Some of the post about our manager are ludicrous

Facts are facts. This season has been a disaster.

Nonsense.

Given the nick of the squad last season, if someone had said second in the league and one game away from the Europa knockouts, I’m sure everyone would have said that was decent.

I don't think anyone is accepting mediocrity. But, I can accept facts. Our enemies tried to kill us and left us in the bottom tier of Scottish football with players pulling on a Rangers jersey who wouldn't get a game for the likes of Falkirk, we are back at the table with the best squad of players the club has had for 8 years. In less than a year this management team have put together a side playing the best football in the country. Granted, something is not right (yet). Two of our best footballing performances have come away to Hibs with no reward.
There is without doubt something going on with the way this club is treated in the MSM and on the pitch by referees. That needs addressing.
As for mediocrity, without the challenges of the Spivs, and before our team was hated by every team in Scotland I give you our league finish in the 7 years from 79/80, 5th, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 4th, 5th. Thank God we didn't have FF then.

NS
Thank God a bit of sanity.

The gaffer has my 100% backing

Given the standard we are refereed to compared to every other team in Scotland it’s pathetic anyone wanting to change manager

If people are agreeing they are 100% supporters of Separate Entity FC and desperate for him to fail

Analyse the stats. Yellow / Red cards per foul for us v the scum. Shocking

The amount of mistakes we are on the end of which result in dropped points is a scandal

Guys like Clancy are so obvious cheats and anti Rangers it’s a joke he’s still in a job

Stevie G needs our support not this petty shite

Yes he’s made mistakes but he really needs more time and any talk of him not being good enough is frankly pathetic

His signings have been poor overall, while his tactics/substitutions have been questionable.

On the plus side there has been some (though not marked) improvement.

He'll get one more season where he wont be expected to win the league but the improvement will need to be noticeable.
A rookie manager will make rookie decisions, the rookie tag cannot be used next season

Part of the issue with FF is the complete over reaction to a good performance or a poor performance either by players or the team.
There’s is no middle ground it’s either all sugar or all shi’te!

I didn't want Gerrard from the start as he had no experience as a manager and that has shown in games with his tactics and substitutions, my only hope is he somehow turns it around but its the name Gerrard that's keeping him in a job, not anything he's done as a manager.

This is just nonsense.

He’s being ‘kept’ in the job because he has us comfortably second in the league, took us on a lucrative and wholly unexpected (it was also rather exciting) European run and beat the Yahoos, comfortably it should be added, over 90 minutes of football for the first time in 6 or 7 years.

All of these were achievements his immediate predecessors failed to emulate ergo the board are likely pretty satisfied with where we are with him for a first season.

There are definite doubts and concerns, but the biggest issue as I see it is with some fans expectation levels.

Many genuinely seemed to believe the Stevie G Express nonsense virtually guaranteed a real tilt at 55 this season and each and every dropped point or poor result has left them increasingly exasperated, but it was always unfair and unrealistic.

I think it’s fair to argue that we probably should be 4 or 5 points better off than we are and we really shouldn’t have lost another cup tie to a limited Aberdeen side, but all things being equal we’re still progressing, albeit it a little slower than most would have hoped.

This is just nonsense.

He’s being ‘kept’ in the job because he has us comfortably second in the league, took us on a lucrative and wholly unexpected (it was also rather exciting) European run and beat the Yahoos, comfortably it should be added, over 90 minutes of football for the first time in 6 or 7 years.

All of these were achievements his immediate predecessors failed to emulate ergo the board are likely pretty satisfied with where we are with him for a first season.

There are definite doubts and concerns, but the biggest issue as I see it is with some fans expectation levels.

Many genuinely seemed to believe the Stevie G Express nonsense virtually guaranteed a real tilt at 55 this season and each and every dropped point or poor result has left them increasingly exasperated, but it was always unfair and unrealistic.

