Sorry. That was awful.

Some players just aint putting in the effort. My guess is its about money. Some getting paid top dollar for little input while others are giving their all for much less. Bound to cause unrest.
Never thought of this angle it's a big possibility.

I'm delighted we're top, but you cannot tell me we have been convincing at any point this season. If you genuinely dont see issues then I dont know what to say.

You think when Jock Wallace won 2 trebles in 1976 and 1978 and Souness and Smith demolished Scottish football throughout the late 80s and the 90s, we never scrambled away victories?

It’s coming.

We have Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen coming up in the next month.
Yip, we play anything like we did today and we're f.ucked.

That's not panty wetting either, it's realism.
Hivs and Hertz in particular have their tails up at the moment.

Fans, in general, report what they see. From my experience most football fans are knowledgeable and will call it as they see it. They're not daft and can't have the wool pulled over their eyes. We are not playing well. At all. And that is a concern.
That I can agree with mate and concern is totally fine, it's just the absolute hysterical nonsence that every player is crap, should never play again, sack everyone that seems to be the default go to in so many threads that I have to take exception with as it's just idiocy.

Tavernier was good today, as was Balogun.
Balogun, yes certainly. Tav going forward was good, that's not what I was referring to though, twice (at least) he dived in on that full back and exposed us. If you dive in like that you must win it. Goldson was my other point of concern, not LB.

You think when Jock Wallace won 2 trebles in 1976 and 1978 and Souness and Smith demolished Scottish football throughout the late 80s and the 90s, we never scrambled victories?
Not by playing consistently shite mate.

We've been lucky to make the Europa group stage against a terrible Alashkert team.

Domestically I'm delighted with the results, but there's trouble round the corner against the sheep and the Edinburgh teams unless we get our shit together.

Balogun, yes certainly. Tav going forward was good, that's not what I was referring to though, twice (at least) he dived in on that full back and exposed us. If you dive in like that you must win it. Goldson was my other point of concern, not LB.
Tavernier intercepted what could have been a dangerous ball along the six yard box, but you omitted that? I thought Tavernier looked very assured today.

Tavernier intercepted what could have been a dangerous ball along the six yard box, but you omitted that? I thought Tavernier looked very assured today.
No I hadn't.
Listen this could go on all night, if you are happy with today's performance that's fine, I'm not.

Shall we agree to differ ?

It was absolutely awful OP and its been like this nearly every competitive game. Deserved to get beat by Malmo and scrapped through by the skin of our teeth against Alashkert. Beaten off Dundee United, drew with Motherwell at Ibrox and today we could have drawn had McLaughlin not saved that penalty.

Can't just look at the positives and say oh but we're top. That's irrelevant until May. It's about trying to get results by building to get better and better every week. The pressure is on if Gerrard doesn't win a cup/cups either.

Not playing exclusively crap for the first two months of the season, no.

Not playing exclusively crap for the first two months of the season, no.

Before my time mate, but I've got a reasonable grasp of our history.

Souness lost his first 2 league games and the supporters were calling for big Jock's head after to losing to Hibs at home at the start of his 2nd treble season.
We're well known for getting on our team's back.

We're sitting top of the league without playing at our best.
Things could be way worse.

Have a wee glance across the city and you'll see some real shite.

You can only get by like that for so long
Yeh, there is a difference between grinding out wins without dominating the game, and just getting off with it.

We have been doing the latter which is why the points we have dropped have been predictable.

I understand we are top of the league. I understand playing crap and winning is the mark of champions. But this isn't a couple of poor performances, for my money, we have been poor all season. Certainly for 95% of it. We didn't look interested in that second half and Dundee were far and away the better team. I have no idea what's happened to this team, but it is night and day compared to last year - despite what the league table may say. Praying they find a spark, but I've been saying that for weeks.
Don’t be sorry …. just stop and go away …. that’s the polite reposte

crazy days.

We're top of the league and thinking we're shite.

They're midtable and thinking they're amazing with their shitey Angeball.
Wake up mate yes top of the table in Scotland lost champions league game lost first europa game take the blinkers off we've been rotten and it's a disaster waiting to happen we are ahead of a celtic team that have a big transition this rangers team unless they improve massively is heading for a massive crash that's my opinion

Wake up mate yes top of the table in Scotland lost champions league game lost first europa game take the blinkers off we've been rotten and it's a disaster waiting to happen we are ahead of a celtic team that have a big transition this rangers team unless they improve massively is heading for a massive crash that's my opinion
You must be great company at Christmas

Opposition keepers have a criminal lack of shots to stop against us. With the amount of possession we have we should be working the keeper a whole lot more.

Brutal! Same players as last season but simply have not played a decent 90 mins yet this season. Same excuses, seriously need to find their form ASAP

Started the game at walking pace, no urgency, no desire, scored a great goal, thought we would kick on from there but I'm afraid we never really got out of second gear.
On the plus side Lundstam is starting to impose himself on the game more and looking far better than his early games. Pass marks to Bassey also.
Another three points, and I have no doubt our performances will get better.

