Souttar out of Hearts cup squad

I'm seeing a lot of 3-5-2 or a move for Goldson in our near future.

Has to be 1 of the 2.

Or Barasic leaving

Bassey is our left back then

Either way I’ve no clue why we have opened negotiations before they play the poets.

Seems absolutely nuts

As much as I don't like the formation he's a great option for playing in a back 3 and if he partners Goldson we'll have two centre halves with excellent distribution which I think is a big thing for Gio

If we do agree a fee there won't be a sell-on clause. In this situation the selling club doesn't have that strong a position. Only someone with the bargaining skills of Martin Bain would agree to that.
I find it bizarre it is even getting (repeatedly) discussed

As someone already stated,if we pay £300k to get him now and we go on to retain the title then it’s good business.

Not from where I was sitting, we were in a 3 at the back majority of the first half and it was a lot more fluid in front of that.

I’ll go with my eyes if that’s sound with you:D
You didn’t watch the game. We weren’t playing 3 at the back at any stage.

Hearts fans have been talking about getting him
Cup tied since the minute it was announced. Very spiteful people to be so keep to cut off their nose to spite their face. What does it do your negotiating position when you have cup-tied the player in a dead rubber in the middle of the negotiations? The player is worth less so the price drops.

Celtic will beat Hearts with or without Souttar.
Most likely but like with every game involving us or them it’s about there’s always a chance of dropped points, away from home in particular, and better players make that more likely. Points are rarely dropped before old firm games though, often after.

Sadly it’s not peanuts to rangers if you look at our accounts.

I just don’t see the need to spend money on something that will be free in 4months when we have several CB options

This talk of bedding in a player , yeah maybe if they ain’t used to Scottish league / style of play, souttar knows that and he will be most likely be playing with a different partner anyway as goldson will be away
Would definitely be better getting him in now- we may well need him.
300k if true is not a problem for us at the moment, we have just taken in 16? Million with Patterson and Gerrard moving

I agree it’s always when you least expect it with them

They seem to hate Livi that’s where my money would be

As long as we take care of Livingston then Ross County I couldn’t give a shit what they do - obviously would love a Hearts results but Hearts are garbage. They’ll be too open. We should have put double figures past them over the two matches.

As long as we take care of Livingston then Ross County I couldn’t give a shit what they do - obviously would love a Hearts results but Hearts are garbage. They’ll be too open. We should have put double figures past them over the two matches.
Think they have come through a few injuries and getting players back, Boyce can be a thorn in defences they rested Ginnelly today and Baningime both on bench today looks as if he is back as well think he had a good game against Saville fc earlier in season, they can be dangerous with free kicks around box with Kingsley, Cannot see it but would like them to take something from them midweek

If we do agree a fee there won't be a sell-on clause. In this situation the selling club doesn't have that strong a position. Only someone with the bargaining skills of Martin Bain would agree to that.
Under normal circumstances yes but if a sell on fee vastly reduces what we pay here and now then it might be a way around it.

My eyes saw a back 4 with Simpson at left back and Goldson at left centre back the entire game.
It was a back four. Tav started as an inverted fullback and Simpson didn’t get forward as much and sat back a little, that’s why it maybe looked like a back three.

They probably will and definitely should as the superior side. But it's not guaranteed. They've dropped points before and will again. As will we.
Aye, its frankly ridiculous to guarantee results when they've already lost to Hearts this season. Dont know why people make these ridiculous false guarantees. They might well win, they will be favourites. But its not a guarantee as some pretend. I haven't checked but believe Celtic have still dropped points in around 30% of games

Sadly it’s not peanuts to rangers if you look at our accounts.

I just don’t see the need to spend money on something that will be free in 4months when we have several CB options

This talk of bedding in a player , yeah maybe if they ain’t used to Scottish league / style of play, souttar knows that and he will be most likely be playing with a different partner anyway as goldson will be away
There are 30 million reasons to bring him in now.
For anything under 400k it's a no brainer.

If we can sell Simpson I'd bring him in otherwise it's wages that can be used on another player in a position of more urgent need

Under normal circumstances yes but if a sell on fee vastly reduces what we pay here and now then it might be a way around it.

The sell on fee chat is a bit of a red herring here, as I don't think we're buying Souttar with a future sale in mind.

He's 25 just now, and even if he has say 3 good seasons with us at a high level of performance, he'll be 28 nearly 29 at that point. Souttar is never going to a multi million pound player I don't think.

I find it bizarre it is even getting (repeatedly) discussed
I'm the same. Keep seeing people talking about addons and sell on fees and bonuses.

He's our for free if we do nothing, we have the power here.

Hearts choosing not to include him here thinking it increases their strength of the position, but the reality is, we can still choose to do nothing.

Flat fee.

Hearts did it with Dundee hibs

Back