Souttar out of Hearts cup squad

What if buying him for 300k is the difference this season and we pocket 30-40M Champs League money.

Would that be stupidity?
What if my nana had baws would she be my pop ?

We don’t need him right now although he nice to have him settled in still anything more than 100k is daft

We don’t need him right now although he nice to have him settled in still anything more than 100k is daft
One would argue we absolutely do need him right now, we are still playing a left back at centre half.

I get that we paid only 50k for Kamara and so some people think that that's going to happen with other SPL teams but it's highly unlikely Hearts, going for third place and European football, are going to part with their captain and best player for 100k.

They want 500k. We've, from some accounts, offered 300. A compromise that lets Hearts save face whilst giving us the player early for the run-in is most likely.

My point is that if he is the extra defensive solidity we need that gets us over the line this year then 300k-ish isn't "stupidity" at all. It's a calculated, realtively low-risk that could pay off massively.

I think we’re stuck with him. Multiple loans to run down the contract (ala Jordan Rossiter) is what I can see happening
If that's the case then Ross Wilson isn't doing his job by all accounts we got rid of Mark Allen for failing to move on players

Ross Wilson cannot, repeat cannot, force a player to sign for another club.
Just to make my point here, cannot force him.
Do you understand this?
It's Ross Wilson's job to sell him to other clubs I understand you can't force anyone out

300,000 is a sizeable chunk of money (if bbc figure is accurate)
Rangers can’t be just throwing that away especially when we have so much dead wood in the squad
It wouldn’t be thrown away though, we’d get a player in to play games this season and be settled and in condition for next season.

If we’re mad enough to offer £300k we should knock off the 10% for Dundee Hibs.

If this could be arranged I would happily drive him to Edinburgh.
How much do you think Rangers would have to pay for this to be done?
I would be amazed if 300k has been tabled and we don’t accept. Boy was being sung about today and he wasn’t even at the game. He wants to play for Rangers and the morons of the Wheatfield have made their feelings clear, so for me we should accept a reasonable offer, shake Soapy’s hand thanking him for great service to the club, and let him go where he’s wanted.

I would be amazed if 300k has been tabled and we don’t accept. Boy was being sung about today and he wasn’t even at the game. He wants to play for Rangers and the morons of the Wheatfield have made their feelings clear, so for me we should accept a reasonable offer, shake Soapy’s hand thanking him for great service to the club, and let him go where he’s wanted.

You don’t think he’ll be selected against the scum Reid ?

Think we are at cross purposes , I was taking about Barker going the other way, based on your comment you would take Barker.

Think we are at cross purposes , I was taking about Barker going the other way, based on your comment you would take Barker.
Ahhh sorry mate misread the rest of the question. If our board are seriously expecting 500k then I’d have imagined 200 + Barker or Simpson. I do think Barker would do a job for us whereas he’s nowhere near a Rangers calibre player.

Ahhh sorry mate misread the rest of the question. If our board are seriously expecting 500k then I’d have imagined 200 + Barker or Simpson. I do think Barker would do a job for us whereas he’s nowhere near a Rangers calibre player.
Maybe their £500k is based on £300k and £200k more to take Barker off us.

Hearts fans hate Rangers more than they love their own club. What a sorry bunch of tin pot supporters they are.

Typical Scottish supporter.

Hearts fans hate Rangers more than they love their own club. What a sorry bunch of tin pot supporters they are.

They really don't .
There is still far more hate for the plastics than Rangers on JKB.
And that's a more middle class board .
The old lads and the young crew who are unashamedly Loyalist ain't going to be Rangers hater's

One would argue we absolutely do need him right now, we are still playing a left back at centre half.

I get that we paid only 50k for Kamara and so some people think that that's going to happen with other SPL teams but it's highly unlikely Hearts, going for third place and European football, are going to part with their captain and best player for 100k.

They want 500k. We've, from some accounts, offered 300. A compromise that lets Hearts save face whilst giving us the player early for the run-in is most likely.

My point is that if he is the extra defensive solidity we need that gets us over the line this year then 300k-ish isn't "stupidity" at all. It's a calculated, realtively low-risk that could pay off massively.
Think folk are forgetting JS is the best center half in Scotland ATM.

I tend to agree, our defence is absolutely solid right now.

Our weak points are at the other end of the park. If we can get him cheap then great, if not, I’m happy to wait a few months and get him for nothing

Thats just bollocks based on the tweets of a vocal minority.

Incidentally, no one likes us, we don’t care.

Should be telling Souttar to tell them he won't play again and offer them peanuts at the end of the window

%^*& then all tbh. I don’t have Twitter but any Hearts supporter I’ve come across is no better than an Aberdeen or Hibs supporter.
Plenty of decent Hearts fans. Need you to be more courageous when you encounter wrong uns Cap’n

Back