Some of our fans are utterly addicted to drama.

At the same time we're only one free kick, corner or deflection from going 2 up. That's football, if it was predictable every week people would lose interest.
Remind me of how many dodgy penalties or free kicks we've been awarded over the past couple of seasons.

Of course, but it was another example of us being utterly wasteful. The last defends leaves Morelos to cover the goal line, if Aribo slip the pass to Morelos he takes out the keeper and leaves him with a tap in. We need to start making these count, we’ve all seen where it leads.

I don't disagree. However you can't say we created one chance when we scored a goal from a chance and I gave another example of a clear cut chance.

I hardly even seen any of the game to be fair as working and my stream wasn't consistent, so I will not say whether we played well or not, but I just wanted to highlight that we actually did create more than one chance.

We never played well but won because Aberdeen are awful.
Defence looked solid enough apart from Tav wandering and Kennedy getting past him.

However a normal crowd there I think the nerves could have got to us as per usual.

This team needs still 3/4 new first team additions.

I’m currently engaging with someone on Twitter that claims he would take £10 million for Morelos based on today because
  1. He’s a little prick
  2. He is unprofessional
  3. He is overweight
  4. He is off the pace
  5. He is uninterested
This despite the fact Morelos set up the match winning goal and traits I very much doubt Gerrard would stand for if true.

This myth of Morelos being uninterested seems to be the buzz phrase of the Rangers zoomer at the moment.
1,such a wee prick he donated and helped out immensely back home during a pandemic then came back and got his head down, trained and showed people like gerrard he wanted to play
2,hes so unprofessional with all the abuse he gets on and off the field and all the interest this window he still pulled on the jersey to help the team
3, i wish i was as overweight as he is
4, he so off the pace he had half the aberdeen team blowing out their arses trying to keep up with him
5, hes so uninterested he sets up a goal and was eager to score himself

tell that to the wee wank on twitter

A 1-0 lead/win against a side who have regularly equalised late against us is going to bring jitters for a few fans. I don’t know why that is so surprising, and it isn’t useful to then make them feel bad about it.

Personally, I wasn’t very much concerned today but I understand why some were - given where we’ve been the past 10 years or so.

Pointing out weaknesses and concerns that have gone on through out the Gerrard era is not drama.

You're not allowed an opinion on here or you are shot down as being a hater or drama queen.

Opening day win at Pittodrie whilst there are still some areas of concern. End of the day, it's three points, happy and we move on.

Before the game today, the match thread had plenty of posts along the lines of

'just win' and '3 points is all that matters'. Log on after the game and the forum is full of knicker wetters spreading their usual guff.

As comfortable a 1-0 win as you're likely to see. We were a bit wasteful in the final 3rd but to be expected with early season rustiness.

I don't disagree. However you can't say we created one chance when we scored a goal from a chance and I gave another example of a clear cut chance.

I hardly even seen any of the game to be fair as working and my stream wasn't consistent, so I will not say whether we played well or not, but I just wanted to highlight that we actually did create more than one chance.

Well he’s wrong about us creating one chance, that’s a fact of course so I agree there. I’ve been getting grief for saying we’re still FAR too wasteful and it’ll eventually cost us as it has done numerous times over the last 2 years. This was just one example of that for me, we should have killed the game, we didn’t and thus aberdeen were in with a chance right till the final whistle.

But rather than look at what history tells us about these types of performances, rather than look at the fact we have much the same personnel that have come undone like this for 2 seasons, some would rather pretend it was a nice cushty win and with a slender 1 goal lead, there was no danger. Basically those fans are taking this approach

tenor.gif

Because seemingly any sort of discourse on the deficiencies or negatives is too much for them to handle and we should live on the basis that “you’re only as good as your last result”.

Fans can hardly be blamed for having scarring given what this team have done in the past

Anyone who doesn’t think we need to develop a ruthless streak to kill these teams off early is living in cuckoo land, it will come back to haunt us at some point

Will happily take the 3 points from a tough place to go though

I’m currently engaging with someone on Twitter that claims he would take £10 million for Morelos based on today because
  1. He’s a little prick
  2. He is unprofessional
  3. He is overweight
  4. He is off the pace
  5. He is uninterested
This despite the fact Morelos set up the match winning goal and traits I very much doubt Gerrard would stand for if true.

