Something stirring at the scum hut?

Teddy bear

Official Ticketer
Was talking to 2 of my mates this morning and was surprised to discover that their home games are only available to ST holders, was puzzled that they'd be turning down revenue then it struck me that it must be an incentive to actually buy a ST. My guess is they've lied (not like them eh) like %^*& about number of renewals and are desperate to get their lot buying STs. There's no other explanation why they wouldn't put it up for sale at £10 to UK based fans.

Hopefully it's a double whammy and nobody renews and they miss out on that revenue and finally the victims of their lies and deceit in the shameful way they washed their hands of the paedophilia scandal that plagued their club for 4 decades get the financial justice they so badly deserve.
Do we sell our home league games to non season ticket holders?

Last edited:

Billiericky

Was talking to 2 of my mates this morning and was surprised to discover that their home games are only available to ST holders, was puzzled that they'd be turning down revenue then it struck me that it must be an incentive to actually buy a ST. My guess is they've lied (not like them eh) like %^*& about number of renewals and are desperate to get their lot buying STs. There's no other explanation why they wouldn't put it up for sale at £10 to UK based fans.

Hopefully it's a double whammy and nobody renews and they miss out on that revenue and finally the victims of their lies and deceit in the shameful way they washed their hands of the paedophilia scandal that plagued their club for 4 decades get the financial justice they so badly deserve.

Is that true?

The match tomorrow is on Sky, so non-season ticket holders cannot buy from the club, but I would have thought they had to let CFC/non-CFC fans the oppotunity to see matches that are not televised.

Cancel - talking rubbish

Alan_Morton

Is that true?

The match tomorrow is on Sky, so non-season ticket holders cannot buy from the club, but I would have thought they had to let CFC/non-CFC fans the oppotunity to see matches that are not televised.
Unless they are talking shite but I don't think that's the case. One is a ST holder and the other isn't and he was asking me how I was getting games with RTV via a VPM. Explained that I didn't need to do that this season as can buy home games not on Sky with a UK IP address. Apparently away fans have been moaning about not having the chance to buy games like they can do with us.

Billiericky

Unless they are talking shite but I don't think that's the case. One is a ST holder and the other isn't and he was asking me how I was getting games with RTV via a VPM. Explained that I didn't need to do that this season as can buy home games not on Sky with a UK IP address. Apparently away fans have been moaning about not having the chance to buy games like they can do with us.

Sorry, I'm wrong.

Alan_Morton

Sorry, I'm wrong.

Celtic games not on Sky are definitely only open to ST holders.

I can only imagine it's because they are trying to shift STs. There's no other explanation . Why else would you pass up the opportunity to earn £10 a skull from non season ticket holders wanting to watch the game?

bullen an la

Official Ticketer

Celtic games not on Sky are definitely only open to ST holders.

I can only imagine it's because they are trying to shift STs. There's no other explanation . Why else would you pass up the opportunity to earn £10 a skull from non season ticket holders wanting to watch the game?
The less people who see the dodgy decisions the better

Alan_Morton

The less people who see the dodgy decisions the better
It's not as though they're not brazen about benefitting from referees decisions, there's absolutely nobody in the media who'd highlight it anyway.

Their decision not to open subscriptions to games to non ST holders imo can only be an attempt to get their fans to buy them. Otherwise it makes no sense whatsoever, it's basically corporate negligence if it's not an attempt to generate funds via ST sales. The decision by our government to basically put fans attending games off the table for a minimum of 6 months will probably make them change their tactics but it's clear to me they haven't sold all their STs - nowhere near it.

Teddy bear

Official Ticketer
Yeah. ST holders get it free and everyone else including away fans can buy it for £10
So season ticket holders are paying about 30 quid a game for something non season ticket holders are getting for a tenner?
That decision will come back to haunt us when fans start wanting refunds.

Alan_Morton

So season ticket holders are paying about 30 quid a game for something non season ticket holders are getting for a tenner?
Yeah, I don't think the club thought there'd be a ban on fans till spring 2021 tbf to them. I know it's shite on ST holders but it is out of the clubs hands so hopefully they'll continue their loyalty.

It's why least Rangers could have done is award the Willem II game to ST holders free. I'm really disappointed they didn't. Even if there was a legal reason they couldn't then explain why.

Ped78

So O'Fritzel and Liewell are in cahoots with Neil Dungaster of the SFhA at Hampdump as when treacle teeth sold biscuit hips to Arsenal then stole the best talent from Dundee Hivs, Murderwell, Hivs, Watery Farts, Scumdee, Aberdoom and Dungfermline in a plan to loan them to other SPhell teams thus weakening us in the process.

Factor in the SNP, wee Nippy (and her stormtroopers), the Daily Rebel, The Hootsman, The Gherald, Jimmy Ping and Chick Dung too...it's a perfect storm of madness.
It’s Abergreen,get it right ffs.

Red White &Blue

Are you forgetting about the appointment of Donald Muir and the events leading up to it? The leaks and blogs were abundant online years before 2012. Was always written off as fenian mischief which a lot of it was, but clearly a portion ended up true.
Leading up to it?
2007 until 2012 is some lead up.
I don't recall any furore about EBT's in 2007.

Atheist Bear

If anyone is even slightly curious, the pronunciation of the name of the sickening sectarian brush guy is, “Mac-gee-aw-la-van”.

Jmacca1975

Official Ticketer
Keeping your season ticket this year gives you the rights to it next year.

Coop1872

Leading up to it?

It was certainly on the radar. This is a quote regarding them and the Juninho EBT.

"in 2008 the club became aware of an event giving rise to a potential tax liability which was subsequently paid after agreement with HMRC."

Red White &Blue

It was certainly on the radar. This is a quote regarding them and the Juninho EBT.

"in 2008 the club became aware of an event giving rise to a potential tax liability which was subsequently paid after agreement with HMRC."
2008 you say?
Juninho ?
Did he play for Rangers?
Anything to do with the original post?
No.

Neilston Unionist

Leading up to it?

Donald Muir was appointed in 2009 and there was plenty of whisperings about our financials on the lead up to 2012. If the OP is the Gub which I think he is, he made many claims about Murray and his mismanagement of us in the early 2000s, years before any taig. It was conspiracies and taig fantastist type stuff from 2008 onwards but a small amount of it ended up being true. It was there at the time and I feel like I would personally be doing other fans a disservice in saying it wasn't.

Last edited:

Walters80

There is something not right as every time lemon is interviewed, all you here is "fans need to be in the stadium". They seem to have a motivational issue and seem to rely heavily on the fans. Will be interesting to see how hibs do against them.
WATP

Suspect it’s probably financial reasons more than anything else as to why this keeps getting brought up by Lennon.

They have a £60 million plus wage bill and have spent £20m on players since January something has to give at the knewcamp and soon. If Sarajevo win on Thursday they will have a mini fire sale in the remaining days of the window.

Interesting as well that Edouard suddenly has had a massive dip in form and looks uninterested just weeks before the window shuts?

Alan_Morton

I think he means £500 from his mates alone
Aye, that's what I meant. I'd love to know how much we've raked in, if our group chat is a reflection on what must be hundreds maybe even thousands of Rangers related group chats then the club must be rubbing their hands with glee.

change consent