I think it’s fair to argue that we probably should be 4 or 5 points better off than we are and we really shouldn’t have lost another cup tie to a limited Aberdeen side, but all things being equal we’re still progressing, albeit it a little slower than most would have hoped.

The league is not over just now we have a lot of tough games and against the top sides, we have not been great, finishing second is not a given.
We have played 18 games against the top six and won six that just not good enough this is what we will be up against.
For me who supports Gerrard and wants him to get another season I can still admit that his name is doing him a favour.

I've not really heard anyone calling for his head? Some of our performances have been like the Warburton era. The manager, as well as the whole club have to improve. We are no longer just promoted or finding our feet. There's much work ahead.

we've got to give him time he was always going to make mistakes in his first year

lets see how he does next year after another transfer window

we've got to give him time he was always going to make mistakes in his first year

lets see how he does next year after another transfer window

I think he needs and deserves a second season, of course he does its stupid to suggest otherwise.

problem is money and the signings required to compete.

Loan players wont do anymore, 1 or 2 yes but we need 3/4 quality players at £3/5 million a head, have we got that?

I don't think he should be sacked - but he hasn't been that good either. You say "some of the posts about our manager are ludicrous". Well, it would also be fair to say some of the decisions and choices made by our manager are ludicrous.

Some people just want to show they support the manager regardless of the evidence against them. As I said, I don't want Gerrard sacked. I would like to see him get another season but by %^*& does he need to improve his game. His tactics and player choices at times have been laughable. His inability to make changes during a game is massively obvious and the fact he's been outdone a few times by Derek fucking McInnes is a big worry.

We can't blindly support a manager and at this moment in time - he really hasn't been all that much better than the previous managers - Euro run excluded. If he is an improvement then he's not a massive one. Still, I am sure he can learn. A young manager with an exceptional football background - doesn't mean it'll work out but gives him a real good chance.

You'll find it's the same people who were first to jump on the Stevie express and were telling anyone who was maybe after someone with a little more experience to shur it are now the first ones to jump and tell everyone to shut it who are sticking up for him.

Quite honestly I really hate it when people say they're embarrassed or the club are embraasing. If supporting a fantastic club like ours embarrasses you then gtfo and don't don't come back.

The league is not over just now we have a lot of tough games and against the top sides, we have not been great, finishing second is not a given.
We have played 18 games against the top six and won six that just not good enough this is what we will be up against.
For me who supports Gerrard and wants him to get another season I can still admit that his name is doing him a favour.

It’s nothing to do with his name.

If he’d bombed out of Europe in the first qualifying round to part timers or got horsed by Celtic by four or five goals at a time, I doubt his name would have saved him.

He’s done a pretty decent job so far, that’s why he’ll get another crack at it next term, not because he’s Steven Gerrard, famous football player.

Tin hat on here - Aberdeen score from a mistake a few minutes into the game and from then on the atmosphere played into their hands. Every stray pass or even a slightly delayed pass is pounced upon and abuse hurled which is understandable but it really doesn't help us at all in that situation.

You watch Bayern or Barcelona etc they are 2-0 down and the fans are still singing and pushing the team on and more often than not the team responds and stages a come back.

I think he needs and deserves a second season, of course he does its stupid to suggest otherwise.

problem is money and the signings required to compete.

Loan players wont do anymore, 1 or 2 yes but we need 3/4 quality players at £3/5 million a head, have we got that?

doubt we'll get many players at the 3/5 million mark , maybe one or two at a push around the Goldson price range

We'll need to go some to replace Morelos if he goes as well

big summer ahead for the club

He's been compared to Warburton, Pedro, Murty and others which is ridiculous.

We need to remember he has raised the clubs profile considerably. He handles the media very well despite the continued onslaught of garbage questions. He's called out refs in the past and could do more of this.

His team have competed with Celtic in the games v them so far winning one and losing one.

Results against Aberdeen, Hibs and Kilmarnock in particular have been disappointing and the most recent setback was certainly not acceptable but he knows that and it is obvious he was raging.

