Souttar booed at tynecastle tonight when his name read out and at start of game

Haha seriously ?

Souttar at Tynecastle, Wright at Pittodrie…
Who do these little club supporters think they are ? :D Begruding their players the chance to play for the biggest club in Scotland ?

I cannot imagine booing one of our players if we knew he was on the way to Real Madrid or something

What about a manager that left to sign Coutinho and Suarez? Nobody on here seems bitter about that one. :D

Looks like some of you still think it's the mid 90s when it comes to the Hearts support.
I’ll admit to being like that as never seemed to have any trouble and we classed them as Edinburgh’s Rangers and Hibs as Celtic to make comparisons to people who never knew about Scottish football.
It would seem that is a mid 90’s thought now apart from Hibs can still fill half of Hampden with half of the Glasgow east end tramps being among them.

Beat the filth then if Hearts get greedy, a hamstring “injury” that keeps him out for 5he season!

There is an element of the Hearts support who see us as their biggest rivals, even hate us more than Hibs. Sad, tragic, angry wee teuchters.
Mental, I know we should be flattered but can't understand these fans of these wee clubs who imagine this big rivalry with us.

Aberdeen fans are the worst for it but it's crept in with Dundee Utd,Hibs, and Hearts fans aswell.

Looks like some of you still think it's the mid 90s when it comes to the Hearts support.

I have been overseas mostly since then so maybe misty-eyed remembering the days their supporter's bus would come to Paisley and drink with us before going to Ibrox. Also, our trips into the Hearts club at Haymarket were treated very well with the minor exceptions to a few loyalist songs sung in their club and that was the older ones who were and would be with free bus passes.
I do have a few Jambo mates and out of 10 of them I can only say one for some reason would take them over us - he is a twat to be fair in more regards to his football team )

Let me put it this way if ever in Edinburgh I do avoid the sunshine spoon-burning side of town.

Two points. The first being the view you have of Hearts is very much a generation thing. Older bears will have positive views of them due to the Hearts support you know are no lovers of them or Nats.
The second point is the sheer hypocrisy of these arseholes booing Souttar. He’s leaving for a salary that will dwarf anything offered by Hearts and if he progresses could see him being able to earn even more. These dicks booing would I presume knock back any new job offer that would substantially increase their wages, like fûck they would. I would also add that I am of the same opinion when our star players move on. Good luck to them it’s a short career.

Let them boo him and make him unplayable for them. Surely all it does is drive his value down and make hearts more likely to agree to sell him now.

Hearts fans have an extremely deep rooted hatred of the filth, their hatred for us doesn’t even come close. Any jambos I know, and I have quite a few very good jambos mates, despise that club as much as any of us.

I might have got carried away with the assault comment, however, souttar would already be out the door if he signed a pre contract with the scum.
2012 changed the way we view most opposition fans.
Celtic,Aberdeen,Hibs,Dundee Utd and for some reason St Mirren have always been hated. Motherwell, in more recent times have also come into that category (for me anyway), the rest I was pretty ambivalent towards.

Now, I hate every last motherfvcking one of them, from Stranraer in the south to Ross Co in the North and every cvnt in between.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it's the same as past generations where Hearts and Rangers fans are all pally (although in saying that someone walking in to a hearts pub with a rangers scarf would get less grief than someone wearing green and grey imo) and yes some hearts fans hate us and probably have equal feelings towards us and them.

However on an overall basis, the tims are more disliked by hearts compared to us. And that's also in recent times - probably a lot to do with Lennon / Griffiths / Brown.

Anyway the original point I replied to was that Souttar wouldn't get booed had he signed a pre-contract with the tims. That is absolute horseshit.

He was booed every time he touched the ball, not just when his name was read out. Appalling really.

I wouldn’t be burning any money bringing Souttar in during January. Not that I don’t rate him, just that CB isn’t an immediate need at the moment with Goldson hitting form, Balogun and Helander fit and Bassey a lot more experienced at playing the position.

Right Wing and another Arfield type midfielder would be absolute priorities for me with any cash we have available.

Only way I’d consider moving for Souttar now was if there was a wild late bid for Goldson and we needed to do something at the 11th hour.

Small club mentality.

Compare and contrast to Nathan Patterson. Yet to hear a bad word said about him from a Rangers fan. It has all been praise and well wishes. Every post on social media is full of good luck messages. Even Everton fans have said how refreshing it is to see the support from Rangers fans.

Think we have to accept that there is a generation,( or two, or three generations ) of fans that have bought into the tale that Rangers are the Demons that have ruined their dreams and Celtc are their cuddly, downtrodden, helpful friends that can never do wrong.
Celtc are the Ned Flanders of the game - albeit without his good sense.

A player movers to Rangers =“ Traitor, Let the Club down, sold his soul” etc.

Move to Celtc and its “ good for his career“ and “at least he’ll help them beat the Rangers (newcomer / secco, insert any they use).

We have no friends or allies in the SFPL, and precious few in the lower leagues.

Same Hearts fans who were backing Hibs to beat us in the 2016 Cup Final?

You jest, surely.

And without evidence, i'm absolutely going to call that utter bullshit.

Every single Jambo i know was utterly gutted that we'd allowed the spoonwarmers to remove that 100+ year albatross from around their necks.

Still diddy cu*nts, mind you.

Spoke to a Hearts fan today at work and asked him if he booed John Souttar and he said he did. Laid into him for his tinpot behaviour. Embarrassing and can’t imagine booing Goldson if he signed a pre contract with another team.

Folk are kidding themselves on if a Rangers player who signed a pre contract somewhere else wouldn’t get the same treatment at Ibrox by a large few.

It’ll be good to see how he plays above it. Good for the strong mentality.

Spoke to a Hearts fan today at work and asked him if he booed John Souttar and he said he did. Laid into him for his tinpot behaviour. Embarrassing and can’t imagine booing Goldson if he signed a pre contract with another team.
Folk are kidding themselves on if a Rangers player who signed a pre contract somewhere else wouldn’t get the same treatment at Ibrox by a large few.

It’ll be good to see how he plays above it. Good for the strong mentality.
There were a few folk trying to boo Goldson in the first game after his LC semi interview. If he signs a pre-contract this month he'll get hounded.

Back