Some Facts Surrounding Club 1872

Robert Marshall

This is the information a lot of posters have asked for, make up your own mind
First of all, let me make this quite clear, this not a threat to any individual or group of people, directly or implied.
This is all about getting a Board of Directors removed in a legal sense and a new Board appointed for Club 1872
to let the CIC expand and grow.
This is not something I wanted to make public but I feel my integrity has been called into question.
I have learned things over the last few weeks that have both appalled and saddened me in equal measures.
As a Rangers fan all my life, along with everyone else I have always wanted the best for our Club and our supporters.
But things I have heard have destroyed by rose-tinted view of some of my fellow fans and I cannot and will not sit silently by while these people put personal interest above the needs of Members of Club1872 and indeed the lack of support shown to our overall fanbase in the face of mounting criticism from outside sources in the kast few months.
I have been interviewed by Police Scotland on a scurrilous complaint of a criminal accusation by posts on FF.
I find this distressing to my family and I will not accept this. Needless to say, there were no criminal charges brought against me. I'm sure they will have another go at me. I will not be deterred from doing the right thing.
Amongst some facts that have come to light are the following.

Chris Graham or his nominee was paid circa £300K by the Club when Dave King was Chairman as a consultant. His job was to basically control Club1872 and make it grow, which retrospectively, looks like it was to get enough money to buy Dave's shares.
Chris was acting like a shadow Director of Club1872, sat in on meetings and there were no declarations to the Members.
It is also believed he may have got a company car, although I haven't got that verified.

One of the most damaging revelations, IMO , is that Club1872 has a Paypal account that, allegedly and I Say allegedly
that Chris, even though he is not officially contacted to Club 1872 is in control of this.
I have it confirmed that some Directors never even knew this Paypal account existed and it was never brought up in their meetings.

Club1872 and Rangers had a meeting or exchanged where certain commercial sensitive details were discussed,
Club1872 decided that they didn't believe Stewart Robertson and emailed Castore to confirm this. Rangers were understandably angry with this breach of confidentiality and responded with a sharp and to the point email to Club1872 and I'm told Club1872 and Laura in particular didn't like the tone of the email and said unless Stewart withdrew it Club1872 would not engage with the Club. Rangers responded by saying they refused to discuss anything with the Directors of Club1872 unless they signed an NDA, up until the middle of last week, they have refused Rangers offer tsign the NDA.
The fact that Directors have resigned and members not informed immediately and only find out when posted on Companies house shows, IMO, an arrogance that is beyond belief.
No AGM for 4 years and rules changed so that 3 DIrectors hold the ultimate power.
These are some of the facts I know, it is entirely up to the individual what you think of them

Last edited:
Anyone still paying in is a lunatic
Depending upon their membership status then stopping payments may well see them lose their entitlement to vote though mate. Those votes might be vital in achieving what Robert has set out to do.

Its one for folk to think carefully about before cancelling DD/SOs. @EndOfDays course of action might be something to consider.

I have reduced mine to the 5er minimum for now as I still want a vote as I still believe in fan ownership.
I’ve completely gave up and really think fan ownership with us would be a disaster, sadly as I’d like it also so we never see a repeat just so many egos just want what’s best for Rangers. Surely that’s something we can all agree on

Im far from approving of the washing of dirty linen in public, however seeing as they involved the police on you and tried/failed to blacken your name, I guess you've every right and I think you should take whatever approach you see fit.

The closed shop approach of C1872 is alarming, as is their going over and above an actual Rangers director to contact our kit manufacturer.

Depending upon their membership status then stopping payments may well see them lose their entitlement to vote though mate. Those votes might be vital in achieving what Robert has set out to do.

Its one for folk to think carefully about before cancelling DD/SOs. @EndOfDays course of action might be something to consider.
I just want what’s best for us mate as you know but there’s so many egos at play surely we all want a successful and well run Rangers

Unbelievable should be the word that springs to mind….Yet with this whole circus that C1872 has now become , nothing is unbelievable anymore….

Im far from approving of the washing of dirty linen in public, however seeing as they involved the police on you and tried/failed to blacken your name, I guess you've every right and I think you should take whatever approach you see fit.

The closed shop approach of C1872 is alarming, as is their going over and above an actual Rangers director to contact our kit manufacturer.
I never wanted to publish this, I just wanted them to resign and get a Board that would take1872 forward

I'm not too comfortable with the amount of its,buts and maybes in the OP.

You're on the right side in general RM but best to stick to things that we actually know for now.

This type of thing is why fan ownership will never work for Rangers. I don't mean your post. I mean the egos.

You're on the right side in general RM but best to stick to things that we actually know for now.

This type of thing is why fan ownership will never work for Rangers. I don't mean your post. I mean the egos.
The points that are vague are the ones I'm keeping on the right side of legal terms, been told they are true but couldn't get them confirmed

Shocking I’ve been with Club 1872 from the start and this really saddens me to say the least Laura and the rest of them have to be ousted. You have my full support and I’m sure many others will follow who do these people think they are we’ve been treated with utter contempt.