I think calling for his head at this stage is premature for a manager that has been managing top flight football for under a year.

The main issue is we cannot chop and change every season. We cannot afford to financially nor is constant change healthy for the club.

Our history was built on stability, standards and being sensible and success wasn't built on constant upheaval.

This season hasn't been acceptable in many ways. Results, referees, induvidual player errors, lack of fight in some games, inability to break down defensive minded sides at times but tolerance and sanity must surely by the way forward.

We also cannot afford to have huge player turnovers every summer though the weakest willed or those who are content with picking up a good wage whilst not giving a shit about results must be weeded out and replaced with players who want to play for the club, manager and fans.

The fans continue to turn up in huge numbers both home and away and I'd imagine this will continue but the fans are now a bit restless that a seaaon that had a bit of promise seems to be fizzling out.

I back the manager and he will continue to do so for now as I believe he is intelligent enough to know what is required to improve and the players that aren't up to the challenges that we face.

I hope the club have identified players of a certain standard though I don't see where Jordan Jones improves us and this sort of signing worries me as we need better than that though obviously not writing that lad off completely before he has kicked a ball for us.

It will be interesting to see who stays and who goes and what funds our manager will have to spend and whether we will go down the loan route again and if Gerrard will ne given a bigger say on identifying and signing targets, something I believe that he is very keen on.

The most obvious thing is weak willed bottlers have no place at Rangers and the manager must identify and get shot asap hopefully raising funds in the process.

Is it Saturday yet? ,)
He's on record as saying if the players he has at his disposal aren't good enough he will find them. I'm with you and back the gaffer,he's certainly not sent them out to play like that and in those conditions that's when you need battlers in the team. We can't keep carrying on with wholesale changes as we can't afford it,we need 4/5 players that are prepared to battle and beat a man and can cross a ball accurately. SG is day and night compared to previous incumbents and he will get us there. Onwards and upwards

You're of course correct in saying the league is not finished and finishing second is not a given but that works both ways. The other five clubs in the top six will all take points off each other as well.

Also who's to say we won't or can't win our last nine games.

It's highly unlikely but it's not impossible.

It’s nothing to do with his name.

If he’d bombed out of Europe in the first qualifying round to part timers or got horsed by Celtic by four or five goals at a time, I doubt his name would have saved him.

He’s done a pretty decent job so far, that’s why he’ll get another crack at it next term, not because he’s Steven Gerrard, famous football player.

I think it has, so disagree with you there, the reason he will get another crack at it next season is that you don't learn to be a manager in nine months.

You're of course correct in saying the league is not finished and finishing second is not a given but that works both ways. The other five clubs in the top six will all take points off each other as well.

Also who's to say we won't or can't win our last nine games.

It's highly unlikely but it's not impossible.

I'm hoping for a collapse under lennon so we can still push on for the league but realistically it will be a fight all the way to be second.

We backslap ourselves, saying how we are the greatest support in the world, yet we have some of the most needy, selfish and impatient supporters there are out there. A "disaster" of a season?! Seriously?!

I don't think he should be sacked - but he hasn't been that good either. You say "some of the posts about our manager are ludicrous". Well, it would also be fair to say some of the decisions and choices made by our manager are ludicrous.

Some people just want to show they support the manager regardless of the evidence against them. As I said, I don't want Gerrard sacked. I would like to see him get another season but by %^*& does he need to improve his game. His tactics and player choices at times have been laughable. His inability to make changes during a game is massively obvious and the fact he's been outdone a few times by Derek fucking McInnes is a big worry.

We can't blindly support a manager and at this moment in time - he really hasn't been all that much better than the previous managers - Euro run excluded. If he is an improvement then he's not a massive one. Still, I am sure he can learn. A young manager with an exceptional football background - doesn't mean it'll work out but gives him a real good chance.

