Souleymane Coulibaly (ex Kilmarnock): Strange Situation

jaws73

Official Ticketer
I was just reading a 'where are they now?' article on the subject matter of top scorers in the FIFA World Cup, one of whom was Souleymane Coulibaly who had that short stellar spell at Kilmarnock which netted the Ayrshire club a bit of dough:

The Ivorian moved to Italy as a teenager. Following his impressive showing in the Mexico edition in which he scored nine of his country’s ten goals in just four games, he was on the move again to Tottenham. He then flitted between Italy and England’s lower leagues for first-team football.

He made people take notice at Kilmarnock with an array of outstanding strikes. After only six months, Egyptian giants Al Ahly parted with six-figures to beat rivals Zamalek to his signature. After six goals in nine games, the forward walked out on the club.

On 4 June 2017, Coulibaly posted on Twitter saying that he felt oppression and not safe in Egypt at Al Ahly, and that was why he left Egypt. After this tweet many African players that played for Al Ahly said that they felt safe and happy like Flávio Amado who said "what Coulibaly said made him laugh". Al-Ahly submitted a complaint to the International Football Federation (FIFA) after Coulibaly left the club and requested compensation.

He is apparently training with Hurlford United in order to keep fit and hoping to become a free agent.

A strange one indeed.

Killie done well out of that one indeed, a million quid a year or two ago. Must be the most expensive junior player in history.

I'd happily see us take a punt on him

He was sold for a million quid not so long ago. I thought he looked very decent up here, and he's went out to the Egyptian league and tore it a new arse before walking out

Still really young

Sadat this has happened to him.
God only knows why he wasn't Hapi, maybe he just couldn't Heket. Off his Nut to give up on the money but probably Thoth it Bes to move back to Scotland.

Some of his goals for Killie were belters, must've won at least a few Goal of the Month competitions. I wouldn't turn my nose up at us signing him if it became a possibility.

Back