This myth of Morelos being uninterested seems to be the buzz phrase of the Rangers zoomer at the moment.
That’s pretty much the thoughts of a good few on FF.It ‘s not worth the hassle debating these people.

Tags, we created one chance.

Every team is going to set up like that this season.

That is a big concern.
When Morelos shot on target and it was deflected wide. Not a chance?
When Aribo shot and Taylor blocked it. Not a chance ?
Kamara has clear shot, balloons it over the bar. Not a chance ?

Fans can hardly be blamed for having scarring given what this team have done in the past

Anyone who doesn’t think we need to develop a ruthless streak to kill these teams off early is living in cuckoo land, it will come back to haunt us at some point

Will happily take the 3 points from a tough place to go though

good post, the mistakes of the past 2 seasons must be cut out

we have been missing a ruthless streak

Tags, we created one chance.

Every team is going to set up like that this season.

That is a big concern.
Like the chance aribo had cleared off the line? Like the chance hagi had deflected wide? Like the chance Alfie had that Taylor deflected wide? 3 from a quick think at least.

I've said a few times on here over the years that some people are too emotionally involved and just need to check the result afterwards. I get that it means a lot to people (as it does to me) but my emotions don't swing as wildly between everything is amazing to the end of the world is nigh as it does for some of the people I see around me in pubs or in the stadium. I've always said that the same people that celebrate us winning the longest are the first ones throwing in the towel when it looks like things are going against us.

Well he’s wrong about us creating one chance, that’s a fact of course so I agree there. I’ve been getting grief for saying we’re still FAR too wasteful and it’ll eventually cost us as it has done numerous times over the last 2 years. This was just one example of that for me, we should have killed the game, we didn’t and thus aberdeen were in with a chance right till the final whistle.

But rather than look at what history tells us about these types of performances, rather than look at the fact we have much the same personnel that have come undone like this for 2 seasons, some would rather pretend it was a nice cushty win and with a slender 1 goal lead, there was no danger. Basically those fans are taking this approach

tenor.gif

Because seemingly any sort of discourse on the deficiencies or negatives is too much for them to handle and we should live on the basis that “you’re only as good as your last result”.
Correct. I'm just waiting for "last season we would have drawn that game" We have all seen today's scenario playing out with a different ending all too often in recent years. Off course when folk see it running again they get nervous. I'd hoped to have seen some change in the scenario. I didn't. Maybe it was there and it escaped me.
I saw far too many of the same problems rearing their head again, that was the only worry to me. Folk are absolutely bursting for us to do well, so they're going to point out any flaws they see. It's not a matter of not being happy with the result.
The main thing is the 3 points and we got them.

Last edited:
Today was a routine win, one chance Aberdeen had in 90 minutes, yet still the criticism and ‘worries’ pour in.

That was as as easy a victory at Pittodrie as you’re likely to see, no fuss and professional, give me more functional wins please.
Moaning for the sake of it shows they know fitba better than anybody else. Including actual manages and couches.

Lol at the responses here, clearly a win at probably the most difficult venue out with the piggery just isn’t enough.

It’s probably better our fans are kept out for a while if we’re this jumpy when we win.

People are allowed to have an opinion that’s different to yours, mate. It doesn’t make them wrong or less knowledgeable than you because it’s not the same view you have.

For what it’s worth both Gerrard and Kent have came out after the game and said we should have killed the game going by previous performances there. I think that’s the point people are making and what you want to describe as drama

There's middle ground though, isn't there? Between being a drama queen and being completely fine with what we watched.

I am delighted to get the win and 3 points in a difficult opening fixture. There were also some positive individual performances and overall, I thought the first half was a decent enough team performance. We also scored a lovely goal.

But I also have concerns about other aspects of the game and the way we played - central midfield is a long-standing concern for me as is the depth of the squad, which is clearly reflected in the quality of our bench. I don't think it's overly negative or dramatic to voice these concerns. Especially as these issues have been pretty constant in the previous two seasons.

I think it’s entirely justifiable to be slightly concerned on what we watched today.

First of all.....Would have absolutely taken a 1-0 victory at the start of the game, without a doubt. One of our more difficult games is now out the way with 3 points in the bag & another positive has been the introduction of Balogun.

