Solihull Moors v Rangers Colts

Ha, maybe. I've been to reserve games with over 40K before, so is it that unreasonable?

Yes, I remember those games as well.:) Long time ago now. And it is Wrexham we are playing after all.

We took over 400 to Solihull, which was magnificent. We had 900+ at the UEFA Youth League match at Firhill against Young Boys. I expect us to play at Firhill again and I’m guessing at a crowd of 4000-5000, which will be fantastic. I think that will generate a better atmosphere than the same attendance at Ibrox.

On the other hand, I guess there are financial advantages to playing at Ibrox, not least no rent.

Throughly enjoyed watching our young uns win through to the Quarter Final v Wrexham last night.

Different Ground no 224 for me, attending old and new. Mostly with Luton, Rangers and England.

436 Bears (mainly, but not all - English based like myself) in the 1,598 crowd. We had the biggest away support at Solihull all season to date - Wrexham had the previous biggest, they took 344 for a Tues night game.

Officially just over 30k however many were locked out and they opened the turnstiles to let folk in for free. I remember because it was the first time i ever sat in the copland.
The official attendance was 15,000, but probably nearer 20,000 for the reason you mentioned.
From memory, only the Govan Stand was open, then they had to open the Copland, due to numbers locked out. Broomloan, Enclosure and Main Stand were not open, so no way it could have been 30 or 40,000.

We played Celtic in a reserve game at Ibrox that only the Utd game at Old Trafford that day had a bigger attendance.

4th highest crowed in the UK that weekend in August 1997, games at Old Trafford, Highbury & Villa Park had higher crowds

Ticket money goes to the home club and a bit to the away club, as per normal.

We just pay a fee to Partick to hire the ground.

It'll totally depend. I know when we used Forthbank we had it for free and Albion would ask fans coming in for a donation and keep any take from pie sales etc. We may have a similar agreement with Partick.

Back