So whose under most pressure?

Every time we’ve went top in recent times we’ve lost our very next game. We’ve never managed to get ourselves a few points ahead since we’ve been back in the Premier.

The pressure is absolutely split 50/50 at the moment and it’s vital we don’t slip up first.

They have one shot at this we if you like have two to stop 10. Therefore this season the pressure is all on them.

Keep hearing Rangers are under pressure to stop Sellick's 9/10 in-a-row. The argument being that Rangers players have never had this sort of pressure going for a title before apart from McGregor and Davis in our current team. I struggle to find Sellick players apart from Frather Forthter and Mongo who have been under any real pressure going to win the league. The rest of their players have had an easy ride for the last eight years and have had no real competition until now. How will their players react when things aren't going their way in a tight game.

Edit. Bad spelling on title. Should read Who's !!!

I would edit out the ‘m*ngo’ bit m8, certain ‘holier-than-thou’ admin on here will give you a ban for the use of that word...

If we can just keep winning I'd expect Lemon to crack quite frankly. Their 8 previous league wins will basically mean sweet FA if they don't get this one. It's been fed to all the filth, 10 in a row is a formality etc. for years now. Well,we're going to get 55 and that'll kick start the mother of all parties. I can't wait for it. Pressure is all on the filth.

Pretty equal pressure wise I'd say at the moment. First to drop any points will start to feel it though

The pressure is on them, we’re not expected to be where we are and they’ve had 10 in a row won since 2010! Brown is the only one in their squad who’s had any kind of title challenge in the past. It was telling when he was shouting at his players as we skipped past them and they had no answer!

Them by a country mile. Gerrard will take this in his stride. We are the underdogs...just keep piling the pressure on them and watch it unfold.

I’d love them to slip up on Wednesday night watch the reaction if we go too if the league proper.

If we push on and rack up the wins over the next 2-3 weeks I could see them becoming very, very nervous.

Pressure on both is really bad to be fair.
Dont know if my nerves can take it, waited too long for this now

Since they are the current 'champions' and have been for quite a while - even though it was due to a set of extremely dubious circumstances - the prospect of losing their title has to put them under pressure. The added awareness that if Rangers win their game in hand they will go top of the league, not to mention the fact that they have been outplayed in the two most recent encounters with their principal rivals, the sense of a shift in the balance of power must be weighing heavily on sellick minds right now.

So whilst Rangers will also be under pressure not to drop points, as we head into the second half of the season, I think the pressure will be that much greater on them.

Pressure on both sides, question will be who can capitalise on momentum. Right now it's on our side but just like the killie game last January, one bad result can destroy it.

everyone in the media are expecting us to drop points at some point, even the tims
but if we keep on winning the pressure is all on them

It's our title to win. That's all that matters. Still a long way to go and we are up against it. Will be a monumental achievement to win it and defeat such a financial disparity

Both under equal pressure, I would love to sicken them by winning the league this year, they would collapse.

I don't like other people doing it , but I will (look ahead 4/5 games).
If we win them , which we can , just 1 draw for them could have us 6 points ahead - when we beat them at Ibrox. (Plus game in hand).
They'll never handle that pressure.

i just hope clancy and collum dont feature in any of our games and just as important theirs. Remove Beaton too. Would rather have incompetent officials than cheats.
Think you may have a point. The refs will be scrutinised to nth degree by the mentally challengeds and their influence on games will be telling.

They've won the league unopposed for last few years. It'll be a whole new experience for their players, they won't handle the pressure, I'm convinced of it. Just fkn do it Rangers.
You just have to read the papers this morning, the full back has already imploded claiming the ref in Sat. game had it in for him, surely this also should be brought to the attention of the compliance officer.

They are most under pressure, not winning the league will crush them.

We are improving all the time and we know the gaffer has us heading in the right direction, if we lose we will be disappointed but will take heart from our performances and press on next season.

They are most under pressure, not winning the league will crush them.

We are improving all the time and we know the gaffer has us heading in the right direction, if we lose we will be disappointed but will take heart from our performances and press on next season.
Hopefully that is the case come May. What a party in George Square it'll be on that day!

We keep getting told that the Rangers support is departure to stop 10. It doesn’t bother me one bit as nobody can really take celtics achieviements seriously considering what happened to us.

Lemon. Because they are expected to win it, and he’s even bigged it up himself that they have the “more expensive team”.

Stupid muppet even gave himself a whack over the head with the stick on that one.

Having the team that cost the most to put together and the team worth the most is two different things unfortunately for candy floss teeth.

Far more pressure on CFC, I wouldn’t say panic is setting in on them, but they know this might be the last time they top the SPFL this season.

Their 10 in a row would be meaningless, given the tainted titles involved. I just want 55 to see their meltdown.

I'd say more on them, if they drop points before we drop points I think the bigot will implode the beggars had a tremendous run after the winter break last year.if we are above them before the next old firm on 15th of march we will win the league

I'd say more on them, if they drop points before we drop points I think the bigot will implode the beggars had a tremendous run after the winter break last year.if we are above them before the next old firm on 15th of march we will win the league
I really look forward to the bhigot imploding when the pressure is on. His demeanour just now aint fooling anyone.

Keep hearing Rangers are under pressure to stop Sellick's 9/10 in-a-row. The argument being that Rangers players have never had this sort of pressure going for a title before apart from McGregor and Davis in our current team. I struggle to find Sellick players apart from Frather Forthter and Mongo who have been under any real pressure going to win the league. The rest of their players have had an easy ride for the last eight years and have had no real competition until now. How will their players react when things aren't going their way in a tight game.

Fuuck that they have got to be miles more under pressure with all there so called millions n all the help they get for back refs n the manky sfa

Pressure is on them, bigger wage bill and apparent better team if this continues there fans will turn up the pressure even more

Pressure on both for different reasons. We need to prove we can win it & they are expected to win it.
I agree with this but I think as we get closer to the end of the season and if we are still neck and neck or even a point or two ahead then the pressure on them will ramp right up and hopefully they will implode

I agree with this but I think as we get closer to the end of the season and if we are still neck and neck or even a point or two ahead then the pressure on them will ramp right up and hopefully they will implode
It doesn't suit their victim mentality to be ahead. Interesting times ahead

We need to build as much momentum as possible going into the second half of the season so we force the pressure on them. If they drop a couple of points early on there is a good chance they will crumble. Only thing is I don’t see ourselves and them dropping too many.

Them without a doubt - if we keep going and winning then it’s only a matter of time until Lennon implodes!

Pressure on both to keep winning. The pressure is massively on them from their fans as they thought they would have buried us but we're back and have a strong team now. Under warburton and Pedro we were nowhere near good enough to compete and cause them fear but now we are.

This is the first time they've had any sort of competition and they've got a manager who will lose the plot if they slip up, fans that will turn on the board and fight each other. Best of it is that they genuinely think ref's and spfl are out to stop the ten. Despite them being allowed far more fouls before a booking and winning last cup by an offside goal

Last edited:

Right now them, because we have gained a slight advantage

But it will chop and change across the season

Currently I'd say there's not much in it. We're under pressure to stop them but their fans are clamouring for it and still struggling with the loss last month.

However if we can reach the next old firm game in the position we're in now or better, all pressure is on them to do best us at Ibrox. Fail to do that and they'll be under real pressure for the first time in years, and we'll then see how they really cope.

Genuinely feel the pressure is on us. We’re good enough now, we expect to win it this season. If we don’t it’ll be a travesty

I think it's pretty equal in terms of pressure. We just need to use it in the right way - as a motivation. If we can just get our noses in front I think we will really kick-on.

Back