Souness getting it now

Has Alex Scott had her tuppence worth yet? Playing the gobby geezer girl wif an attitude bit, a real sickener. Oh, forgot about poor Eilidh Barbour! She'll be fit to be tied with Souey's comment, she'll be outraged and disappointed with the comment all at the same time!

She played 144 times for England apparently. Never heard of her.

Just googled her. Indeed 144 appearances for England. Yet , if the page is correct, only
178 league appearances over 13 years with four clubs - Arsenal, Chicago, Birmingham & Chelsea.
I suppose that might be down to how many games are played in a season in the Women's League.
In my opinion She is a very poor pundit - if She is co-commentator on a radio coverage of a match I turn it off.

Really doesn't bother me pal, will never go to a female match unless my Niece wants to go.

You seem fixated with it meanwhile - I haven't defended it at all for 2 weeks. You though at a rough guess have commented on this thread over 15 times on a Sunday night!

2 weeks, so the last time you defended it was the last time it was in the news.

I just think I echo the views of the majority. Let them get on with it if they want.

But please, don’t cause a shitstorm over an old man saying something completely nondescript on telly

Leeds play Chelsea on Sky next Sunday.
Given Carney's comments that the covid break aided Leeds promotion I wonder if she'll be a studio guest there?!

It isn't just "a tweet from a nobody" though, is it? It's trending 2nd in the UK, there's literally thousands of people tweeting about it and slating him for it. Including high profile female players like Ene Aluko.
High profile female players excuse me you can't say female.

2 weeks, so the last time you defended it was the last time it was in the news.

I just think I echo the views of the majority. Let them get on with it if they want.

But please, don’t cause a shitstorm over an old man saying something completely nondescript on telly
If you hadn't looked at the internet after Souness said what he said you'd more than likely not have heard any more of it.

We have the option to not look at social media at the end of the day. It's 99% utter bollocks and not worth bothering most of the time, especially if nonsense will wind you up.

It isn't just "a tweet from a nobody" though, is it? It's trending 2nd in the UK, there's literally thousands of people tweeting about it and slating him for it. Including high profile female players like Ene Aluko.

If you look on Facebook, there’s high profile football discussion pages saying things to the effect of “OMG Did Souness actually just say that?!?”

If you hadn't looked at the internet after Souness said what he said you'd more than likely not have heard any more of it.

We have the option to not look at social media at the end of the day. It's 99% utter bollocks and not worth bothering most of the time, especially if nonsense will wind you up.

But, as you know, the internet drives the agenda now.

In the last few weeks we’ve seen Celtic fans singing a song about the deaths of Rangers figures. Scarcely a peep.

Compare and contrast with how it would be if the boot was on the other foot - and we know that from the past from some admitedly crass songs.

The internet reaction completely and utterly drives the agenda now. It makes the headlines. Even stories about a cafe closing ….”one user posted….”, “another said….”

You cannot just “ignore” the internet and if you do you have already lost the “dirty war”

Just wait until the lgbtq mob get in and supercede actual woman with regard to his comment.

As for carney, how does she imagine she'd have fared prime carney v prime souness?

Stop being a stupid wee girl,souness is a world football legend, you are some burd ticking a box.

Made a "man's game" comment at the end of the Chelsea game there. Twitter currently in meltdown because his fellow pundit was some female footballer. It's a well known (and factual) turn of phrase ffs, honestly what the f*ck is it with these people?!

Sadly wouldn't be surprised if Sky get rid now.
Souness is correct shut thread

But, as you know, the internet drives the agenda now.

In the last few weeks we’ve seen Celtic fans singing a song about the deaths of Rangers figures. Scarcely a peep.

Compare and contrast with how it would be if the boot was on the other foot - and we know that from the past from some admitedly crass songs.

The internet reaction completely and utterly drives the agenda now. It makes the headlines. Even stories about a cafe closing ….”one user posted….”, “another said….”

You cannot just “ignore” the internet and if you do you have already lost the “dirty war”
Got other far more serious things going on pal than bothering with all that.

Haven't seen what Souness said, but in general, I really don't get today's world where everyone is looking for an excuse to be offended. Think people are getting soft.

I googled Souness and the amount of stuff that’s came up with people saying he’s a disgrace, he’s a dinosaur and they need to get rid of him Is laughable.

The country is going in to meltdown because he called the game a man’s game, so do we stop calling the woman’s game woman’s football? Do we just stick to calling it football?

Last edited:
Let’s just call it for what it is.

I have no problem with female analysts, female pundits. Some of them are not bad.

But we live in an age now where it’s a pre-requisite.

You cannot watch a premier league game, BT sport, Sky, where female analysts and pundits or commentators aren’t front and centre.

We’ve all gone a bit crazy. By all means give someone a platform if they can speak sense on the game, regardless of race or gender.

What we’re exposed to now isn’t that, it’s pure insistence on “positive discrimination”
It’s more than a bit crazy. It’s completely and utterly bonkers. Maybe we should have such positive discrimination for players who have only played National League and allowing them to analyse EPL games too!

Last edited:
Like, this is a perfect example. Men are supposed to sit there and pretend like we know who this Karen actually is. I don’t know what I care less about - her career or the face she’s pulling on the legend that is Mr Souness.

The MSM despise men. Especially football men. We are the worst.
The media loved that England women's win. Because they could use it a stick to beat the mens team. Not fair on the women or the men really.
Oh well, no point in going to Qatar for me now, apparently that's it the waits over , footballs come home

I googled Souness and the amount of stuff that’s came up with people saying he’s a disgrace, he’s a dinosaur and they need to get rid of him of him
Is laughable.

The country is going in to meltdown because he called the game a man’s game, so do we stop calling the woman’s game woman’s football? Do we just stick to calling it football?
That’s ultimately what I think they want. Calling it woman’s football means it’s different from just football .

Grahame Souness has said nothing wrong ? It’s a man’s game for sure! %^*& off you creepy lesbian pony tailed weirdo’s .
%^*& off and ruin some other sport - there’s always hockey or knitting .

If they want just Football, no separate leagues, that would be the worst thing for womens football just now.
It's s separate leagues and after loving the women's games in the summer this is really pissing me off.

Their going after Souness for made up sexism and you decide to add actual sexism, truly bizarre.
I have no objection to woman summarisers on football They talk as much shite as most of their male colleagues.My main objection is the forced introduction of woman into the role. If Sky ever get the right to show live baw scratching they will have two blonde woman telling us they are not doing it right

The solution to all this is simple. Do away with differentiated men and women's sports and just make it mixed. The best people reach the top.

Or would women not want that level of equality?
They want the ‘equality’ that suits them. Never hear women demanding equal opportunities to be bricklayers, joiners, electricians, construction workers in general, deep sea fishermen (fisher people!), window cleaners, etc.

All these woke fuckers are arseholes. They believe their feelings are superior to everyone else’s , who cares that someone is offended by something? and when did it matter that the offended persons rights are superior to others?

World is full of entitled shitebag pussies who are really evil bully bastards as they encourage a pile on and try and get people ‘cancelled’.

Back