Solskjaer - Next Man U manager?

Scosha

Official Ticketer
I see the media are saying his agent has met with the Glazers. Done well since taking up the appointment but his next 3 games will surely define his future with the club?!

PSG in the CL at home
Chelsea in the FA cup away
Liverpool at home in league

Not a Man Utd fan but will be interesting to see how he does. He clearly can manage the group of players well but would you trust him with the summer transfer budget?

Not the big name I think the supporters want but has been keeping them happy for now.

I dont think ole is doing anything to mastermind wins just now hes just letting the players play with a bit more freedom and letting them express themselfs and attacking more(something jose didnt do)

They still need a big name imo for a club that size and budget.

Been a great run since taking over and making a really good case for staying on permanently.

Clearly has the respect of the players too. 2 results out of the next 3 games and the job has to be his

I said previously that he wouldn't get it because he's not a big enough name. But, you can't ignore how he has the squad playing. I'd still like to see how the team respond if they get their arses handed to them.
The biggest obstacle to him being appointed, though is still the Glazers' egos.

He has to be in the frame for it I’m sure. Not sure whether he is the answer although it cannot be argued that he has certainly transformed them. Does he have enough to sustain that over a league season, when expectations will be even higher? Does he have enough to make the correct signings in the summer? An intriguing prospect, and whatever happens he can leave with his head up.

Can’t argue with the results and the way they are playing to be fair to him

However they are still in a bit of a honeymoon period, pressure was off to a certain extent and the players were allowed to and encouraged to play

What happens after a few bad results or when the pressure and expectation is back will be s different matter tho

I think appointing him on a full time basis would be a mistake.

There’s a huge diffference in being a caretaker and an actual manager.

They need someone who can build a club, not a manager who’s trying to be the players best mate.

Can’t argue with the results and the way they are playing to be fair to him

However they are still in a bit of a honeymoon period, pressure was off to a certain extent and the players were allowed to and encouraged to play

What happens after a few bad results or when the pressure and expectation is back will be s different matter tho
Same with any manager and team, give him a contract till summer 2020 imo

He’s done a cracking job and deserves to prove himself over the next few months. The big worry from a united perspective is if he ends up like Di Matteo did after he won Chelsea the champions league. I personally thought Di Matteo was harshly treated but football clubs are impulsive in England when it comes to results.

He’s got a decent squad, doesn’t make him a good manager, especially since he failed before.
Jose lost the dressing room big time.

Talk of United bringing in a DOF so no concerns over him managing a transfer budget.

The better he does, the less likely it is someone else will want to take the job. New guy coming in knows that if he drops points in his first few games, he'll immediately be compared to Solskjaer - and that Solskjaer will have significant support from the stands.

There are almost no guarantees in football. Most thought Mourinho would have done better. He was one of the biggest names, very good track record, ultimately failed. Some people suit certain clubs.

The modern footballer is a spoilt prima donna who needs coddled. Perhaps someone who the players get along with AND respect is the way forward for this team.

Whatever happens I think his reputation he destroyed at Cardiff is restored and he would be back in contention for this summers silly season after the firing squad have put their guns down.

Personally I used to love him as a player and he seems like a likable guy so good on him.

Molde must be furious haha

Can't criticise his results so far but can he do it when they are in the title race? Only one way to find out, give him next season.

If I was in charge I'd be doing everything to bring Pochettino in though.

Solskjaer will be hamstrung by the perception that he’s not got the credentials to be a Man U manager.

It’s going great for him just now, but give him 3 poor results on the bounce and opinion will be harsher on him than I bet it would be someone like Pochettino or Zidane in the same scenario.

Man U need to get their next appointment bang on. They can’t afford another failure.

I think OGS will keep the job until they can get Pochettino who I think is their main target. Be that the end of this season or the next (Pochettino has always said he’ll stay with Spurs for 5 years - 2019 / 2020).

There is no need to rush into the appointment take there time until the end of the season and then see how he’s got inn , they’ve got some very difficult fixtures coming up over the next 4 weeks

Will cost 80 mil to get spurs management team, I think they would be wiser giving that money to Ole and bringing in a new defensive midfielder. He is doing a great job and I think he will get the gig.

Will cost 80 mil to get spurs management team, I think they would be wiser giving that money to Ole and bringing in a new defensive midfielder. He is doing a great job and I think he will get the gig.

That’s not a huge amount of money for a club like Man U if they think that’s the right team that will be in place for a long period, win trophies and build a legacy.

Put it in context of the money spent hiring and firing the Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho teams.

OGS is going great guns now but I don’t think the Utd headshed are impulsive enough to give him the permanent gig on the back of that. See where he is at the end of the season.

It will end in a situation like Di Matteo at Chelsea. They'll hire him because they feel they have to, even though they don't really want him, and within three months of next season he'll be gone.

Without pouring scorn on OGS achievements thus far, a big part of it will be because it's anyone but Jose in the dugout. The players shamefully downed tools and cheated the clubs supporters.

Manchester United cannot appoint someone like OGS as their manager. Their status demands big time appointments. I'm not convinced ZZ is that man, I think a trained monkey could coach a Real Madrid team that includes Ramos, Marcelo, Modric and Ronaldo.

They need a proper coach and a tactician. They should be on the phone to Ancelotti in my opinion.

That’s not a huge amount of money for a club like Man U if they think that’s the right team that will be in place for a long period, win trophies and build a legacy.

Put it in context of the money spent hiring and firing the Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho teams.

OGS is going great guns now but I don’t think the Utd headshed are impulsive enough to give him the permanent gig on the back of that. See where he is at the end of the season.
I’d agree with this. Don’t get me wrong if he continues in the same or at least a fairly similar vein then the jobs his but you have to judge him on more than just 10 games, no matter how great they have been.

Roberto Di Matteo should be used as a warning for Man Utd.

Big week coming up for Ole.

I think if he Gets then past PSG he’s in with a good shout.

I hope so, just to hear Colin/ Kanye on H&H pronounce his name.

He's discovered a new county.

Solks -shire. :))

Last edited by a moderator:
I could manage that MU talent who were binned as useless by 99.99% of posters 8 weeks ago. The players did not like JM. Plain as day, punt him and they will start winning.

According to today’s Sun he’s getting the job.

I find that hard to believe after such a short spell, albeit a good one.

If he gets the job he'll be sacked within 12 months.
He's got the players playing at the level they should be at and as yet, hasn't played any of the big teams.

I dont think ole is doing anything to mastermind wins just now hes just letting the players play with a bit more freedom and letting them express themselfs and attacking more(something jose didnt do)

They still need a big name imo for a club that size and budget.
thought you supported man united??

Bringing Mike Phelan back into the fold seems a smart move by OGS. Moyes paid the price for ditching him and his experience and knowledge of the club.

I was surprised to discover today that SAF still has an office in Old Trafford (or Carrington, wherever the business is done).

If he gets the job he'll be sacked within 12 months.
He's got the players playing at the level they should be at and as yet, hasn't played any of the big teams.
Spurs away , arsenal away . He’s passed every challenge flung at him and to say he’s no won any big games is ridiculous

Would be a massive own goal should they appointment. He is still enjoying a bounce after Mourinho. He certainly isn’t a heavy weight. Can you imagine him trying to read the riot act - lol

A rolling contract based in performance?
Can Man Utd even afford another big name payout?

I'm sure they can. Didn't they make money after the sacked Mourinho as their share price rose.

Don't think a worldwide club like Man Utd would go for a rolling contract like such either to be honest.

Back