Some good news at last. Sutton still banned from Ibrox.

Poor from a PR perspective, whatever we think of him.
PR is useful if it is used to get others to see your point of view.I am sorry to say that that approach has failed to work with bigots like Sutton, Hartson , Lennon et al.
When that happens the course of action the club has taken is the only one he only honest one available.As an example why don’t you google Sutton and Morelos. That’s just one topic. Read through a few pages to see the shit he spouts, such as demanding that the SFA issue a retrospective red cad to Alfie. He is neither fair honest or impartial.As a man he is reprehensible, berating Rangers for their largely fictitious levels of debt whilst himself being a former bankrupt.Not forgetting his conviction whilst at Chelsea for spitting in a woman’s face in a night club queue and of course accusing Dunfermline players of cheating to ensure that Rangers won a title.
Leopards don’t change their spots despite getting highly lucrative contracts to give their opinion by TV companies
He reaps what he has sown

Chris Sutton banned from Ibrox

And I’m sure he’ll be on twatter later to accept the decision and the reasons for it with the grace, understanding and decorum befitting a well balanced and well adjusted ex Celtic player

Club is a joke at times.
Ban him but allow Politicians to slag us off. Newspapers to print blatant lies.
Say and do nothing when Nil by Mouth claim our song Four lads had a dream was sectarian.
It's an own goal from the club in my view

Sutton can be an a hole no doubt about that,that's his gig,he likes to be controversial as it keeps him in employment.He has a go at the mhanks occasionally as well.Personally I wouldn't ban him,I don't see where the benefit to us is by doing that.
Just looks petty tbh. Like if they banned Coisty or Krissy Boyd from CP. Not a good look. We should be bigger than that. :rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

I know that but do you not think BT would prefer to be at Ibrox? Instead we p*ss off a broadcaster to the point that they make a decision that its not worth the hassle.

It's petty, all because Rangers can't deal with Chris f*cking Sutton. Guys an irrelevance yet instead of ignoring it, we make it a bigger issue than it needs to be.

The club should be bigger than this nonsense.
Why is it nonsense.

BT Sport again showing they are definitely pro Shellick

Sutton has used his position to noise up every Rangers manager since he got the BT role and at last the club have told BT the prick is no longer welcome due to his prolonged abuse

Glad I dumped BT Sport and told them Sutton was the reason I was leaving
Don,t bt sponsor a stand at the big jock knew camp tells you all you need to know about bt.

Have we actually banned him? I thought we said the last time that we wouldn't let him in as we couldn't guarantee his safety. If that's the case then he's brought it on himself. He should stop acting like an ar****le and start giving fair and balanced opinions. Doubt he'll ever do that though.

The safety thing is used as a legitimate excuse but probably not the real reason. The real reason is simply that we don't want the terrorist loving piece of shite in our stadium.

He constantly attempts to damage our brand and it is a benefit to our club to not have such people in our stadium. We need to take a stance. Yes he will abuse us from outside just the same but at the very least his employers and himself get a message from us that we will not accept it.
It damages our brand to say to a major broadcaster that our fans are so badly behaved their staff safety can’t be guaranteed. Makes that twat Sutton into a big news story. Makes him almost unsackable at BT.

Totally inept by David Graham.

It's hard to believe the number of Yahoos backing Sutton in the comments - considering his cowardly decision to get himself deliberately sent off playing for their club against Rangers. They are not normal.
It’s a support that have defended and tried to cover up and justify child abuse by their teams employees

I’d expect nothing else but scumbag behaviour defending another scumbag former employee

Poor from a PR perspective, whatever we think of him.
Exactly this, all for standing our ground and making our points to these people when they run us down but that’s now BBC, all tabloids, BT sport ( just not coming to Ibrox for now) and we are in dispute with the sponsorship deal of the league ( agree with parts of this) but add it all up, our amazing club, stadium and supporters get LESS chance to speak out and fight back. Only Sky left that still covers it all from the ground now. As unpopular as this will be, we need to keep some people on side for coverage and revenue!

It's hard to believe the number of Yahoos backing Sutton in the comments - considering his cowardly decision to get himself deliberately sent off playing for their club against Rangers. They are not normal.
Scumbacking scum nothing more .considering they claim we Don,t exist why are they so bothered.

Seriously why would any yahoo care about being banned from Ibrox when their own mob are playing earlier in the evening?

Why didn't BT just ship him off to Germany to be a co-commentator there?

Sutton and BT seem to be deliberately trying to manufacture some sort of stupid controversy just to have a go at Rangers.

CHRIS SUTTON has been red-carded AGAIN from appearing at Ibrox for broadcaster BT Sport.

The Celtic icon was due to appear at the home of Rangers as part of Thursday’s Europa League action as the Scottish champions take on Sparta Prague.

But he’ll now take his seat at an EMPTY Celtic Park in the latest twist in an ongoing spat over the former Hoops star who is famed for his outspoken views on the game.

Rangers host Sparta in a 8pm kick-off but the TV crew will be based at Parkhead despite the Hoops playing away to Bayer Leverkusen in an earlier fixture.

The broadcaster would normally be in attendance at the live home game but BT bosses made a last-minute switch when Gers blackballed Sutton.

Last night a source said: “It’s going to look pretty strange when they’re analysing the game from an empty stadium.

“But Chris Sutton is a valued member of the BT Sport team so when Gers told them he wasn’t welcome they didn’t hesitate to change their plans.

“There was no way they would leave Chris.”

In September Gers chiefs informed BT of a decision to refuse entry to pundits Sutton and former Celtic boss Neil Lennon due to security concerns.

Last night a BT Sport spokeswoman said: “This Thursday BT Sport will present the live UEFA Europa League Celtic and Rangers matches back to back on BT Sport 3HD from an empty Celtic Park.

“We would have preferred to have kept our presentation team together at Ibrox but unfortunately this has not been made possible.”

Rangers have been contacted for comment.
Thank %^*&. Knob jockey.

I know that but do you not think BT would prefer to be at Ibrox? Instead we p*ss off a broadcaster to the point that they make a decision that its not worth the hassle.

It's petty, all because Rangers can't deal with Chris f*cking Sutton. Guys an irrelevance yet instead of ignoring it, we make it a bigger issue than it needs to be.

The club should be bigger than this nonsense.
100% agree.

Exactly this, all for standing our ground and making our points to these people when they run us down but that’s now BBC, all tabloids, BT sport ( just not coming to Ibrox for now) and we are in dispute with the sponsorship deal of the league ( agree with parts of this) but add it all up, our amazing club, stadium and supporters get LESS chance to speak out and fight back. Only Sky left that still covers it all from the ground now. As unpopular as this will be, we need to keep some people on side for coverage and revenue!

This has no impact on coverage or revenue. Do you think broadcasters will stop showing Rangers games? Do you think broadcasters have the power to tell League Associations not to pay broadcast fees to particular clubs?

Sunset and Vine have been doing Tim TV since last season.

For whatever reason they have swapped Sutton and Hartson around this season.

All BT had to do was put Sutton back on commentary but they want to pick a fight with us it seems

Back