Fully agree and my view point on things

Don’t give a %^*& what any of the uber panty wetters say.
We beat them on the 31st then it’s game on.
Everything still to play for....

We need to remember he has raised the clubs profile considerably. He handles the media very well despite the continued onslaught of garbage questions. He's called out refs in the past and could do more of this.

His team have competed with Celtic in the games v them so fat winning one and losung one.

Results against Aberdeen, Hibs and Kilmsrnock in particular have been disappointing and the most recent setback was certainly not acceptable but he knows that and it is obvious he was raging.

I think calling for his head at this stage is premature for a manager that has been managing top flight football for under a year.

The main issues is we cannot chop and change every season. We cannot afford to finsncially nor is constant change healthy for the club.

Our history was built on stability, standards and being sensible and success wasn't built on constant upheaval.

This season hasn't been acceptable in many ways. Results, referees, induvidual player errors, lack of fight in some games, inability to break down defensive minded sides at times but tolerance and sanity must surely by the way forward.

We also cannot afford to have huge player turnovers every summer though the weakest willed or those who are content with picking up a good wage whilst not giving a shit about results must be weeded out and replaced with players who want to play for the club, manager and fans.

The fans continue to turn up in huge numbers both home and away and I'd imagine this will continue but the fans are now a bit restless that a seaaon that had a bit of promise seems to be fizzling out.

I back the manager and he will continue to do so for now as I believe he is intelligent enough to know what is required to improve and the players that aren't up to the challenges that we face.

I hope the club have identified players of a certain standard though I don't see where Jordan Jones improves us and this sort of signing worries me as we need better than that though obviously not writing that lad off completely before he has kicked a ball for us.

It will be interesting to see who stays and who goes and what funds our manager will have to spend and whether we will go down the loan route again and if Gerrard will ne given a bigger say on identifying and signing targets, something I believe that he is very keen on.

The most obvious thing is weak willed bottlers have no place at Rangers and the manager must identify and get shot asap hopefully raising funds in the process.

Is it Saturday yet? ,)
Part of the issue with FF is the complete over reaction to a good performance or a poor performance either by players or the team.
There’s is no middle ground it’s either all sugar or all shi’te!
People get too high with the highs and too low with the lows.

There is also of course the fact that FF is infested with poets,never known it to be so bad.

Excellent post OP. I believe some other threads and posters on FF are designed as a fishing exercise by mentally challengeds and lurkers. It’s easier to spot now and you have clearly taken the time&effort to compose a balanced and rational opinion of 95% of Rangers supporters.

Tin hat on here - Aberdeen score from a mistake a few minutes into the game and from then on the atmosphere played into their hands. Every stray pass or even a slightly delayed pass is pounced upon and abuse hurled which is understandable but it really doesn't help us at all in that situation.

You watch Bayern or Barcelona etc they are 2-0 down and the fans are still singing and pushing the team on and more often than not the team responds and stages a come back.

Maybe in a really big match, but generally they get on the team's backs a hell of a lot. I've seen Barcelona getting booed at a couple of goals up if the fans don't think they're playing that well!

Quality players don't come cheap, there have been ups and downs but stay positive, I think this summer the emphasis will be on quality not quantity, the turn over last year for Gerrard to deal with was massive.

Money spent on quality operators over the park is where bulk of out transfer budget will go.

I hope Gerrard is here for years to come. This rookie manager stuff is only surfacing again because of poor result on Tues nite, shit happens, terrible night, the team the ref even the weather played into the sheep's hands, its finished now let's try back the team and finish the season strongly

In the last thirteen league games, we have only lost once which is an improvement, most wanted us to win silverware which we could have done in the cups I think that's where the major disappointment stems from.

When he joined I'm pretty sure everyone said give him time. The problem is saying it is easy, what it means is accepting some crap performances and results. I think there is progress in terms of performance. Will he really make it as a manager? The fact is no-one knows, but he's made a better fist of it than the last few experienced managers have so it's madness to think of getting rid.