However we don’t half make it hard for ourselves at times. This is now the third season where we seem to be out of ideas when it comes to breaking down teams who sit deep. We go a goal up and then change our play noticeably and want to then solely rely on the counter attack to finish a game off.

Time & time again over the last 3 years it’s came back and bit us on the arse and on another day that could have happened again today. I hate saying it but Celtic when going a goal up kill a game off straight away. There is no sitting back or a change in style from them. They are relentless in going for another goal and that’s what we need to be like and we really need to be more ruthless if we want to get to where we want to be.

We are levels & levels above Aberdeen but we just don’t do enough to show it. Going into a 3rd year of this now is so frustrating & needs to change. Hopefully a few new additions changes our game plan going forward.
We’ve struggled with this since Warburton was in the dug out.

Terrible patter, nothing to do with ‘happy clappers’, up your game, there was absolutely no danger today but folk are desperate to create it, if today was carried out by a Walter Smith team no one would bat an eyelid.

Cards on the table, you’re a happy clapper. If you walked in on a Rangers employee shitting on your living room floor you’d find a positive spin on it

It might not have been pretty but 3 points and an easy win. How raging would you be if you supported the sheep, 1st game of the season and your tactics is to camp in your own half at home to your made up rivals.

Bears wanting to win 2-0 or 3 nil after dropping points in tight games previously. It's like Eastenders and river city rolled into one right enough.

There's middle ground though, isn't there? Between being a drama queen and being completely fine with what we watched.

I am delighted to get the win and 3 points in a difficult opening fixture. There were also some positive individual performances and overall, I thought the first half was a decent enough team performance. We also scored a lovely goal.

But I also have concerns about other aspects of the game and the way we played - central midfield is a long-standing concern for me as is the depth of the squad, which is clearly reflected in the quality of our bench. I don't think it's overly negative or dramatic to voice these concerns. Especially as these issues have been pretty constant in the previous two seasons.

I agree. We always want the team to play better and it's fair to point out areas where we think there is weakness. But winning 1-0 away to Aberdeen isn't a disaster.

Aribo scores then this thread does not even get off the ground. Incidentally it was a fine block by Taylor.

3 pts on the opening day at Pittodrie? Happy with that all day long.

Today was a routine win, one chance Aberdeen had in 90 minutes, yet still the criticism and ‘worries’ pour in.

That was as as easy a victory at Pittodrie as you’re likely to see, no fuss and professional, give me more functional wins please.
TBF, our players are as refreshed now as they are ever likely to be in their careers ever again! And to turn in a second half performance like that is extremely disappointing

St Mirren at home next week, we should do them. Goal difference will be critical this season.

Performance wasn't the best today it actually reminded me of when the EPL teams came back after the break I don't think the Rangers players are match sharp yet need to give it a few games

Find it funny and slightly ironic that the OP feels he can criticise fellow FF posters but they aren't allowed to criticise the team

What i would say is i wouldnt get overly upset about today. 1st league game and that. But i will add we dont have enough to sustain 60 games. Not a chance. Id say 3 more needed if we have any chance.

The positives - first game of the season at Pittodrie and we take all three points.

The negatives - it did feel very similar to games we watched last season.

We’ll hopefully get better as our fitness improves and we get back into the habit of playing competitive games regularly and if we add new players of improved quality then we’d hope to see that improvement accelerate, but we are surely allowed to be slightly anxious at the same lack of a ruthless streak and creative spark?

You just havevto look at some of the threads on here,it’s negativity and criticism galore.

The positives - first game of the season at Pittodrie and we take all three points.

The negatives - it did feel very similar to games we watched last season.

We’ll hopefully get better as our fitness improves and we get back into the habit of playing competitive games regularly and if we add new players of improved quality then we’d hope to see that improvement accelerate, but we are surely allowed to be slightly anxious at the same lack of a ruthless streak and creative spark?
There were two brilliant defensive blocks by Aberdeen’s Campbell and Considine to prevent certain goals, I think 1-0 flattered them.

A notoriously difficult fixture in which we've dropped points the last two seasons and yet some are still concerned with a victory?

Difficult to grasp.

Cards on the table, you’re a happy clapper. If you walked in on a Rangers employee shitting on your living room floor you’d find a positive spin on it

Cards on the table, I have no idea who or what you are but glad to see you’re a fan of my work, also glad to see Urqhy liking your post like a wee sneaky bawbag:))

Back