Souness on McCoist return - “Anything is possible. He was very popular,”

Ally was the most unfortunate manager in our history.

When he stated he had the Euro debacle but then had the best start to a league in decades
His team were flying.
Then the Whyte impact the Naisy injury stupid loss at Killie

But then I also remember the tims coming to our place to win the title and Allys team found a performance.

The lower league stuff was tough for him (and us all).....

Always will be one of our greatest players but he cant come back as manager for his and possibly our sake.
An unfortunate lack of ability and an unwillingness to improve was what really impeded Ally

It shows you how out of touch ex-Rangers employees are these days (there's many an example and it is mainly to support their buddies).

Laughable. McCoist never was and never will be a manager.

Certainly don’t think booting the ball at McCoist’s bare arse would improve Windass’ finishing.

Nothing could help his aim!

I swear his first shot on goal was so pathetic I have seen harder hit pass backs!

His later attempts were just as woeful!

Exactly. He gave a politically vague answer to a leading question. He's hardly likely to come out and say "no chance".

There's a lot of people on this thread that need to calm down. Souness wasn't suggesting that Ally was the best or first choice. He just responded to a question about one of Brazil's co-hosts. Most listeners would realise that he wasn't keen on the suggestion.

It doesn't matter. The same bitter dick heads will gleefully take the opportunity to post the same pish they've posted again and again and again. Some manchildren on here can't see his name without stamping their feet and lashing out like petulant teenagers. It can't be very good for their acne.

;)
Jesus. I sometimes think the only period of his life when souness knew anything about our fans was from the day Murray brought him in till the day he went back to his true love in football................................

Okay I'LL bite. It was David Holmes that brought Souness to Rangers;)

Remember that episode of The Prisoner where No. 6 manages, after great stress and strain, to escape his purgatory only to climb out his box in the last scene and find he hadn’t got away after all - he was still slap bang in the midst of his hell. That is what a McCoist return would feel like. The horrors of today are like Thai massages from Scarlett Johannsen compared to losing to Stirling Albion and Annan and listening to Ally’s gibberish.

Graeme Souness has told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, which was broadcast on TalkSPORT on 23rd October, that he would not rule out a Glasgow Rangers return for Ally McCoist.

Caixinha now appears to be under serious pressure at Rangers, with many suggesting that he should be dismissed.

And Souness has suggested that he wouldn’t be too surprised if McCoist returned as boss at Ibrox.

“Anything is possible. He was very popular,” Souness said. “I know there was something that was over money, but that’s for other people to decide.

"He did a job under difficult circumstances there, but I just want it sorted out. A good Rangers would be good for Celtic.”

Souness hasn't got a clue, not one Rangers fan I know wanted him to get the gig in the first place and he certainly wasn't popular when he left.

All of a sudden Souness talks shite does he?

Don't care whether it is Smith,McCoist, McLeish, I'm all for bringing back 'whoever' who has the proven winning Rangers pride and spirit which is sadly lacking. No sorry, it is not lacking, it is fekken non-existent!! We will never get back to the top in Scotland with management teams that are alien to our clubs ethos and culture. All you 'fans' that want to carry on 'experimenting' with the club and 'won't be back' can fekk right off for there are plenty bears to fill your seats until you come crawling back when success comes back.
Is there a full moon the day?

Sounds like he was set up with a loaded question one thing about Souness the players he signed were very good.

This thread has shown up a lot of fans on here who will not entertain the thought of going back to former managers such as Smith and Big Eck along with younger coaches with their proven Rangers winning mentality. I find it baffling. We had a winning formula right up to when we were dumped down the leagues. Now we have what can be defined as below mediocre.

Our teams have been absolutely gutless these past two seasons. No fight, no passion, nothing!! They know zilch about being a Ranger!! We shall stumble from one humiliation to another with pish management teams such as the last two, the sort that fans on this thread crave. Fucken disgraceful that we have not strung 3 successive wins against the dross that is below us in the league. How the hell can a supporter put up with such shite! We will not be anywhere near Aberdeen for second until we change!

Graeme Souness has told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, which was broadcast on TalkSPORT on 23rd October, that he would not rule out a Glasgow Rangers return for Ally McCoist.

Caixinha now appears to be under serious pressure at Rangers, with many suggesting that he should be dismissed.

And Souness has suggested that he wouldn’t be too surprised if McCoist returned as boss at Ibrox.

“Anything is possible. He was very popular,” Souness said. “I know there was something that was over money, but that’s for other people to decide.

"He did a job under difficult circumstances there, but I just want it sorted out. A good Rangers would be good for Celtic.”

A good Rangers side would be good for Rangers.....f@ck Sellick.

Th

That just shows souness up as completely ignorant of what has happened with McCost
And if he’s that ignorant that shows to me he hasn’t had any interest in rangers

All of a sudden Souness talks shite does he?

Don't care whether it is Smith,McCoist, McLeish, I'm all for bringing back 'whoever' who has the proven winning Rangers pride and spirit which is sadly lacking. No sorry, it is not lacking, it is fekken non-existent!! We will never get back to the top in Scotland with management teams that are alien to our clubs ethos and culture. All you 'fans' that want to carry on 'experimenting' with the club and 'won't be back' can fekk right off for there are plenty bears to fill your seats until you come crawling back when success comes back.
As this thread is about McCoist as a manager do you think he has the managerial ethos to take the club back to the top given his out and out failure in his tenure as manager. McCoist has never had and never will have the talent or ability to be a success as a manager of Rangers, his track record says it all.

This thread has shown up a lot of fans on here who will not entertain the thought of going back to former managers such as Smith and Big Eck along with younger coaches with their proven Rangers winning mentality. I find it baffling. We had a winning formula right up to when we were dumped down the leagues. Now we have what can be defined as below mediocre.

Our teams have been absolutely gutless these past two seasons. No fight, no passion, nothing!! They know zilch about being a Ranger!! We shall stumble from one humiliation to another with pish management teams such as the last two, the sort that fans on this thread crave. Fucken disgraceful that we have not strung 3 successive wins against the dross that is below us in the league. How the hell can a supporter put up with such shite! We will not be anywhere near Aberdeen for second until we change!
We did.not have a winning formula. Dumped out of 2 Euro tournaments, and the gap in the league widening

Souness lives in England and has no real perception of Scottish football, except what he sees on the telly. Good intentions but he hasn't got a clue.

An unfortunate lack of ability and an unwillingness to improve was what really impeded Ally

I would doubt very much he was unwilling
Perhaps not capable

But as a player he really only played at a high level
Played for some good managers and a great one.

Football management 90+ % is about timing
Walter gets the gig with a team to die for
Ally gets a season gets whyte, then has 6 pros to work with.

Im not saying he was good bad or indifferent but even the most hardend hater can see circumstance played its part.

Back