Souness

Souness has spoken many times about trying to sign his first catholic player.

Never once has he mentioned Steve Clarke as that guy. He's mentioned the likes of Houghton and John Collins but never him.

Davie Hay tried to sign him for Celtic but I'm skeptical as hell that Souness tried to sign him for us.

Souness,as was proven,wanted a high profile Catholic to prove his point.No way would it have been Clarke

Knowing Alex Smith I doubt very much he would have advised Clarke, or anyone for that matter, not to sign for Rangers. And certainly not for religious reasons.

Knowing Alex Smith I doubt very much he would have advised Clarke, or anyone for that matter, not to sign for Rangers. And certainly not for religious reasons.

Agreed it would be great if Alec smith came out and said that Clarke is lying throughout his teeth .

Would be good if someone at the club verified this, if it didn’t happen we need to know.
Could be it was agent talk, whether Souness ever made the call is something else.

Souness has spoken many times about trying to sign his first catholic player.

Never once has he mentioned Steve Clarke as that guy. He's mentioned the likes of Houghton and John Collins but never him.

Davie Hay tried to sign him for Celtic but I'm skeptical as hell that Souness tried to sign him for us.

Back