Souttar and Lowry Squad Numbers

scoot4nat

Official Ticketer
I noticed that neither player has a squad number listed on the website. Lowry obviously wore 51 last season. I wonder if he’s eyeing up 11 which was vacated by Itten.

Souttar wore 4 at Hearts but there’s a lack of available traditional defensive numbers so possible he wears 12?

They really haven't! Remember the year we made a big deal out of giving Fleck the number 10 shirt then never played him in that role?

I don’t actually but wouldn’t surprise me. But they do infact mean nowt.

What about our current number 10? What does that mean about his position?

Number 9 is a teams main striker… really? Diallo last year?

Numbers mean fück all other than sentimental value or preference for the player. That’s been the case for years! Advocaat time era probably.

I noticed that neither player has a squad number listed on the website. Lowry obviously wore 51 last season. I wonder if he’s eyeing up 11 which was vacated by Itten.

Souttar wore 4 at Hearts but there’s a lack of available traditional defensive numbers so possible he wears 12?
12 hasn't been used for a few years. Number was retired in honour of the fans.

I don’t actually but wouldn’t surprise me. But they do infact mean nowt.

What about our current number 10? What does that mean about his position?

Number 9 is a teams main striker… really? Diallo last year?

Numbers mean fück all other than sentimental value or preference for the player. That’s been the case for years! Advocaat time era probably.
Buffel number 4

I thought we retired no 12?

Souttar wore 44 at Dundee Utd.. maybe that again if there's no first team number.

squad numbers haven’t meant anything for about 25 yrs :))
While I get your overall point, I don’t think they’re meaningless because no teams have strikers wearing a 2 for instance, no outfield players wear 1, no centre half is sporting the number 9.

So they do have some feet all purpose even if it’s mostly tradition.

While I get your overall point, I don’t think they’re meaningless because no teams have strikers wearing a 2 for instance, no outfield players wear 1, no centre half is sporting the number 9.

So they do have some feet all purpose even if it’s mostly tradition.

Clint Dempsey was the striker who wore number 2 for spurs.

Our own number 6 has been a defender, midfielder and striker in the last 10-15 yrs.

Generally - numbers mean nowt other than preference to a player.

Talking of Souttar - unless i am mistaken i haven't seen him in any of the Portugal training videos. Is he over there??

Back