Sounds like the manager sticking with Katic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niko has maybe got the bad game out his system, let’s hope so. If he plays and I think he will he needs to be at the top of his game as does everyone. This is where managers stand or fall by their decisions, it what they are paid the big bucks for. So go on Big man get it lifted and let’s all be talking about you for the right reasons....and give us a goal....we will be watching.

Good man management though I still think he'll be off in summer and this is just gerrard preventing burning bridges till he's away. I don't think he has ever really fancied Katic with him being pulled from the team so often in the past.

Katic had a horrendous game no question about it but he's a good player who has done a lot of good for us. I was one of those that wanted Katic back in the team when Gerrard shunned him out so I'm glad we're sticking with him for now but whatever went wrong on Sunday he has to sort out ASAP, his performance that day was complete and utter shit - but that's not the Katic we're used to having. Something was off that day.
He was offered and signed a new contract.

I still believe gerrards comment on Sunday about getting helander back sharpish is so there’s competition for places so people up there game to stay in the squad. I like big Niko and hopefully Sunday is his only horror game that we see for a while

It is rather embarrassing, people have agendas and have made their minds up and nothing will convince them otherwise.

I find it embarrassing that anyone can look at those post match comments on Sunday and not conclude he’s been treated poorly. Bottom line is we never heard crap like that when his defensive partner sold us up the river in the Ibrox OF game, or at Pittodrie, or in Rotterdam. Likewise when Tav had a run of games where he seemed desperate to gift wrap goals for the opposition, costing us dear at Tynecastle and in Bern (we never even heard with Worrall if it’s necessary to add a third example). But when Katic blunders he gets a back handed comment where the manager implies he can’t wait to replace him with an injured player.

It is absolutely clear as day, but much like people imply folk have made up their mind and will defend Katic regardless (and really no ones defending his recent performances, they’ve been poor and Sunday was absolutely catastrophic), you’ve got Goldson (or Gerrard) acolytes who’ve decided neither of the two can do any wrong and as such are choosing to ignore evidence of favouritism so clear David Blunkett could spot it.

Anyway, reading Gerrard’s latest comments I’m glad he’s said what he’s said, but it does read like he’s perhaps rethought his post match comments and felt some guilt about hanging his player out to dry.

I find it embarrassing that anyone can look at those post match comments on Sunday and not conclude he’s been treated poorly. Bottom line is we never heard crap like that when his defensive partner sold us up the river in the Ibrox OF game, or at Pittodrie, or in Rotterdam. Likewise when Tav had a run of games where he seemed desperate to gift wrap goals for the opposition, costing us dear at Tynecastle and in Bern (we never even heard with Worrall if it’s necessary to add a third example). But when Katic blunders he gets a back handed comment where the manager implies he can’t wait to replace him with an injured player.

It is absolutely clear as day, but much like people imply folk have made up their mind and will defend Katic regardless (and really no ones defending his recent performances, they’ve been poor and Sunday was absolutely catastrophic), you’ve got Goldson (or Gerrard) acolytes who’ve decided neither of the two can do any wrong and as such are choosing to ignore evidence of favouritism so clear David Blunkett could spot it.

Anyway, reading Gerrard’s latest comments I’m glad he’s said what he’s said, but it does read like he’s perhaps rethought his post match comments and felt some guilt about hanging his player out to dry.
An accurate summation of events.
Gerrard is a young manager and a passionate manager,he'll have errors of judgement,as he did post match on Sunday.

He'll learn.

I like big Katic and he's a threat in the opposition box attacking wise! However he had an absolute stinker v St Johnstone. Hope he puts it right tonight and smashes a diving header in.

Glad to hear this from Gerrard. Fully expected him to chuck the boy under the bus again.

And we had Kris Boyd saying it was the worst performance by a Rangers defender ever :D

It wasn't far off. Doesn't mean we shouldn't get behind him, it happens. We know he's better than that performance.

Too much time on FF has literally sent you sociopathic, bud. You are describing your own posts there.

Yes but guess what ...he is a right sided defender being asked to play on the left.
As long as he partners Goldson, he will never play his natural position.
I wonder how Connor Goldson would fare, if he had to play there?
We'll never know as I think Goldson picks the team.

Think you're spot on with the last paragraph.

Maybe a failing of a young manager straight after a bad game and he actually gives a f**k?

That won't please the ones who were demanding Katić is replaced with Edmundson - a lad that's made 7 appearances in all competitions for Rangers and struggled on his last outing.

As for Katić mistakes. No worse than McGregor, Tavernier, Kamara or Goldson this season. Only Kamara has seen the criticism Katić received. Go figure...
Agree totally, those screaming for Edmundson really are clueless, he has never played at this level, and is nowhere near ready.

Yes but guess what ...he is a right sided defender being asked to play on the left.
As long as he partners Goldson, he will never play his natural position.
I wonder how Connor Goldson would fare, if he had to play there?
While I acknowledge that Katic was horrendous at the weekend ......Yet again with Gerrard, Goldson escapes criticism .... The senior player in the partnership who is playing in his natural position seems to get a free pass every time !!!

He looked like a 3 year old chasing a balloon on a windy day on Sunday. We can only hope he is back to his best on a better playing surface.

Fair comments. Katic is a great player who had a poor game, he’ll do very well with us and will make the club a healthy profit when he eventually moves on.

That won't please the ones who were demanding Katić is replaced with Edmundson - a lad that's made 7 appearances in all competitions for Rangers and struggled on his last outing.

As for Katić mistakes. No worse than McGregor, Tavernier, Kamara or Goldson this season. Only Kamara has seen the criticism Katić received. Go figure...

Gerrard has received more abuse than anybody, for the individual mistakes by the players you mention, as well as underperforming players taking turns.

I’m more than comfortable with Katic playing tonight.

We have 2 options and, psychological issues aside, he is the better option given the opposition.
I hope his midfield give him the protection he is undoubtedly going to need against a very capable side.

Like Katic and a decent threat at corners. He isn't that young though so needs to take responsibility though I don't think he has a problem with that.

Like Katic and a decent threat at corners. He isn't that young though so needs to take responsibility though I don't think he has a problem with that.

He's young for a centre back. They tend to peak later than other positions.

Smart move by the manager to publically bump up his confidence somewhat before the match. Whether he believes in Katic or not doesn't really matter. Until we have a viable alternative, he's the best of a the two potential partners to CG.

Katic has the capability of being a good defender. But he needs to learn how to keep a cool head if he makes a mistake, as all defenders do. To me, he seems to develop a sense of desperation under pressure which leads in turn to further errors. If he can develop calmness and concentration over 90 minutes, I think he can come good for us. But to be honest at the age of 23, I would expect him to be a more “rounded” player than he is.

Would be crazy to throw Nico in tonight. Form is terrible and another performance like Sunday would put him back for rest of season. Game is to important, one mistake he would never be allowed to forget it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back