Robert you may want to edit the last sentence as it’s clear from above this that some of the points are allegations and not facts as you state.
I would be interested in the use of the PayPal account and what if anything you are insinuating with this, or if you know if information that cannot be divulged that makes this important, I get that it is completely wrong that a non director would be in charge of this, just wondering if there is any other “slant” or direction on this part of your information.

Last edited:
Why the %^*& does this keep happening within our fans groups?. Given what we’ve had to endure with prior shysters running the Club you’d think these “fans” would want the best for the Club
Because it is always the same 3 or 4 blazer chasers who force their way onto each board.

We clearly don't need another fan share initiative, we need the one we have cleaned up, and parasites moved on.

Truly depressing that despite the glory days returning on the field of play.

There is still as much division off it, especially amongst the fan groups (Club 1872)
They should never have done away with the RST in my opinion.

I just want what’s best for us mate as you know but there’s so many egos at play surely we all want a successful and well run Rangers

What's the alternative? As far as I can see there isn't one. We need 25%+1 of the club to ensure what happened under Murray, Whyte, Green and the Spivs can never happen again.

Park and the rest of the board aren't immortal. They'll pass on when our children are still young men. At that point the club will be in the hands of dozens of their children, many of whom will be spread all over the world with zero interest in the club and no motivation not to sell to any Tom, Dick or Harry. If fans don't have a meaningful voice in terms if ownership we always run the risk of further trouble.

The new information above is worrying no doubt. Even discounting that, there's already enough in the public domain that highlights the need for a new board in Club 1872.

Club 1872 doesn't need to own Rangers. The idea for most was to have a large enough shareholding to protect it from bad owners in the future.

Club 1872 board removed. Proper professional, transparent people in place with rules that make it exceptionally difficult for a group of 3 (4) to control it for their own amusement.

Sad that it’s had to come to this, but I’d like to thank you again for your efforts, @Robert Marshall
I never wanted it to come to this, I just wanted an open and Transparent Board for 1872
I'm now told they are going after myself and other people in a scattergun approach
They have lost the plot.
They are basically trying to intimidate us, it won't work

I’ve completely gave up and really think fan ownership with us would be a disaster, sadly as I’d like it also so we never see a repeat just so many egos just want what’s best for Rangers. Surely that’s something we can all agree on
I've said it before and will again.
Anyone involved should be there a max of up to 4 years.
And new people should come in, no jobs for life, no blazer chasing, after your turn you should be out for good. No immediate friends or family during the next term at least.

Robert you may want to edit the last sentence as it’s clear from above this that some of the points are allegations.
I would be interested in the use of the PayPal account and what if anything you are insinuating with this, or if you know if information that cannot be divulged that makes this important, I get that it is completely wrong that a non director would be in charge of this, just wondering if there is any other “slant” or direction on this part of your information.
I'm not insinuating anything about the conduct of Paypal, I'm just telling you that certain Directors never knew it existed

Why the %^*& does this keep happening within our fans groups?. Given what we’ve had to endure with prior shysters running the Club you’d think these “fans” would want the best for the Club
Unfortunately those that fail to get elected will spend time immemorial plotting against those that were elected.

AND those that were elected go on a power trip that makes them make strange decisions against the better good of the wider fanbase / membership.

Chris Graham was paid circa £300K by the Club when Dave King was Chairman as a consultant. His job was to basically control Club1872 and make it grow, which retrospectively, looks like it was to get enough money to buy Dave's shares.
Chris was acting like a shadow Director of Club1872, sat in on meetings and there were no declarations to the Members.
It is also believed he may have got a company car, although I haven't got that verified.

I’m purely playing devils advocate here but what’s the issue with this? If the club (King) decided to pay someone then that’s on them. I’m not saying I agree or disagree with it but I don’t get why this is being portrayed to be an issue?

Who do these directors think they are hahaha. Not liking the tone of an email from Rangers, because they were quite rightly raging for going over their head.

Embarrassment.

Any info you want to share Robert then just create another username and post under that? No way of proving its you legally

I never wanted it to come to this, I just wanted an open and Transparent Board for 1872
I'm now told they are going after myself and other people in a scattergun approach
They have lost the plot.
They are basically trying to intimidate us, it won't work
SNP tactics.

Keep the faith Robert and stay safe

I was dubious of Dave King's offer to Club 1872 to buy his shares right from the start.
I didn't think they would be able to raise the money anyway,they have no chance now!.

Who do these directors think they are hahaha. Not liking the tone of an email from Rangers, because they were quite rightly raging for going over their head.

Embarrassment.

Any info you want to share Robert then just create another username and post under that? No way of proving its you legally
I am a great believer in honesty and transparency when it comes to the Rangers support

As newcomer to this discussion I’d make the following points:

1. the more influence C1872 has (or wants to have) over Rangers decision making, the more professionally the organisation needs to be run.

2. That probably means that well intentioned people who have been an important part of the C1872 journey so far need to step aside in favour of people who are in a better position to manage C1872 going forward. It’s like Judy Murray handing over her kids’ tennis education to professional coaches to take them to the next level.

3. Those looking for regime change at C1872 should keep away from the sexier “smoking gun” type arguments. They will win the argument on the corporate governance issues alone - assuming that they are right.

