Souter again

Didn’t think he was anything special today but he’s clearly a very decent defender when he stays injury free.

On a free I think we should be showing interest, the slot Simpson has should be taken by a Scottish defender
Good point. The price. I’d pay 2m. It’s the SPFL we’re trying to win and get £40m spondoolits not the EPL or la liga.

I would take him, he is decent with the ball at his feet. He is certainly better than Simpson.

He is out of contract at the end of the season. Could probably get him in January for a couple hundred grand.

Outstanding today. I’d take him. His positioning, blocking and use of his body was excellent. Intelligent out and out defender. He should certainly get a game for Scotland and I’d take him at Rangers.
I thought he got away with a lot of subtitle fouls on Alfie but then again you could say that is a skill in itself

Would be interested to know why?
Me too

Simplest argument is that he’s English and left footed so if he was to improve here we could turn an easy profit. However he was also interested in taking him on loan before we got Joe Worral so he must have seen the quality in him which the rest of us haven’t been able to see. Ultimately a very poor signing

If we had a decent striker or Roofe on from the start we would have scored three or four today, Hearts defence benefitted from us having no one on who could trouble them.

He plays for hearts which automatically makes him not good enough for us for a lot on here.

I’d 100% be looking at signing him on a free.

He’s a good siege defender - however, he’s not good enough with the ball at his feet as was displayed when he shelled it out the park multiple times yeterday - I am hopeful Leon King or one of the other younge centre half becomes a decent option as signing Halkett / Souttar / Porteous doesn’t fill me with joy.

Our 4th choice centre back is always going to be a bit dodgy, hence them being 4th choice.

We are unlikely to sign a centre half of the same calibre as Goldson / Helander who isn't going to play often.

Hence why we have had folk like Edmundson and Simpson for that squad role.

I doubt Soutter or Halkett would want to come to us to play that role, they will want first team football elsewhere and probably get as much money for it in England.

Back