Souness v Mo Johnston

The vermin won that day with 2 penalties.

Souness was past his peak with us, but he was still an absolutely majestic footballer.

love it. I’m not old enough to remember him playing but love seeing clips like that

Takes you back to school boy football
If you had the best player in your team, you would win..
Souness was simply the best footballer in Scotland at that time and yes I include all other Rangers players into account when I say that

Superb. The filth fans hated Souness. Mainly because he treated them with the contempt they so richly deserved. Even though we never had him at his peak, he was still an outstanding footballer.

Exactly this.
He knew he was better than them, so did they and boy did they hate him for that.

Never seen much of him as a player other than clips, videos etc. but always looked like he took no shit from the filth players or fans.

Hard to finds the words to describe this.
EnlightenedHonorableDogwoodtwigborer-max-1mb.gif

A pity it was so late in his playing when he came to us. He was a magnificent player who could hold his own with anyone in his prime.

I grew up watching Souness on English TV with administration a plenty...What a footballer?
Him signing to become The Rangers players manager was the stuff of dreams.

As much as I'll never forgive Souness for leaving us, and for the comments he made at that point, there's no denying he was a supremely skilled player.

I've never saw that clip before but it made me laugh. Men against boys, and funnier, at the era where Celtc goal keepers resembled Dracula in being scared of crosses! :D :D :D

The second clip was used in the season video at the time with the cheesey music that was rolled out for a few years!

Hard to finds the words to describe this.
EnlightenedHonorableDogwoodtwigborer-max-1mb.gif

My favourite game against them.
GS ran the entire show. Put Aitken on his backside early doors and laid down the marker.
I'd go as far as to say it's the best midfield display I've seen from a Rangers player in one match in all my years following the Gers.

This was the same day Souness came out before the match and warmed up in front of the jungle. The tims were all going mental as he slowly and deliberately went through his warm up routine in front of them, it was fantastic to watch.

After this game and the Dundee Utd game a few days earlier it felt like we were going to push on and win the league that year. The Graham Roberts signing at that time gave us a big lift.

Back