Social contact limits over by 21st June

The most vulnerable groups have either been vaccinated, or have been offered a vaccination.

The reports on the efficacy of the vaccines in obliterating the numbers requiring hospitalisation are incredible.

The vaccines are rendering Covid no more lethal than the Flu.

Some people will still be hospitalised and die with Covid - that’s sadly unavoidable.

Around 20,000 people die each year from the Flu, but we don’t lock the country down.

People and the economy need to get back to normal operations now, or the fallout will be worse than virus itself.

Suggestion of income tax going up from 20p to 29p. I feel sorry for the poor workers having to dig deep to fund all those projects so adored by the luvvies in the media.

When the projected finish of vaccinations is July, seems a bit strange that Boris is talking about nightclubs in June. In my simple head mass gatherings indoors would be after vaccinations.

Fair enough on outdoor crowds.

The vaccination figures suggest 10 million per month is easily achievable. We're currently sitting close to 18 million first doses. March, April and May should add well over 30 million giving a figure of over 50 million. Im not sure what happens when they have to do second doses while still rolling out firsts but it seems obvious that most adults will be done by the end of May at the latest.

That suggests there is every reason to believe we will be out of lockdown sooner than some think.

Stay at home on a wage because they are scared? Not a chance.

Get out and earn your corn like everyone else

Do you know how many people in the UK actually work? I think you'll be shocked. We dont live in a society that values hard work and personal responsibility anymore. Its all about rights without responsibility. The press love to shame the politicians into giving more without ever considering the mugs that have to pay.

When the projected finish of vaccinations is July, seems a bit strange that Boris is talking about nightclubs in June. In my simple head mass gatherings indoors would be after vaccinations.

Fair enough on outdoor crowds.

The point of vaccination isn't that every single person needs to be vaccinated. If it brings transmission and lethality down by enough then even those remaining unvaccinated should be at a fraction of the risk they were at six months ago.

The point of vaccination isn't that every single person needs to be vaccinated. If it brings transmission and lethality down by enough then even those remaining unvaccinated should be at a fraction of the risk they were at six months ago.

I get that, it's just that the people who go to clubs will likely be right at the end of the vaccination queue.

I'm all for going for a boogie but in May I don't fancy it.

So just a question from me. I am due to see Rammstein at the Ricoh Arena on 19th of June in Coventry( I live about an hour away). Obviously this is before the 21st and the venue is sold out. Will it be on?

I get that, it's just that the people who go to clubs will likely be right at the end of the vaccination queue.

As long as you're not over 60 and not got any underlying conditions, you're pretty safe.

Exactly what I thought. Very odd to open everything up one month before the people most likely to mix (under 40's) are due to get the vaccine.

Exactly what I thought. Very odd to open everything up one month before the people most likely to mix (under 40's) are due to get the vaccine.

They're also the least likely to become ill. There would really be no value in keeping clubs closed until all adults are vaccinated. Once the people who are at the highest risk of death or serious illness have been vaccinated the rest of us should be allowed to evaluate the risk for ourselves.

Back