Sombreros on a plane

In modern times, the word sombrero is a synonym of the wide-brimmed Mexican hat, but in reality, its origins can be found in the Spain. Even as far as 17th century, people from this country used to wear hats called “ Sombrero cordobés” (translated as “wide-brimmed hat”), a traditional hat from the Spanish territories of Córdoba and Andalusia. This hat is defined by the flat crown that is between 10-12cm high, and a relatively short and perfectly flat brim that can be 8-12 cm wide.

It is believed that Mexican sombrero was created after Spanish immigrants brought Sombrero cordobés to the New World.

Thank you Cliff from Cheers.

It was more about wearing whilst seated, or do they have to go into the locker?
Depends who you are flying with - each airline will obviously have their own sombrero wearing policy.

The general rule of thumb would be to keep it in the overhead compartment during take-off and landing, unless you are able to demonstrate that the string is firmly securing the hat to your head - too loose, and again you're looking at overhead compartment storage during take-off and landing.

Hope this helps.

An ex player needs to make a statement on the Sombrero/plane conundrum.

Nacho would be the obvious candidate.

Depends who you are flying with - each airline will obviously have their own sombrero wearing policy.

The general rule of thumb would be to keep it in the overhead compartment during take-off and landing, unless you are able to demonstrate that the string is firmly securing the hat to your head - too loose, and again you're looking at overhead compartment storage during take-off and landing.

Hope this helps.
String? Have I been conned? My authentic sombrero doesn’t have any string.

Sombrero etiquette while travelling.

You can only take it off while eating or drinking but must stay on at all other times while on the plane.

You do not have to wear a Sombrero if you have a medical cert due to head itching or neck string chaffing

An ex player needs to make a statement on the Sombrero/plane conundrum.

Nacho would be the obvious candidate.
Wear your sombrero, have fun but behave

Do not throw it up in the air and shout ARIBA!

Do pass it round the plane for a tip for the driver

Behave

You can use it to eat Paella out of if you wish but remember to behave

It makes great shade during your Siesta but remember to behave in your dreams

Yours sincerely

Juanma Ortiz

My sombrero included a fake tash. What is the fake tash wearing etiquette on board the plane?

Staring Samuel El Jackson?

E9912847-4-D12-4-E8-E-81-BC-BAFA47521951.jpg
Fantastic

Wear your sombrero, have fun but behave

Do not throw it up in the air and shout ARIBA!

Do pass it round the plane for a tip for the driver

Behave

You can use it to eat Paella out of if you wish but remember to behave

It makes great shade during your Siesta but remember to behave in your dreams

Yours sincerely

Juanma Ortiz

I'm sure it would also make a handy spew receptacle. Preferably after the collection for the driver.

Loads of guys had sombreros on my flight to Alicante from Manchester. The stewardess had it on at one point.

Back