Some of our fans are utterly addicted to drama.

There were two brilliant defensive blocks by Aberdeen’s Campbell and Considine to prevent certain goals, I think 1-0 flattered them.

We deserved to win, no doubt about it, but they could have sneaked an equaliser during that goalmouth scramble and then it would have been pandemonium on here.

The point here is that had we added a second as our play merited this conversation would be academic, but we didn’t, and that’s been a big part of our problems since Gerrard took over - we lack quality and we lack a ruthlessness.

Hopefully that’s something we can add in the next few weeks as without it I think we’re probably look at more of the same.

Good deserved win. Could we have played better? Yes, but it’s the first game of the season at a different ground

We will bring in players and improve -of that I’m sure

Agree with the OP. We totally controlled that game. A straightforward win at Pittodrie, a fine goal, some decent signs of progress in mixing up our play, an excellent debut and 3 points in the bag. I’ll take that every time thanks very much.

Even in our glory days there were games where we would grind out a result. Of course we would like to see a 3-0 or better in all our games but real life isn't like that. We beat Aberdeen away 1-0. I'll take that for now.
I think it’s legitimate, though, to point out why we seem to prefer this scenario to the 3-0 one. We’re all desperate to do well, so frustration levels are high that we didn’t make it easier for ourselves.

Today was a routine win, one chance Aberdeen had in 90 minutes, yet still the criticism and ‘worries’ pour in.

That was as as easy a victory at Pittodrie as you’re likely to see, no fuss and professional, give me more functional wins please.
Rarely we will play a game against them and they won’t have one half chance at least

Cards on the table, I have no idea who or what you are but glad to see you’re a fan of my work, also glad to see Urqhy liking your post like a wee sneaky bawbag:))

I don’t have to keep telling you, you would put a positive spin on dying mate:))
Plus it was a funny comment and based on an element of truth:D

Back