Some good news at last. Sutton still banned from Ibrox.

Sutton can be an a hole no doubt about that,that's his gig,he likes to be controversial as it keeps him in employment.He has a go at the mhanks occasionally as well.Personally I wouldn't ban him,I don't see where the benefit to us is by doing that.
The benefit is that we don't have to suffer the prick in our magnificent stadium.

It's his fault he is banned, not ours. Maybe someone should point that out to him or the knobends that write these articles.

I really don’t think this action helps the club or it’s PR. If an individual or an organisation (Sutton, Lennon or the BBC) slanders our name in public , then our PR team should be all over it and fighting our corner in the press bad media. We don’t appear to do so , look at that twat Dornan , he is an MsP for Christ sake who has for the 10th time in a year slandered the name of our club, yet no one from rangers is taking him to task for evidence?
The club need to fight our corner in the media as I don’t think we are approaching this the right way at all.

Doing the right thing here. There is nothing more this cnut wants than to state on live TV that he was attacked/ abused while doing his job.
Exactly!!, that is why Rangers won't allow him anywhere near Ibrox, you can't legislate for someone saying somthing or throwing something at him and then he would have a feild day.
Strachan, Petrov,and even that prick Hartson have no problems at Ibrox, but Mutton has said so much bile about us, I don’t want him anywhere near our stadium.

Sutton can be an a hole no doubt about that,that's his gig,he likes to be controversial as it keeps him in employment.He has a go at the mhanks occasionally as well.Personally I wouldn't ban him,I don't see where the benefit to us is by doing that.
He constantly attempts to damage our brand and it is a benefit to our club to not have such people in our stadium. We need to take a stance. Yes he will abuse us from outside just the same but at the very least his employers and himself get a message from us that we will not accept it.

Have we actually banned him? I thought we said the last time that we wouldn't let him in as we couldn't guarantee his safety. If that's the case then he's brought it on himself. He should stop acting like an ar****le and start giving fair and balanced opinions. Doubt he'll ever do that though.

All Sutton does is talk down Scottish football, his idiotic vitriol directed at Rangers seems to be what keeps him in a job as it panders to the bigot demographic. It should the spfl, and sfa telling broadcasters not to use him. 'Pundits' like Sutton are damaging the reputation of our game to a wider audience outside of Scotland. No wonder our game is viewed as a joke, everything that the likes of Sutton or Stewart is always negative, or has claims of bias and referee calamity.. No wonder sponsors offer peanuts, when our pundits and commentators are jokes themselves.

I know that but do you not think BT would prefer to be at Ibrox? Instead we p*ss off a broadcaster to the point that they make a decision that its not worth the hassle.

It's petty, all because Rangers can't deal with Chris f*cking Sutton. Guys an irrelevance yet instead of ignoring it, we make it a bigger issue than it needs to be.

The club should be bigger than this nonsense.
Reads like a post from the huddle.

Constant sneer on his face, thinks he's a ticket, glad he's banned should never step foot inside Ibrox ever again the scumbag.

I don't get the security concerns tbh...They would turn up at the front door to be whisked into the main stand and apart from a few jeers there is no way Sutton or Lennon would be in any kind of danger.

CHRIS SUTTON has been red-carded AGAIN from appearing at Ibrox for broadcaster BT Sport.

The Celtic icon was due to appear at the home of Rangers as part of Thursday’s Europa League action as the Scottish champions take on Sparta Prague.

But he’ll now take his seat at an EMPTY Celtic Park in the latest twist in an ongoing spat over the former Hoops star who is famed for his outspoken views on the game.

Rangers host Sparta in a 8pm kick-off but the TV crew will be based at Parkhead despite the Hoops playing away to Bayer Leverkusen in an earlier fixture.

The broadcaster would normally be in attendance at the live home game but BT bosses made a last-minute switch when Gers blackballed Sutton.

Last night a source said: “It’s going to look pretty strange when they’re analysing the game from an empty stadium.

“But Chris Sutton is a valued member of the BT Sport team so when Gers told them he wasn’t welcome they didn’t hesitate to change their plans.

“There was no way they would leave Chris.”

In September Gers chiefs informed BT of a decision to refuse entry to pundits Sutton and former Celtic boss Neil Lennon due to security concerns.

Last night a BT Sport spokeswoman said: “This Thursday BT Sport will present the live UEFA Europa League Celtic and Rangers matches back to back on BT Sport 3HD from an empty Celtic Park.

“We would have preferred to have kept our presentation team together at Ibrox but unfortunately this has not been made possible.”

Rangers have been contacted for comment.
outspoken views on the game.?? bigoted comments against Rangers more like.

Rather than cover Rangers they’ve chosen to cover Chris Sutton instead.

Let’s just make it easier and ban BT Sport in their entirety. Their coverage is shite anyway.

Sutton is a pathetic attention seeking shock Jock and the fact that BT are fully behind him simply shows how they view Scottish football. Can you imagine him trying to take the pss out of Premiership players or managers? If he did he'd be punted out on his backside. But it's Scotland he's targeting so it's just a laugh and it's OK.

