something you can coach or give a player.

He ain't the only one of course.

Its the end if the road for Candeias aswell, he has given us good service and i really like him but our squad players have to be of a higher level now.

I’m sure we’d like keep Foderingham but I imagine he’ll want a chance to play every week for someone. Can’t see Dorrans becoming a factor for us due to injuries, but I think we’ll struggle to move him on. Hopefully we can shift Lafferty and Grezda who have been a waste of space.

Agree with that list op. Beerman has already been released. I think Middleton needs to go out on loan to play a whole season. Flanagan, Candeias and Halliday should be kept as squad players.
Do not agree on Middleton,but the other three are very good squad players.

I have no clue who we will get rid of as these people are on contracts and we know they are not easy to deal with.
However, my bigger frustration is for players like McRorie/Rossiter/Docherty/Middleton/and probably Hastie too. These guys need game time and we cant have them hanging around the squad only playing every 3 to 4 weeks.
If we see their potential give them a good preseason to show and if they are not in the top one or two in their position then get them out playing and learning.

Foderingham (Too good to be number 2)
Alnwick
Robby McCrorie Loan
Tavernier (Sold but i hope not)
Hodson
Wallace
Lafferty
Flanagan
Halliday
Morelos (Sold hopefully for big money)
Candeias
Barisic?