Also, the name isn't just a nice PR thing with no real value. There will be players who will come to work with him in a way you wouldn't get with someone less well known - which, lets face it, will be any other manager that would come. I've also no doubt he's a boost to the image outside of Scotland, which should mean a boost to the club's commercials.

I think the way some of them set up against us shows they are but we need different ways of playing too to overcome bus parkers and even more so the thuggish sorts like we saw last two games.
All due respect but it's down to the Match Officials to sort out thuggery on the Park.

Aberdeen should have been down to at least 10 men when May should have been shown a 2nd yellow for kicking the ball away and in the match v Hibs McGinn (??) should have been off for a blatant elbow..

All due respect but it's down to the Match Officials to sort out thuggery on the Park.

Aberdeen should have been down to at least 10 men when May should have been shown a 2nd yellow for kicking the ball away and in the match v Hibs McGinn (??) should have been off for a blatant elbow..
Oh I agree but when they are a bit economical with the rules we need to match physical teams in terms of strength whilst actually being better at football.

Referees have fucked us over big style and the club need to prepare a case with video evidence and present it to the authorities saying it cannot go on.

Cheating / cowardice / incompetence and corruption can't continue.

Refs should be sacked, demoted, fined or docked wages for their performance or lack thereof.

VAR might help if we can get honest people operating it. I dont want favours, just fed up with about 45 per cent of games being ruined by pricks like Clancy or McLean.

We have an absolutely huge problem with referees. There is no point in denying it or hoping it will go away. It's actually getting worse each season. Rangers have to come out fighting on this front. Otherwise, winning anything becomes twice as hard

He is the man for the job. I think the retarded press have worn him down a bit. Endless stream of ridiculous questions and negativity in the press every single day.

His team have competed with Celtic in the games v them so far winning one and losing one.

Results against Aberdeen, Hibs and Kilmarnock in particular have been disappointing and the most recent setback was certainly not acceptable but he knows that and it is obvious he was raging.

The main issue is we cannot chop and change every season. We cannot afford to financially nor is constant change healthy for the club.

Is it Saturday yet? ,)
Let's be honest most of these clowns that post this rubbish usually sit in pub corners talking about our club and have never been to Ibrox.

Is it Saturday yet? ,)
I agree with the op, there are some ungrateful sods in our support, we have a footballing icon st the helm, players gracing our pitch we can only dream about , albeit since SG altered the Celtic line up things have not gone so well, I had high hopes when I forecast we would win the league, when they lost out to AEK,now we’re out the cups as, I shall count success if we beat them twice more, from tiny acorns great oaks grow.

Some of our ‘fans’ are an utter joke.

The online Pep’s hold no sway over the Rangers support.

Gerrard should and will be given time.
They are not fans they are mouthpieces for the armchair supporters the speed they are on this forum when we lose tells u
I want results to return. I keep hearing Gerrard is the man to take us forward. I have seen nothing to make me believe that.
Have you?
How many games have you seen this season kemo sabe.

Nonsense.

Given the nick of the squad last season, if someone had said second in the league and one game away from the Europa knockouts, I’m sure everyone would have said that was decent.

There’s the problem we have now, people, not just yourself, willing to accept mediocrity. Feel free, but I'll be demanding success now! Not in two or three years time.......NOW!

We have some amount of drama queens in our supp
totally agree,and i will be bombarded,for this altho it was a great rollercoaster qualifying for europe(money wasneededtho)to me was in hindsight a bonus,but think it done more harm than good,before anyone starts tho,we had people on here and a lot of fans thinking we were going to baku,and win it,i really think it gave a lot of fans a false hope.....i will stick by mr G and im sure we will win 55 under him,i really think whats upsetting most of us ,is that that lot are not good especially this season!however its not over yet.as one guy onhere the other night quoted"has susan boyle sang yet?" NO!

Back