Soccer AM cancelled

To be honest it should have been binned about 10 years ago.

I loved it up until around 2010 as well.
Truth be told it was never the same after Lovejoy left, him and Helen Chamberlain were an excellent pairing.
I watched it originally, then had a reprise around 2010 when my eldest boy got into it.

A steady, then steep, decline followed.

I still stick it on the background on a Saturday morning, so a bit gutted at this. Some of the segments are still good.

It thrived back in the day because it showed you viral clips from across football. Nowadays you're sent them on your phone before they've even happened.

And some of the stuff they did back in the day would never be allowed now. Remember they would ask the Soccerette their age and marital status? In the later series if they said they were single it would cut to a short clip of a footballer going "Yaaas!" and fist pumping the air :D

I still stick it on the background on a Saturday morning, so a bit gutted at this. Some of the segments are still good.

It thrived back in the day because it showed you viral clips from across football. Nowadays you're sent them on your phone before they've even happened.

And some of the stuff they did back in the day would never be allowed now. Remember they would ask the Soccerette their age and marital status? In the later series if they said they were single it would cut to a short clip of a footballer going "Yaaas!" and fist pumping the air :D
Sure they did a bit called the "Shemale". Basically one of the guys dressed in drag.

No chance that would fly today :shh:

I still enjoy the “Shocker Saturday” segment and the show isn’t nearly as bad as some are making out.

Not a patch on the original but decent enough Saturday morning entertainment and probably better than whatever bland (and no doubt box ticking) shite Sky will replace it with

Used to love it back in the Lovejoy days.

Maybe it was because I was so young, but it felt like it was on for about 5 hours.

Downhill after he left then off a cliff after Max Rushden left.

I watch it every now and then on a Saturday morning. Almost nothing to it these days, spend 10 minutes talking to some band who don’t like football, then another 20 doing a tired soccer Saturday parody then go outside and arse about on the pitch for the rest of the show.

They used to have a lot of good sketches throughout. Some recurring stuff like the away days thing and one offs.

I have this feeling too - it used to start at nine, I think, and run through to twelve.

I still enjoy the “Shocker Saturday” segment and the show isn’t nearly as bad as some are making out.

Not a patch on the original but decent enough Saturday morning entertainment and probably better than whatever bland (and no doubt box ticking) shite Sky will replace it with

Yeah, I agree with that. It's worked reducing it down to ninety minutes.

I'd also watch it over A League of their Own or the insipid replacement that'll come along.

It’s like Lovejoy hit lucky on that show as everything else he has done since has been horse shit.
He’s actually a bit of a weirdo. The way he used to be passive-aggressive towards his female co-presenter on that kitchen show was odd.
He felt like a dinosaur about two minutes after he left Soccer AM.
But he did everything right on that show and caught the zeitgeist of the times.

Can understand why.
They can’t make it the way they want to anymore because of woke culture. They drafted in two fuckin women recently and they have a part of the show and it’s fuckin horrific. Same things happened with Still Game, Only an Excuse etc

Folk say “aw it’s pish now” well aye obviously because the world has gone mad and they can’t make the show they want because people will be offended

It's actually still a half decent watch on a Saturday morning. Sad to see it go tbh.

Can understand why.
They can’t make it the way they want to anymore because of woke culture. They drafted in two fuckin women recently and they have a part of the show and it’s fuckin horrific. Same things happened with Still Game, Only an Excuse etc

Folk say “aw it’s pish now” well aye obviously because the world has gone mad and they can’t make the show they want because people will be offended

So true. The two women are torture on it. So is the fat goalie burd they stick in goals from time to time.

The 10.30am Saturday morning slot will now be taken up by Saturday Social - which previously aired before Soccer AM at 9.30am.

The football show focuses more on the social media side of the game which hopes to appeal more to younger viewers.

Utter guff.

It's actually still a half decent watch on a Saturday morning. Sad to see it go tbh.

So true. The two women are torture on it. So is the fat goalie burd they stick in goals from time to time.

The 10.30am Saturday morning slot will now be taken up by Saturday Social - which previously aired before Soccer AM at 9.30am.

The football show focuses more on the social media side of the game which hopes to appeal more to younger viewers.

Utter guff.
Ffs. A show built around social media.
Will be utter shit house.

I’ve not watched it in years, wasn’t even sure it was still on the go. Over 20 years since it was at its best so no great loss.

Was a must watch at the end of the 90s and start of the 00s. Has been nowhere near as good since but was still worth sticking on in the background to kill 90 mins before heading out on a Saturday. If folk think Soccer AM is pish now just wait till you see Saturday Social they'll be replacing it with, utter tripe. And those Kmita's are absolutely awful. It's almost worth it being cancelled to get them off the telly!

As I remember it, she got her lips filled and it looked horrific. After that, they only showed her from a distance and eventually she left the show.
She was removed during a "shake up" of the show and her replacement was Lloyd Griffith. I don't think he lasted too long.

Should have been axed years ago when Lovejoy left after that it went massively downhill add in today's woke culture it doesn't work and your left with a 90 odd minute program of scripted pish.

Lovejoy made it the stronger period. Pretty much everything they did creatively went through him.
I don't know the inner workings of it but I don't think Lovejoy is that good a presenter. Even Helen Chamberlain isn't as good as someone like Laura Woods IMO.

I hate that you can't find the old clips of the muscle poses to the Blackpool music

The 10.30am Saturday morning slot will now be taken up by Saturday Social.

That’s usually on before it, wonder what replaces that now.

Cool story bro and stealth post in one.

I sent in a letter and picture I cut from a paper which had a silhouette that looked remarkably like Chelsea defender Frank Leboeuf with arrows pointing at the back of his head, suggesting this was how he got the big scar there.

I'm sure there was an ongoing thing on the show about his scar at the time.

Anyway, I wrote my spiel on the back of an official club printed matchday team sheet (Rangers v St Mirren) and to my surprise and delight it was read out and the wee picture shown by Hells Bells and the bold Tim on one of the broadcasts.

My big claim to fame,:rolleyes::p

Used to love watching it when I was 8 or 9 in the early 2000s. Remember watching it on Christmas morning as well, haven't watched it for years now but I'm sure it went down hill when Lovejoy left

Back