Souttar out of Hearts cup squad

300,000 is a sizeable chunk of money (if bbc figure is accurate)
Rangers can’t be just throwing that away especially when we have so much dead wood in the squad
“Throwing it away” assumes he doesn’t improve our team though. We will have more injuries and suspensions and potentially covid problems. Helander will be weeks away from being fully fit and even then there’s no guarantee he stays fit. Balogun is quite injury prone and probably not as good a player as Souttar imo.

Souttar plays ahead of Balogun and Bassey and provides cover/competition for Helander when he's fit again. I'd be happy with £300k to get him in now and settled.
The devil will be in the detail of any deal we agree with hearts to bring him in now.

A big stumbling block could and should be any sell on clause that forms part of the deal to bring him in early - considering we get him lock stock and barrel for hew haw in June without any of hearts demands attached - why should we give hearts fee just now with a large percentage of any future transfer fee added as a condition of sale for what is basically 16 weeks of football left of the season - we should offer a small cash only deal with us reiterating that not accepting our offer would cost hearts money in wages until he becomes a Rangers player

With Balogun back and Helander close, it's probably the one position we don't need to strengthen this window.

With Goldson possibly going and Helander having only returned to contact training this week it's no bad thing to have Souttar settled for next season when we might go straight into Euro games with a new defence.

We also have the option then to shift Bassey back to the left this season. I think it's a wise move of its not prohibitively expensive

“Throwing it away” assumes he doesn’t improve our team though. We will have more injuries and suspensions and potentially covid problems. Helander will be weeks away from being fully fit and even then there’s no guarantee he stays fit. Balogun is quite injury prone and probably not as good a player as Souttar imo.
and when is King going to get game time?
We have cover is what I’m saying, goldson leaves to be replaced by souttar in summer

With Goldson possibly going and Helander having only returned to contact training this week it's no bad thing to have Souttar settled for next season when we might go straight into Euro games with a new defence.

We also have the option then to shift Bassey back to the left this season. I think it's a wise move of its not prohibitively expensive

If he comes for £150k or something like that, I'm fine with it.
He's a very good back up central defender.

There's absolutely no need to pay more than that to get him in this window though.

If (and I know it's an if) Helander and Balogun stay fit, how often is Souttar going to realistically partner Goldson this season?

The devil will be in the detail of any deal we agree with hearts to bring him in now.

A big stumbling block could and should be any sell on clause that forms part of the deal to bring him in early - considering we get him lock stock and barrel for hew haw in June without any of hearts demands attached - why should we give hearts fee just now with a large percentage of any future transfer fee added as a condition of sale for what is basically 16 weeks of football left of the season - we should offer a small cash only deal with us reiterating that not accepting our offer would cost hearts money in wages until he becomes a Rangers player
There's no chance we would agree to sell on clauses.

Tbf, Souttar is better than Balogun and Helander whilst brilliant has been out a while so might take a bit of time to get back to his best.

Not a chance Souttar is better than a fit Balogun mate.

Balogun is quicker, better in the air and reads situations better.

Souttar's distribution is better certainly, but defensively Balogun is better.

Souttar is 8 years younger though and that is why he's an ideal replacement for him next season.

He didn't mate.

Both Tavernier and Simpson played as natural full backs.

Both were well advanced the whole game and even Gio said that he was delighted to see Balogun partner Goldson for an hour.
Not from where I was sitting, we were in a 3 at the back majority of the first half and it was a lot more fluid in front of that.

I’ll go with my eyes if that’s sound with you:D

I think it was just in my head from last nights game as Simpson I would get rid of , so then suppose taking bassey out of CB to cover of barisic is injured again, but I’d rather see bassey develop in CB

Actually sands could maybe cover in there
I think we need cover for right back before left. I'd really want to gid rid of some fringe players and bring in two quality players. I think we really need a quality CM who can run games and provide more of a goal threat from midfield especially with our new style under Gio. Would like to see a quality right winger who can score goals too. Both will cost money but that's what we need the likes of Barker and Bacuna simply aren't good enough to take us to the next level.

Not from where I was sitting, we were in a 3 at the back majority of the first half and it was a lot more fluid in front of that.

I’ll go with my eyes if that’s sound with you:D

Absolutely fine mate.

Simpson sat deeper for a while to let Sakala isolate the full back in a 1 to 1 situation.

Gio does that with his full backs quite a lot..

Why would there be a sell on fee? We would be mad to agree to that.

It's good, their fans wanted to bring him on in the last minute of a cup game to cup tie him.

Souttar is 8 years younger though and that is why he's an ideal replacement for him next season.
The disrespect for Balogun on FF is laughable

Assume its another one of these things where the mental world of the Internet forum doesn't reflect the view of the wider fan base.

Time will tell if he comes in but I’ll have to agree to disagree on that one. Outside of Goldson and Helander I think Souttar is the best CB in the league.

"ROBBIE HAS TROLLED US!" are the cries on thickbackB-D

They were getting all giddy at the thought of big Souttar getting cup tied but instead he's looking after himself for the Champions:shh:

The bbc coverage of the hearts game just said that he’s injured and it’s nothing to do with his move.

We have Hearts over a barrel here. Their fans reaction to this has essentially made his position at the club untenable. We should offer them a token £50k take it or leave it. Something that will really insult and annoy them.

Back