Sounds like someone's leaving

He said that last week i took it things have changed? Or am i barking up the wrong tree?
I haven't actually watched today's press conference yet, but he sounded pretty assured in the past when he said no regulars would be leaving in January.

He said that last week i took it things have changed? Or am i barking up the wrong tree?
Barking up the wrong tree surely mate. He’s only just said it and I assume he’s been assured by the board that won’t happen. I’d expect a few to perhaps go once the league is one as we need to start making serious profits from our playing squad but that’s life I suppose. And we’ll be Champions!!!

He has stated numerous times that no-one (from the main group of players anyway) would be leaving.

Fringe players that have not featured will be leaving. I expect to see Jones, Middleton, Stewart and possibly Barker moving on.

Gregg Stewart going back to Aberdeen for game time. Contract up at end of season. Jones out on loan or sold. Edmondson being injured will affect any loan deal.

I hope we keep JJ and he's given one more chance. Had a great game at Fir Park last time out and has showed his class in Europe.
Barker and Stewart can go, Edmundson I quite like.

I hope we keep JJ and he's given one more chance. Had a great game at Fir Park last time out and has showed his class in Europe.
Barker and Stewart can go, Edmundson I quite like.
Nice goal at Fir Park, nice cross for Alfie in the EL. After that I’m struggling. Got another chance on the back of Fir Park and was mince,

A huge disappointment for me.

Even if a big player did go we couldn't exactly hold Gerrard accountable or anyone for that matter but it would need to be crazy money.

We are a business and everyone has a price if crazy money is offered and it makes good business sense then I could see it happening, I hope not but we are in the same position as every other club with assests, the price required to purchase me be different for others but it's all relative.

I can’t imagine that anyone from our main group of players would want to leave in January. The 1st team squad looks so together, I reckon they are all looking forward to winning this title so much that any move can wait until the summer.

Nice goal at Fir Park, nice cross for Alfie in the EL. After that I’m struggling. Got another chance on the back of Fir Park and was mince,

A huge disappointment for me.

Made a significant contribution against FC Midtjylland before he supplied the assist to take us in to the EL Groups in what was a tough game v Legia, that was a crucial contribution in the journey.
No doubt his Rangers career has been disappointing to date, but I think he can be a player for us. I'd like to see him given game time over Barker at least. Will trust SG whatever he decides.

Hopefully It's just agents trying their luck. And as above, would seriously doubt any offers will be listened to regarding our top players.

In the press conference today SG states phones becoming red hot and interest in our players growing

Hopefully just fringe players

Could really do with keeping this group together until the end of the season
Could just be a message to other teams looking at our players to say "You arent the only ones and if you want our players, you are going to have to pay through the nose because as far as I am concerned they aint going anywhere other than up those stairs to pick up the league title"

He has said nobody from the main group is leaving and I hope that is solid. I would hate to lose any of our core players at this stage. That said, we haven't even heard the slightest bit of noise lately on the main players.

I'd imagine there is a few of the fringe players that will go out on loan or be moved on though. Few of those players alone would generate a lot of interest. Hopefully some of them move on to other Scottish teams and seriously mess Celtic up.

We should take it as a compliment that other teams are interested in our players.
Still doesn’t seem that long ago Ian Black was seen as a key midfielder...
(shudder)

In the press conference today SG states phones becoming red hot and interest in our players growing

Hopefully just fringe players

Could really do with keeping this group together until the end of the season
We still have too many non-contributors, we could say bye bye to 3/4 with no negative effect on our season.

I think he might sell off 4 or 5 regular starters just to keep the league interesting....

Seriously he will not want to weaken the squad one single bit as he has stated before and I doubt any player will really want to leave on the cusp of such a momentous achievement.

Would not mind Jones going to Aberdeen on loan, he could play against them and could get his value up for selling him in the summer.
I saw it mentioned on SSN there - something about Gerrard saying we could loan Aberdeen a player, with regard to the Wright deal. Missed the full quote.

As you say, JJ on loan to the sheep would be a decent move for all parties.

I think a fringe player like Jordon Jones may well go but no one from the main group will leave before the summer when I expect both Morelos and Kamara to move on

Back