Started the game at walking pace, no urgency, no desire, scored a great goal, thought we would kick on from there but I'm afraid we never really got out of second gear.
On the plus side Lundstam is starting to impose himself on the game more and looking far better than his early games. Pass marks to Bassey also.
Another three points, and I have no doubt our performances will get better.
Walking pace is what we do it comes from the coaching and tactics and training and Mr Beale is in charge of that which means possession at all costs.

I understand we are top of the league. I understand playing crap and winning is the mark of champions. But this isn't a couple of poor performances, for my money, we have been poor all season. Certainly for 95% of it. We didn't look interested in that second half and Dundee were far and away the better team. I have no idea what's happened to this team, but it is night and day compared to last year - despite what the league table may say. Praying they find a spark, but I've been saying that for weeks.
Man the %^*& up.

It was absolutely awful OP and its been like this nearly every competitive game. Deserved to get beat by Malmo and scrapped through by the skin of our teeth against Alashkert. Beaten off Dundee United, drew with Motherwell at Ibrox and today we could have drawn had McLaughlin not saved that penalty.

Can't just look at the positives and say oh but we're top. That's irrelevant until May. It's about trying to get results by building to get better and better every week. The pressure is on if Gerrard doesn't win a cup/cups either.
Yes you are correct we are top of the league but we are bloody honking and a few players who are thought to be untouchable need dropped especially in our back line so hopefully the manager bites the bullet and drops a few of them no matter how popular they have been in the past.

Can I be honest we are shi#@ or at times a wee bit better than shi$@..
If there was a decent team in this league it would be theres for the taking. The astounding thing about it all is there is a pot of gold awaiting who ever wins the league this season that may determine the future for the next few years. It's as if we are not understanding this. ?

Last thing I want is to be saying “ told you so” in December but we need to get it sorted. Personally don’t like this continual talk of dropping players. The chopping and changing is killing us. Get Kent back and pick our strongest 11 for every domestic game including cups. Different side for Europe by all means- chances of winning that are somewhere between nil and non existent so can experiment there.

I think Celtic struggling is having an impact. We believe they will drop points therefore 1-1 against Motherwell isn’t a disaster.

Last season we went in believing we had to win every single game therefore the fire was lit.

Its not great football we're playing at the moment and it shows in our results and points dropped. I think everyone wants to see performances improve.

That said, we're not that bad, although not reaching the heights of last season yet. I think if the tims were winning every game there would be more urgency.

Haven't read the thread but we were lucky. Had they scored the pen, I'm not sure we would have scored a second. Pretty sure Dundee had more shots on target than us.....which is what you might expect for a home team but not Dundee v us FFS !!

Its not great football we're playing at the moment and it shows in our results and points dropped. I think everyone wants to see performances improve.

That said, we're not that bad, although not reaching the heights of last season yet. I think if the tims were winning every game there would be more urgency.
I'm seeing little to suggest the Tims will have a comfortable win today.

Are you kidding me about Tav ffs
A lot of players were very poor again today.

On the flip side I thought McLaughlin, Balogun, Bassey and Lundstram played really well.
Lundstram seems a lot more suited to the anchor role in midfield which I didn't expect at all tbh.

People have concern's,where else can posters express these concern's if not on this forum as members? There is reasons why we're not playing with the flair of last season, injuries, fitness? New players to bed in, hopefully our problems disappear by the business end of the season, when other teams get their problems.

Our drive ,when we have the ball, is non existent.

Our build up play is unbelievably slow and littered with negative passing i.e safe possession.

We don't hurt the opposition nearly enough.

No knee jerk reaction, this has been going on since the start of the season.

There are only a couple of players that seem to look like they’re switched on like Bassey, and thankfully Lundstram is turning out to be a better player than how he’s been described by many fans over the past weeks. I think those are the only two I’d give pass marks to.

Most of the squad just look completely disjointed and even if they’re trying to play their passing is all over the place.

The team look like they’re trying but nothing is working.

We’ve been fortunate in a couple of games and if it doesn’t improve we will drop points shortly. I can’t quite put my finger on what’s not working, as a lot have said though we really need to start testing keepers rather than trying to score the perfect goal.

I’m beginning to think Alfie and Roofe can’t play in the same team. I don’t see any partnership style play or even just passing to each other. This happened last season at times when they played together.

Nothing will convince me they enjoy playing together in fact they look as if they’ve fallen out given the lack of interplay between them. They’re on completely different wave lengths imo.

Not every game over a season of 38 games is going to be a total football 5-0 win.

If you’re looking for “swashbuckling” football but not a lot of success try Ange Baw.

Nothing wrong with expressing concerns but I’d assume the manager and his coaching staff know a bit more about the game than us.

We will go on a run at some point, we will win the league at a canter and qualify from our Europa group.

We’ve not even played a quarter of our matches in all competitions this season.

I don't understand anyone that cant see we've been utter gash all season. Somehow we're getting away with it
We’ve dropped five points in seven games and been put out the CL by a team with ten men.

We’ve got away with some of it, but it’s not been great either.

Back