Socially distant celebrations

Ilikethewayyoumove

Players in EPL are doing socially distant celebrations, will this become something in the Scottish Premiership? Personally I see little to no prevention of covid spreading through it due to teams being in bubbles, opposing teams in close contact defending corners etc. Thoughts?

Fulham did the huddle before their game against Chelsea.

In other news...

gn22.png

Anything..........just anything to call it a day for football up here.

Lets see in the next few weeks.

The scum are really trying to get back in the good books. I mean, deliberately not scoring goals in their games to avoid any chance of breaking the rules over celebrations is impressive and they should be congratulated on saving lives.

They are training together crowding in the box at set plays and tackling each other I doubt celebrating together is gonna make any difference at all

If we’ve to have socially distant celebrations then the Tims can’t be allowed to continue doing the huddle.

Players been asked to socially distance in regards to goal celebrations yet my mrs (no pics)is upstairs watching dancing on ice where couples are in constant contact.

I take it this point about needing to be in close contact with someone for 15 mins to potentially catch covid outdoors is pish then?

Because if it's not, then why do we need to get worked up about goal celebrations?

A convenient ‘issue’ for the media to discuss in order to distract people from government failings and more important issues in the battle against Covid.

Football is such an easy target for this sort of nonsense and it’s so, so tiring.

If they’ve got an issue with players who are tested regularly being in close proximity to each other then football shouldn’t be getting played at all.

As I said, it’s utter nonsense.

A convenient ‘issue’ for the media to discuss in order to distract people from government failings and more important issues in the battle against Covid.

Football is such an easy target for this sort of nonsense and it’s so, so tiring.

If they’ve got an issue with players who are tested regularly being in close proximity to each other then football shouldn’t be getting played at all.

As I said, it’s utter nonsense.
You’d almost think a footballer had (again) humiliated the govt into taking action as regards food poverty.

The players need a negative Covid test before they are allowed to play so what's the issue here?

Football is an emotional game. Strip the emotion out of it and with no fans in the stadium either you have nothing left. The games are bad enough to watch as it is without taking the last bit of enjoyment out of it.

If it helps keep football out of the spotlight in a negative manner, go for it.

The players are supposed to be soicalky distanced everywhere other than the pitch itself, so it does make sense to reduce unnecessary contact.

Just more virtue signalling nonsense.

Fit young men do not become ill with CV19, nor is there any evidence that they get it and pass it on asymptomatically.

These guys are tested regularly, are in football bubbles and have been since the summer at least.

This is just football being offered up as another sacrificial lamb by a government whose shambolic handling of this situation has sought scapegoats at every turn.

It was the same in the summer when footballers were being asked to turn a pay cut.

I would like to see the evidence of the thousands of goals scored since football resumed, how many covid infections has it led to.

I would guess the answer is about 0.

Just more virtue signalling nonsense.

Fit young men do not become ill with CV19, nor is there any evidence that they get it and pass it on asymptomatically.

These guys are tested regularly, are in football bubbles and have been since the summer at least.
That’s not true, there have been examples of footballers becoming ill with it, at Newcastle both Lascelles and St- Maximin have missed several weeks due to the effects of long Covid.

It’s a ‘messaging’ thing.

The government think we’re that stupid that if we see footballers hugging after scoring that we’ll all think it’s OK to hug our mum/dad/granny etc.

Doh!:oops:

Back