The mentality of some on here is frightening.

No one would mind if Sutton was professional in what he does. He has constantly put the boot into Rangers, mocked and derided us at every opportunity. The attack on Caixinha after a match one time was disgraceful and we all remember the radio hijack of DJ.

He’s not the panto villain that he’s made out to be, he has shown contempt, hostility and hate towards us like no one ever has. I believe that this has encouraged the likes of Andy Wanker et al to become more emboldened in their hateful/spiteful comments.

Imagine we had an ex-player that behaved like him towards celtc, they would need armed guards.
He has been so bitter and hated us ever since that title we won by one goal on goal difference on the last day of the season when we beat Dunfermline 6-1 and they won at Killmarnock. He accused Dunfermline of cheating them out of the title by lying down to us while at the same time deriding the Killie 'keeper for not allowing more goals in as he was an ex celtic player. Hypocrite that he is!

W.A.T.P.

"But Chris Sutton is a valued member of the BT Sport team so when Gers told them he wasn’t welcome they didn’t hesitate to change their plans."

Sums up the shitshow that is BT sadly. :(

For his treatment of Caixinha that night he deserves his ban. That was pathetic. Notice he never manoeuvred to try it with Gerrard and there is no chance he would try it with our new manager.

It’s simple.

Rather than cover Rangers they’ve chosen to cover Chris Sutton instead.

Let’s just make it easier and ban BT Sport in their entirety. Their coverage is shite anyway.
They are partners with the scum, sponsor one of their stands and hire their ex players. I'm surprised anyone is surprised by their actions.

Sutton is a hypocrite in Covid halted season 19/20 he was in the Scottish press telling anyone who was interested that the season should be halted and the scum declared Champions whereas in the media down south saying that Liverpool's title should be played to a finish!
This is a man who likes to urinate on on our footwear and tell us it is precipitating down....keyboard warrior and safe behind security staff absolute joke of a pundit.

Correct decision. This cretin has tried to build a career by being anti Rangers. As a Club we can accept balanced criticism but neither Sutton nor Stewart are proper journalists and the more often they are banned the less attractive they will be to Broadcasters

The first thing that I think of when I hear his name is Norwich,

why (yes I know it is attention seeking) the fukk does he try to suck on to that lot like a leach?

Let him in, treat him with respect and dignity as is the Rangers way. Then when he slips up, as he will, put the evidence in front of the world that he threw our hospitality back in our faces. We need to be way above giving this wazzock extra greeting space.

CHRIS SUTTON has been red-carded AGAIN from appearing at Ibrox for broadcaster BT Sport.

The Celtic icon was due to appear at the home of Rangers as part of Thursday’s Europa League action as the Scottish champions take on Sparta Prague.

But he’ll now take his seat at an EMPTY Celtic Park in the latest twist in an ongoing spat over the former Hoops star who is famed for his outspoken views on the game.

Rangers host Sparta in a 8pm kick-off but the TV crew will be based at Parkhead despite the Hoops playing away to Bayer Leverkusen in an earlier fixture.

The broadcaster would normally be in attendance at the live home game but BT bosses made a last-minute switch when Gers blackballed Sutton.

Last night a source said: “It’s going to look pretty strange when they’re analysing the game from an empty stadium.

“But Chris Sutton is a valued member of the BT Sport team so when Gers told them he wasn’t welcome they didn’t hesitate to change their plans.

In September Gers chiefs informed BT of a decision to refuse entry to pundits Sutton and former Celtic boss Neil Lennon due to security concerns.

Last night a BT Sport spokeswoman said: “This Thursday BT Sport will present the live UEFA Europa League Celtic and Rangers matches back to back on BT Sport 3HD from an empty Celtic Park.

“We would have preferred to have kept our presentation team together at Ibrox but unfortunately this has not been made possible.”

Rangers have been contacted for comment.
I disagree here. We look petty, Sutton might be a dick but what has he actually done to be banned. I think it’s a stupid move and gives fuel to the BBC fire. Just my opinion.

That right Murphio?
In my opinion, yes. Will it get him to stop chatting shit about us? No. Will it give him and others more ammo to chat shit about us? Yes. I don’t see what is gained by this. It makes a story when there shouldn’t be one there and all the focus should be on Gio and a new era at Ibrox.

In my opinion, yes. Will it get him to stop chatting shit about us? No. Will it give him and others more ammo to chat shit about us? Yes. I don’t see what is gained by this. It makes a story when there shouldn’t be one there and all the focus should be on Gio and a new era at Ibrox.
What do you know about PR?

I disagree here. We look petty, Sutton might be a dick but what has he actually done to be banned. I think it’s a stupid move and gives fuel to the BBC fire. Just my opinion.
Our media man isn’t doing well. We are making a royal arse of things. This just looks stupid and petty. But media has been our Achilles heel for as long as I can remember.

Back