Songs this Sunday ?

Brian11Laudrup

What’s the thoughts then?

Will there may be a hardcore element determined to be defiant given that’s an SPL game, songs and anti-UEFA banners?

Or will the game pass off with no iffy songs.

Be interesting to see how it pans out.

Personally I wouldn’t be against a banner calling out FARE as they’re a corrupt shower of bheasts

I'll be there and I've got the common sense to clamp it but as others have said it's almost guaranteed the idiot element will sing shite louder than normal.

The sad fact is there is a large group of braindead, pissed neds that go to our games....a lot that just go as a social occasion with their mates rather than the love of their team. They love the 'banter' and being the big man. Well they have a fantastic opportunity to show how pure mad mental they are on Sunday. I honestly think these people are too far gone for their minds to change in how they conduct themselves at a football match.

The sad fact is there is a large group of braindead, pissed neds that go to our games....a lot that just go as a social occasion with their mates rather than the love of their team. They love the 'banter' and being the big man. Well they have a fantastic opportunity to show how pure mad mental they are on Sunday. I honestly think these people are too far gone for their minds to change in how they conduct themselves at a football match.
It's not going to happen though Sunday will be an act off defiance from the people who sing those songs already seen people on Twitter ect saying same again Sunday ect so what chance have the club got. It won't but until there able to doc points or shut Ibrox completely that people will get the message

I think we know what will happen. As with modern away fans, there will be drink, there will be drugs and people won’t be able to help themselves
Modern away fans? This has been the case since I was at my first Rangers away game early 90's.

I think we know what will happen. As with modern away fans, there will be drink, there will be drugs and people won’t be able to help themselves
Modern away fans? It’s been the same for years upon years. Let’s not rewrite history and pretending being drunk and singing songs at football is a new thing

Anyone singing any such songs should get a sore face in my view. But more sane people should report them. It’s come to that. Turning in rangers fans because they think they’re bigger than the good of the club

Last edited:
Modern away fans? It’s been the same for years upon years. Let’s not rewrite history and pretending being drunk and singing songs at football is a new thing
The point I was trying to make by saying modern away fans is that drink, drugs and arsehole behaviour isnt strictly limited to us at away games

Great:confused: Blaming the UB when I can guarantee you that 99% of this forum has sung TBB

Yip, we probably have. I bet you 99% wouldn’t sing it this weekend after what’s just happened though. The UB start every song at away games so it’s hard to look elsewhere really.

That's a bit extreme you can just go about assaulting people

What would you suggest will get the message through to them?
They think they’re above the rest of us.
If they sing this shite in future they’re screwing the club and the rest of the fans.

U ion bears get a handful of tickets for away games there’s no chance they start all the songs.

You either don’t go to away games or in denial because they do start pretty much every song. They do a great job creating an atmosphere usually.

Exactly this.

But the harsh reality is, we really need to stop it, how I don’t know as they’ll always be an element within our support that couldn’t give two fvcks about the club and any punishment flung our way.

Exactly this.

But the harsh reality is, we really need to stop it, how I don’t know as they’ll always be an element within our support that couldn’t give two fvcks about the club and any punishment flung our way.
as a previous poster said, if things are sung that shouldnt be on Sunday, then we shouldnt take any more away tickets. Its a drastic measure, but probably necessary.

Re home games, then its permanent bans for those offending. Its the only way to do it.

What would you suggest will get the message through to them?
They think they’re above the rest of us.
If they sing this shite in future they’re screwing the club and the rest of the fans.
So you go to the game see someone singing wack them old bill see it lift you then you can potentially get a ban how does that help the club or yourself? Don't get me wrong I agree with self policing but how far do you go.

as a previous poster said, if things are sung that shouldnt be on Sunday, then we shouldnt take any more away tickets. Its a drastic measure, but probably necessary.

Re home games, then its permanent bans for those offending. Its the only way to do it.
Agree 100% but it’s absolutely sickening that the majority of good are going to be getting punished for minority of fvcking morons within our support

Read that again, then think how fucking ridiculous it sounds.

They don’t care about the club. They don’t care that decent fans are now missing a big match because of them. It’s a fucking joke. They think they can do what they want and get away with it. What else would you suggest ?

It is ridiculous I know it is, but that’s how pissed off I am at these selfish twats

So you go to the game see someone singing wack them old bill see it lift you then you can potentially get a ban how does that help the club or yourself? Don't get me wrong I agree with self policing but how far do you go.
I’m just pissed off mate.
I have been banging on for years to cut this shit out. Now it’s actually harming the club but also decent fans will miss out on a big game.

You either don’t go to away games or in denial because they do start pretty much every song. They do a great job creating an atmosphere usually.

Go to as many as I can get tickets for mate and the union bears definetly don’t start every song.

Anyone singing any such songs should get a sore face in my view. But more sane people should report them. It’s come to that. Turning in rangers fans because they think they’re bigger than the good of the club
You're advocating violence against your fellow fans?

I’m just pissed off mate.
I have been banging on for years to cut this shit out. Now it’s actually harming the club but also decent fans will miss out on a big game.
Totally agree with you mate until the club are hammered only then will people wake up like I've said I've not a problem with people singing those songs away from the stadium if that's what they want to do but at games it has to stop and stop now

Totally agree with you mate until the club are hammered only then will people wake up like I've said I've not a problem with people singing those songs away from the stadium if that's what they want to do but at games it has to stop and stop now
My mate is as full of the FTP stuff as you can get. He messaged me earlier to say that it should be kept to the buses, sash bashes etc. We were both right behind the WATP night just for this very reason, it was coming a long time ago

The club really need to get in touch with supporters buses etc and get them on board. If we cant stop it then the club should refuse tickets until its stopped. We have discussed this on here for years. Today is the time for the shit to stop and start embracing our positive songs.

I may be unpopular here but the club should tonight send out a message with a list of songs that are banned forever home or away -

No pope of rome
Super Rangers ( some cant be trusted )
Billy boys ( same )
IRA
Bobby Sands
Anything 19th Century Terrorist
50 p flute
Anything paramilitary at all
Any stupid addons

Outright ban no fucking about . These people continually dragging us through the gutter and leaving us open to attack are Fcking killing us

A hard line is needed and not before time

We have an opportunity here , maybe a last one before it really kicks us square in the nuts

Sing Rangers songs , blue flag , followfollow , Rangers easy ok , BSOI , Gerrards army , Rangers over here , Copland road , famous Glasgow Rangers , four lads had a dream

Ditch the shite .

Maybe we could get some clarity on the definition of the rules/limitations before we ban the whole song book, fall out, and start flagellating ourselves.

Back