Sol Campbell Leaves Southend

Campbell's managed 2 clubs in terrible situations. He did well to keep Macclesfield up. We'll see how he goes from now on.

They had three black former players on Soccer Saturday at the weekend. Sky are really pushing the boat out with this and want to be seen as caring the most about BLM.

Le Tiss wasn’t overly chuffed on twitter about being forced to wear the BLM badge because he didn’t agree with them Sky are absolutely ramming down everyone’s throats.

4 wins in 23 games in charge.
The problem is that the question will now be “Would a white manager be sacked for same.”
AND
“Could a white manager do better.”
OR
”It was the players’ fault, they’re the racists.”

Campbell's managed 2 clubs in terrible situations. He did well to keep Macclesfield up. We'll see how he goes from now on.
Reports from Barca that there are problems between the players and new manager.
Could be why he resigned today .
Pity the bookies are shut.

I actually think hes a decent manager who has worked with very tight budgets. I think he probably will get an opportunity higher up
Decent managers do something with teams on tight budgets, get a good reputation for doing so, and get better jobs on merit

They had three black former players on Soccer Saturday at the weekend. Sky are really pushing the boat out with this and want to be seen as caring the most about BLM.
They’ve been awful with their fawning over BLM.Lost a customer here

Sol Campbell is a dick. And he is using race to try and cover the fact that he's a shit coach and won't ever make it as one. %^*& off sol.

Shite manager that has a massive chip on his shoulder. I would imagine it gives up and coming black managers an even tougher chance of getting a role from chairmen thinking they will be the next Sol Campbell and everything turning out to be race related.
Careful, him being a failure is nothing to do with him being black so other black prospective managers should not be judged on Sol. He fails because he is a shite manager with a full chippy on his shoulder. Black people, as with any other races, religion or creed, should be judged only on ability, personality and experience.

Although certain negative influences will use the black aspect and the undoubted history of racial discrimination for self promotion, we must be careful not to "lump them together", which kind of validates things. There's bad eggs and ignorance on all sides. Black managers and people absolutely 100000% deserve chances white people get, based on merit. And in my opinion, there is a history of discrimination. Of course some are playing on it too much, but we're above comparison for skin colour terms.

Let him play vicTIM as a bad egg, rather than because he is black and keep our morals high.

At least that's how I see it

Last edited:
The threads on this guy are always the same now, can someone just make a bingo card. Just line after line of people repeating sarcastic comments about racism.

If 45 people before you have already said the same thing on the thread, then there is a slight chance your comment is not original.

Careful, him being a failure is nothing to do with him being black so other black prospective managers should not be judged on Sol. He fails because he is a shite manager with a full chippy on his shoulder. Black people, as with any other races, religion or creed, should be judged only on ability, personality and experience.

Although certain negative influences will use the black aspect and the undoubted history of racial discrimination for self promotion, we must be careful not to "lump them together", which kind of validates things. There's bad eggs and ignorance on all sides. Black managers and people absolutely 100000% deserve chances white people get, based on merit. And in my opinion, there is a history of discrimination. Of course some are playing on it too much, but we're above comparison for skin colour terms.

Let him play vicTIM as a bad egg, rather than because he is black and keep our morals high.

At least that's how I see it
I completely agree that it would be horrible for other managers to be automatically judged because they are black, BUT, there are a lot of people out there who do already have underlying biases whether they admit it or not. I genuinely believe there may be a chairman out there who looks at potential candidates and may not pick a black manager incase it goes wrong on the pitch, and it gets turned around to be a "you didn't give him a chance because he's black". I think in the current climate as well, there will be a desire from some for "positive discrimination" and black candidates to be actively looked out based on optics rather than ability.

That being said, Sol Campbell is and will always be a shite manager with an attitude problem, and that does not mean in any way that anyone else of whatever colour is the same.

Back