Some lovely goals to pass a few minutes

I remember the first time I seen one of Juninho Pernambucano's free kicks and being blown away by it. I'm surprised that none of them made the compilation unless he's got his own top 20.

Absolutely stunning! and even better as most were new to me. I remember the 1970 world cup was when we first seen players putting curve on the ball and as kids who'd been used to toe punting the ball up till then suddenly we were out on the street trying to mimic Gerson, Tostao, Rivelino and the rest, usually with comical or disasterous results.

Davie Cooper scored a few beautiful banana shot goals back in the early to mid 80s for us, but there wasn't always cameras at the games to record them if anyone under 40 can believe that, its 100% true.

I seem to remember an absolute belter at Ibrox in the second half shooting into the Copland where I was sitting dead centre against somebody like maybe Motherwell that was as good as or better than most on that compilation.

He was one on one with the keeper and curled a beauty right round him from just inside the penalty box and the ball ended up roughly in the centre of the net if my memory serves me right?

Anyone else remember anything more than me?

Davie Cooper scored a few beautiful banana shot goals back in the early to mid 80s for us, but there wasn't always cameras at the games to record them if anyone under 40 can believe that, its 100% true.

I seem to remember an absolute belter at Ibrox in the second half shooting into the Copland where I was sitting dead centre against somebody like maybe Motherwell that was as good as or better than most on that compilation.

He was one on one with the keeper and curled a beauty right round him from just inside the penalty box and the ball ended up roughly in the centre of the net if my memory serves me right?

Anyone else remember anything more than me?
The one in League Cup v Aberdeen I reckon was best of all- albeit it didn’t bend much!!!

s-l500.jpg

down the school pitch on a windy day

Absolutely stunning! and even better as most were new to me. I remember the 1970 world cup was when we first seen players putting curve on the ball and as kids who'd been used to toe punting the ball up till then suddenly we were out on the street trying to mimic Gerson, Tostao, Rivelino and the rest, usually with comical or disasterous results.

Those shoot 1.50 balls from the corner shop would curve in about 12 different directions if you hit them hard enough. As opposed to a Mitre Mouldmaster which would go dead straight and cause you life-changing injuries if it hit you.

Those shoot 1.50 balls from the corner shop would curve in about 12 different directions if you hit them hard enough. As opposed to a Mitre Mouldmaster which would go dead straight and cause you life-changing injuries if it hit you.
The 1.50 balls lol toe bash it straight at keeper and it would deviate and look spectacular.

Mouldmasters. Ouch. And it left patterns on you :D I could get it to swerve a bit. Scored directly from a corner with one.

Quaresma. Honestly, think that boy used the outside of his boot more than the instep througout his career.

Some great strikes in there.

Honourable mention for Papiss Cisse, just for the ridiculous factor:

The 1.50 balls lol toe bash it straight at keeper and it would deviate and look spectacular.

Mouldmasters. Ouch. And it left patterns on you :D I could get it to swerve a bit. Scored directly from a corner with one.
a mitre mouldmaster clipped the edge of my ear on a winters day, i thought it had missed, it hadnt...

Back