Solihull Moors v Rangers Colts

Solihull Moors can confirm that they have today received an official request from the SPFL to move our Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer Cup fourth round fixture against Rangers Colts.

This was due to our opponents request in accordance with SPFL rule section G7 which entitles a club to apply for rearrangement where three or more of its players are unavailable due to international selection.

As a result, the tie will now move to Tuesday 29th October, with a kick-off time of 7:45pm at the SportNation.bet Stadium.

Our scheduled Vanarama National League fixture away to Hartlepool United, which was due to take place on this date, has now been rearranged to take place on Tuesday 5th November (7:45pm).

The SPFL request means that our fixture against Bromley on Saturday 12th October shall now remain as originally scheduled.

Ticket prices for our fourth round tie against Rangers Colts will be announced shortly.
Disappointed in Rangers applying this 'rule'.

Even though it's our U21's, it's Solihull Moors in a diddy cup ffs. Should have gone with what we had and fronted up to the originally scheduled date.

I know. But I just think in this competition we should be a bit more pragmatic and just go with what we have.
You mean that you would prefer a Saturday jolly down in England :)) They will be no mugs given they play in what was the conference and were in with a chance of promotion to the league

You mean that you would prefer a Saturday jolly down in England :)) They will be no mugs given they play in what was the conference and were in with a chance of promotion to the league
Pretty much, yes!! :))

Although I'm only a couple of hours south of Solihull so not too difficult for me to get to.

Even though it's our U21's, it's Solihull Moors in a diddy cup ffs. Should have gone with what we had and fronted up to the originally scheduled date.

Oh aye, playing 16 and 17 year olds against a men’s team is really a good idea.

Club have to look after the welfare of the players and if you’ve watched any of the games so far you’ll know how tough it’s been for the 19s. Never mind trying to throw in younger kids to make up the numbers.

Why?
Just so that we can get a wee jolly down south.
This “wee diddy” is what the players are playing for.
Wanting to win for Rangers.
That’s what comes first, not a social occasion.

Apologies to the poster I’ve almost copied verbatim.

Is it just me, but does Solihull Moors sound like a place where a serial killer dumped their victims? :)

Or as George calls it, Solihull Moops.

I know. But I just think in this competition we should be a bit more pragmatic and just go with what we have.
We are already playing our fourth eleven. Are you suggesting that the four international players be replaced with 16 year olds? Ballymena was men against boys and the boys won. Solihull may just give our young yin’s a humping. I would prefer to step out gracefully before a diddy Scottish team get a good gate and a scalp that they will rave about until we rag doll them with our real team.

Solihull are now the favourites in the bookies to win the division and get into the English league for the first time

Work in Birmingham city centre and was back in Scotland for the original date; so from an utterly selfish point of view I`m pleased with this!! :))

Tunnocks-Caramel-Wafer-Cup 4th round
Saturday 12 October, 2019
SportNation.bet Stadium,
Kick-off 3.00pm

2 tv games have been already selected

Friday 11 October, 2019
Stenhousemuir v Waterford
Ochilview Park, kick-off 7.35pm (Live on BBC ALBA)

Partick Thistle v Connah’s Quay Nomads
Energy Check Stadium at Firhill, kick-off 5.15pm (Live on S4C)
Game has now been changed to TUESDAY 29th octo2019 7.45PM kick off
Tunnocks-Caramel-Wafer-Cup 4th round
Saturday 12 October, 2019
SportNation.bet Stadium,
Kick-off 3.00pm

2 tv games have been already selected

Friday 11 October, 2019
Stenhousemuir v Waterford
Ochilview Park, kick-off 7.35pm (Live on BBC ALBA)

Partick Thistle v Connah’s Quay Nomads
Energy Check Stadium at Firhill, kick-off 5.15pm (Live on S4C)
Game has now been changed to TUESDAY 29TH OCTOBER 7.45PM KICK OFF

Ross County for the first team the next night means plenty will be put off. I know I’m not gonna go now.

If we get to final of this and say it was played at something like McDiarmid Park/Fir Park I wonder how many fans would attend.

Not just me that had been misreading it for years then?
It's certainly a confusing name, and you could be forgiven for assuming a connection to the Land Rover factory.

My first thought was a bit of cultural racism. Since they're not far from Shakespeare country my mind went Othello in the Black Country, or The Moor of Solihull.

According to Wikipedia it's much more prosaic:

"It was founded in 2007 by the merger of Moor Green (founded in 1901) and Solihull Borough (founded in 1953)"

45 mins from my old mans house.

Any idea where you’re parking?
No idea yet mate, still to look into it properly, I know they have parking at the ground, but gets busy quickly and not the best. Trying to find out if you can use jaguar land rover beside it? Alternatively and possibly easiest option at mo is NCP Car Park at Birmingham Airport (B26 3QT). This is around a 15minute walk from the ground, believe costs £3.

Ticket purchased for the official Solihull site in the Rangers away section seats. Will have to make this low key though and drive there straight from work in Bedford.

A rare occasion watching any Rangers side sober for this Luton Bear :))

Back