Sold smart card tonight and he did not give me the card back

Rangers4ever1971

Sold my mates book tonight at the subway as he could not make the game. I then agreed to meet in ground his ticket is next to me
So he did not turn up.

So now need to contact the ticket office and probably have to buy a replacement(unsure of cost either).

Bizzare behaviour

Sold my mates book tonight at the subway as he could not make the game. I then it agreed to meet in ground ticket is next to me
So he did not turn up.

So now need to contact the ticket office and probably have to buy a replacement(unsure of cost either).

Bizzare behaviour
It will be free I'm sure - I needed a replacement earlier in the season and they made a new smart card there and then.

Tell the T.O. you lost your wallet with the smart card in it & they won’t charge for a replacement, they didn’t when it happened to me anyway.

It’s meant to be £5 but explain situation and they’ll do it for free probably, exact same happened to me and they did.

I lost my wallet another time and went to the game with no cash / card as got a lift and didn’t think - luckily they did same (reprinted me a ticket for game and posted out replacement ST free of charge).

That’s shitty behaviour though you were doing him a favour and he does that really nasty thing to keep it

so he didn’t go to the game after buying the smartcard? Was anyone in the seat?

Fiver and your mate will need to do it himself

I had lent mines and girlfriends to a mate he returned via post they got lost phones t/0 had to make two different transactions

Sold my mates book tonight at the subway as he could not make the game. I then agreed to meet in ground his ticket is next to me
So he did not turn up.

Bizzare behaviour

You gave a random guy outside the subway your mates smart card for cash and left him with it?

Extremely Bizarre behavior.

When selling a smart card, go through the turnstile at the same time and take it back there and then.

I’m not even sure why they wouldn’t show up to give it back - it’s not as if they’ll be able to use it for the next game because it will just be cancelled and replaced

I'd call it stupidity mate.

Not sure how often this type of arrangement happens, but we've always taken any non known smart card purchasers/users to the turnstiles with us.

Being incredibly harsh on the OP. Any reasonable person wouldn't expect someone to steal their smart card and any reasonable person wouldn't do it. The thief can't really think they can use it again? Nobody could be that stupid.

I’m not even sure why they wouldn’t show up to give it back - it’s not as if they’ll be able to use it for the next game because it will just be cancelled and replaced

May have forgot, maybe a lazy bastard, maybe stupid and thinks he can use it for other games.

Some bears can be trusted and do trust other bears, I got a smart card off someone in the ticket office on here for tonight and Wednesdays game, arranged to meet as planned, I paid for both games tonight and card will be returned Wednesday at st mirren game.

Maybe the fecking thing wouldn't scan and the poor bastard was £15 down and standing outside.

I would have dropped it down a stank.

Being incredibly harsh on the OP. Any reasonable person wouldn't expect someone to steal their smart card and any reasonable person wouldn't do it. The thief can't really think they can use it again? Nobody could be that stupid.

As said, not sure if this type of thing is normal practice, it certainly isn't something I or any smart card/season ticket holder I have known would consider doing.

Harsh or not, that's reality of the past 40+ years.

Perhaps the chap who bought it had a sudden personal issue to attend to and couldn't make the game. Why on earth would he part with cash and not use it?

Nobody is surely that stupid to think they can use it, sit somewhere else and keep it for future use.

Unless the plan is to sell it online to an unwitting Bear which would be scum behaviour.

How many eyebrows did the guy have OP? My spidey senses are tingling here.

So he did not turn up.

So now need to contact the ticket office and probably have to buy a replacement(unsure of cot
st either).

Bizzare behaviour
Dont be drama Queen TO willl give replacement.

Guy may have went to the wrong turnstile and couldn’t get in.

Was the smart card defo activated for the game?

I'd call it stupidity mate.

Not sure how often this type of arrangement happens, but we've always taken any non known smart card purchasers/users to the turnstiles with us.
I was trying to be polite :)

I agree, its not something i would have done. However, you can't chastise someone for trusting a fellow Bear. Once bitten, twice shy, as they say. I'm sure he's learned his lesson the hard way.

Back