4. The “smoking gun” stuff will only serve to entrench positions on either side and, provided that the C1872 camp can establish that there is some kind of battle, they can try to paint the other side in a bad light and use that as an excuse to do nothing.

5. it seems clear to me that the rangers support (was ever thus pre 2012) don’t have a single organisation that can reasonably claim to represent “the fans”.

6. it is probably therefore not a good idea for C1872 or any other fan group to be in control of Rangers (other than maybe having a large minority shareholding position that the Board of the club has to respect when it comes to major club decisions).

7. Personally, it seems to me that C1872 has outgrown its original purpose and needs to largely professionalise if it is to continue. That means spending a decent wedge on salaries, legal and accounting costs, administration etc. Supporters need to understand that, to an extent, their subs will be going to meet those costs.

8. If I’m mistaken on the above, apologies to whoever they are owed. I just want Whatever it takes to get us to 56 (short term) and the long term security of the club (long term).

I withdrew my payment ages ago. I’ll go back to being naive and ignoring all this drama. It seems like stress. And I don’t do stress.

Hopefully, it all settles down in a few months (chuckles).

I’m purely playing devils advocate here but what’s the issue with this? If the club (King) decided to pay someone then that’s on them. I’m not saying I agree or disagree with it but I don’t get why this is being portrayed to be an issue?
If the club paid him to act as a shadow director of an organisation whose purpose was to buy shares in the club then that’s a problem.

Rangers fans can’t run rangers fans groups . I’d rather neutral professional qualified people run it supported and funded by rangers fans . That’s the only way it’s gonna work

I today cancelled my club 1872 sub and will not be restarting till I have faith in the people behind it

edit - after reading this thread I’ll keep it at a fiver so I can vote but reduced from the 20 quid a month legacy they were getting

2nd edit - why does it seem the minimum donation is now 10 pound a month . Don’t see a option to make it a fiver

If the club paid him to act as s shadow director of an organisation whose purpose was to buy shares in the club then that’s a problem.

That’s one for Dave King to be held accountable for then surely?

I don’t see how the blame can be put at Club1872’s door for that one.

This is the information a lot of posters have asked for, make up your own mind
First of all, let me make this quite clear, this not a threat to any individual or group of people, directly or implied.
This is all about getting a Board of Directors removed in a legal sense and a new Board appointed for Club 1872
to let the CIC expand and grow.
This is not something I wanted to make public but I feel my integrity has been called into question.
I have learned things over the last few weeks that have both appalled and saddened me in equal measures.
As a Rangers fan all my life, along with everyone else I have always wanted the best for our Club and our supporters.
But things I have heard have destroyed by rose-tinted view of some of my fellow fans and I cannot and will not sit silently by while these people put personal interest above the needs of Members of Club1872 and indeed the lack of support shown to our overall fanbase in the face of mounting criticism from outside sources in the kast few months.
I have been interviewed by Police Scotland on a scurrilous complaint of a criminal accusation by posts on FF.
I find this distressing to my family and I will not accept this. Needless to say, there were no criminal charges brought against me. I'm sure they will have another go at me. I will not be deterred from doing the right thing.
Amongst some facts that have come to light are the following.

Chris Graham was paid circa £300K by the Club when Dave King was Chairman as a consultant. His job was to basically control Club1872 and make it grow, which retrospectively, looks like it was to get enough money to buy Dave's shares.

One of the most damaging revelations, IMO , is that Club1872 has a Paypal account that, allegedly and I Say allegedly
that Chris, even though he is not officially contacted to Club 1872 is in control of this.
I have it confirmed that some Directors never even knew this Paypal account existed and it was never brought up in their meetings.

Club1872 and Rangers had a meeting or exchanged where certain commercial sensitive details were discussed,
Club1872 decided that they didn't believe Stewart Robertson and emailed Castore to confirm this. Rangers were understandably angry with this breach of confidentiality and responded with a sharp and to the point email to Club1872 and I'm told Club1872 and Laura in particular didn't like the tone of the email and said unless Stewart withdrew it Club1872 would not engage with the Club. Rangers responded by saying they refused to discuss anything with the Directors of Club1872 unless they signed an NDA, up until the middle of last week, they have refused Rangers offer tsign the NDA.
The fact that Directors have resigned and members not informed immediately and only find out when posted on Companies house shows, IMO, an arrogance that is beyond belief.
No AGM for 4 years and rules changed so that 3 DIrectors hold the ultimate power.
These are some of the facts I know, it is entirely up to the individual what you think of them
There's a lot of allegations made here with no proof provided. It'd probably be a favour to Robert if admin chopped this thread.

I guess the argument would be that he was manipulating C1872 into investing the supporters money into buying his personal shares rather than investing in the club. I understand him wanting to cash out on his investment, but that’s getting a little bit shady.

The issue is that he was paid to be "a shadow Director of Club1872, sat in on meetings and there were no declarations to the Members". Obviously some in C1872 knew of the situation.

There is, though, likely to be a degree of jealousy that the role was so well paid. Indeed, the remuneration seems excessive (without knowing the specifics of the role).

Back