Soccer AM cancelled

Long had it's day. Lovejoy , Chamberlain were good. Boston Goals and the soccerette etc

Too lefty orientated now guys like Chunks who nobody can relate to and Jimmy Bullard in skinny jeans talking shite.

Mind when Helen Chamberlain was good looking......

43119EE300000578-4768894-image-m-13_1502175744678.jpg

To be honest it has been pretty poor for a while but it was a must watch back in the day, sad that it has been binned but defo the right decision.

Ran it's course (a number of years ago)

A must watch when younger. As said before Football Italia and this was an amazing morning as a kid compared to now.

I’m surprised it lasted so long after the 90s, really was the 90s in a nutshell.

Also… Free Chip!!!

It was also great because it covered all 4 English leagues almost equally, Helen supporting Torquay saw to that. Recently years it has been Prem & CL centric.
2001 my flat mates & I would watch ever Sat morning, never ever missed it. Good times

Cool story bro and stealth post in one.

I sent in a letter and picture I cut from a paper which had a silhouette that looked remarkably like Chelsea defender Frank Leboeuf with arrows pointing at the back of his head, suggesting this was how he got the big scar there.

I'm sure there was an ongoing thing on the show about his scar at the time.

Anyway, I wrote my spiel on the back of an official club printed matchday team sheet (Rangers v St Mirren) and to my surprise and delight it was read out and the wee picture shown by Hells Bells and the bold Tim on one of the broadcasts.

My big claim to fame,:rolleyes::p
It would have bee a better story if you had pumped one of the mascots on it:cool:

Fennners is actually top class. Most of the characters from back in the day like Stan Hibbert, Barry Proudfoot and Ally McMoist were all his. I was actually howling at his Geordie character a few weeks ago during the Pro Am.

Like I said before, people who are saying it’s shite now are probably completely ignoring the fact they can’t do what they used to do. Same with Still Game/Only an Excuse and it’s why they are also no more. Comedy/entertainment in the U.K. is fucked and it’s why normal TV is shit because of cancel culture and political correctness.

I actually still watch every episode. I record it and watch it during the week. There’s been so many new bands and songs I’ve heard over the years from them playing songs during their Goals of the Week part. In fact one of my fav bands got their first U.K. play of a song back in 2015 (DMA’s) They still have decent guests and interviews as well.

Fenners is a really good guy and it’s shame it’s ended up this way for them. He’ll get another job in TV writing or production no bother. Makes sense as well now Jimmy Bullard has also moved FT to Tubes YouTube channel Golf Life.

Will be sad to see it go.
Great summation. Fenners had massive input and the show/Lovejoy would have been nothing without him. Sheephead also deserves recognition. Lovejoy is an ego maniac who is only too happy to hoover up all the recognition.
I usually record the show and depending guests will flick through it. I know Bullard can be a bit of a polarising character but I think he’s great on the show and I have no idea why so many on here don’t like Fenners. He’s a talented guy and seemingly a really decent type into the bargain.
Only real negative for me are two girls who take part in the drills. The hideous little boots basically behave like childish versions of Bullard, they are a pain on the arse and bring nothing to the show.
I too will be sorry to see it go.

Great summation. Fenners had massive input and the show/Lovejoy would have been nothing without him. Sheephead also deserves recognition. Lovejoy is an ego maniac who is only too happy to hoover up all the recognition.
I usually record the show and depending guests will flick through it. I know Bullard can be a bit of a polarising character but I think he’s great on the show and I have no idea why so many on here don’t like Fenners. He’s a talented guy and seemingly a really decent type into the bargain.
Only real negative for me are two girls who take part in the drills. The hideous little boots basically behave like childish versions of Bullard, they are a pain on the arse and bring nothing to the show.
I too will be sorry to see it go.

I said that too earlier in the thread about the two women now involved. Absolutely horrific and I’m blaming them for Sky cancelling the show.

They should have shut it down when the soccerette flashed her minge. Was never going to be better than that.
Google
"soccerette shows too much"
The video is on the twitter hit.
Not posting link for obvious reasons.
Blink and you miss it BTW.

Still watch it on a Saturday morning before heading to the wee man's football. Agreed its nowhere near as good as back in the day. Ohhh that's a great age :))

Does anyone else think it went downhill when Lovejoy left?:rolleyes:

Prime viewing back in the day, and as others have pointed out, it tapped in very well to the Lads Mags generation.

Throw in Soccer Saturday, Sunday Supplement, Goals on Sunday and Super Sunday and Sky really did have a winning formula.

Now its all gone a little stale - certainly for those of us that were at the right age when it all kicked off.
Happy Times they were.

It did go downhill when Lovejoy left, but it was a programme very much of its time and I think a decline was naturally coming and Lovejoy had the good sense to get out at the right time.

It Was also badly hurt by the rise of social media. Stuff like Showboat and Third Eye highlighting stuff from the previous weekend become pointless as that stuff became available on Twitter or Youtube pretty much instantly.

To be honest it has been pretty poor for a while but it was a must watch back in the day, sad that it has been binned but defo the right decision.

It’s remained on air for far too long. It’s been shite for years.

It was brilliant when Tim Lovejoy was on it.
It was hit and miss when he was in it. Had some good bits but far too many in-jokes with the crew and the try-too-hard attempt to be cool by getting a landfill indie band on every week became tiresome very quickly. Like a less good version of 90s Chris Evans.

Last edited:
It was hit and miss when he was in it. Had some good bits but far too many in-jokes with the crew and the try-to-hard attempt to be cool by getting a landfill indie band on every week became tiresome very quickly. Like a less good version of 90s Chris Evans.
Remember he got that spin off music show on Sky, interviewing indie bands, and it was utter shit.

did he not come out about struggles with the drink?

Decent footballer as well
Aye he did, must say though he wasn't drunk or anything like that when I met him just looked like he was enjoying a couple of pints. Although who knows eh was only a brief encounter.

Aye he did, must say though he wasn't drunk or anything like that when I met him just looked like he was enjoying a couple of pints. Although who knows eh was only a brief encounter.
Not judging mate, each to their own just seeing your post triggered something that he had issues with alcohol couldn't remember if it was him or someone else

It's been going downhill for ages now and was at that nearly unwatchable stage - not surprised it has been binned.

Back