Sold smart card tonight and he did not give me the card back

I always sell any spare tickets I have on the ticket forum on here and I always arrange to meet up at turnstile and scan the person in before accepting payment - I also exchange mobile numbers so that myself and the buyer can be contacted a few rules that work for me.

If tkt was in different stand I'd always get them to pass it back out to me.
Always gave them a betting slip with seat details on.

so he didn’t go to the game after buying the smartcard? Was anyone in the seat?
Did he sell it to the guy outside the ground a bit strange that he just didn't show up,its going to get cancelled anyway it's not as if he will get to use it again.

To avoid this happening go to the turnstile and get it back after they get in.
Not foolproof. You let the guy go in first, but he makes a run for it while you’re going through the turnstile. You go first and he turns around after you’ve gone through the turnstile. I think the latter is best as you can report it as lost or stolen, and maybe stop him coming back later to use it, but not sure you would be able to have it cancelled quickly enough. There are people that are too stupid to realise that it will be cancelled and can’t be used again.

Did he sell it to the guy outside the ground a bit strange that he just didn't show up,its going to get cancelled anyway it's not as if he will get to use it again.
They might not be able to use it but they could sell it for £50 for the game against them and vanish

They might not be able to use it but they could sell it for £50 for the game against them and vanish
That's a possibility,that could happen if you had just lost it there's a degree of trust when entering into this transaction.

As said, not sure if this type of thing is normal practice, it certainly isn't something I or any smart card/season ticket holder I have known would consider doing.

Harsh or not, that's reality of the past 40+ years.
You're going on about how stupid the OP is but not only did it make no sense for the thief to steal the ticket, the worst that will happen is OP will be down a fiver.

It's hardly the end of the world.

I'm taking that because there was not a full house last night the guy that bought the season ticket decided to sit elsewhere hence he never turned up in the seat he was meant to be in sounds pretty scummy behaviour to me.

Not sure you could have done it for last night's game but, for future reference, folk might be safer using the club's seatsub scheme, if they can.

Poor that this has happened. I know people will say you should have gone with him to the turnstyle but, I've always tended to trust people with stuff like this (perhaps naively).

I did it with a lad on here on Boxing Day game. Handed him the card outside but I was standing blethering to people so just told him to get himself in and sort it out inside. No issues at all.

Seems really strange. Maybe the guy went for a pint and got caught up, and didn’t make the game. A bit inconvenient for the owner of the card right enough.

You ask the guy for id, driving licence etc take a photo. We all have mobiles.
You know where he lives.
Maybe im just a cnut.

Perhaps the chap who bought it had a sudden personal issue to attend to and couldn't make the game. Why on earth would he part with cash and not use it?

Nobody is surely that stupid to think they can use it, sit somewhere else and keep it for future use.

Unless the plan is to sell it online to an unwitting Bear which would be scum behaviour.

How many eyebrows did the guy have OP? My spidey senses are tingling here.
Might have a mate who sits in the same section and who had a spare seat around him?
Who knows what he thought would or should happen to the ticket afterwards though.

It seems a bit far-fetched but if time has taught me anything, it’s that people works to incredibly different versions of what is logical - what seems ridiculous to you is completely reasonable for someone else.

Next time as folks have said, same turnstile with you. The TO are helpful, and sure they will reprint once replacement card for you FOC (had to get this done previously and they did it as it was the first tieme

You were kind enough to lend him the card the least he could have done is return it to pretty poor behaviour on his part if you ask me

Strange situation, not a great way to treat a fellow bear.
At least it is just a fiver to get a replacement.

Back