Souttar

Agree he was brilliant today. Strong quick good on the ball and reads the game well. Will be even better with good players around hope. If he can stay fit will be a great addition

Full Hearts team were not overly fit.
Proper pre-season and medical team looking after conditioning will surely do him the world of good.
Here's hoping I do think he has looked a bit on the heavier side this season looks like he could trim down and pack the muscle on a bit just need to hope his achilles tendon doesn't go again

He was very good today, what worries me in the amount of injury prone players we have in that position especially if Balogun signs a new deal.

A seasoned scottish defender will be what we need in some of the slogs against scottish dross next year… So he will do nicely. Good signing.

His positioning was fantastic, decent passer of the ball, good in the tackle.

32 games for him this season, let's hope we can get him to 40+ for the next few years as I think he'll be a rock in our defence.

He was very good today, very solid. If we can keep him fit he'll be a very good signing for us. He always was a good defender and capable of getting better with better players around him but the injuries make it difficult for him to progress. I just hope we can work magic on him and keep him fit for a good run.

He played well and had good positioning.

Blowing out his arse in ET. Actually, Hearts fitness levels were shocking
Think he had an excuse in all fairness. He wasn't back playing too long after his injury from January so doubt he was match fit. Same with Halkett - they did well considering I think.

Their best player today,as mentioned before, hope he stays fit.!!!!
Goldsons game time is immense.!!

After Bassey and Gordon he was by far the best player on the park, can see similarities with Goldson but he was everywhere, heading,
Blocking and his passing is good too.

Also drives forward.

I for one will think he'll be a success for us.
Thought the same. I’ve not seen much of him otherwise. If that’s how he performs against our front line he will do well against the jobbers of the SPL most weeks.

He was excellent for them today but his ability isn’t in question at this level, his fitness is the big vulnerability.

He played well and had good positioning.

Blowing out his arse in ET. Actually, Hearts fitness levels were shocking
I was shocked at how out of shape they were after having a week off to prepare and rotating/resting/not really going for it on the final game of the season.

Did they spend the week in the bar?

He was Hearts best player today by a country mile.

Then again, its never been a question over his ability. It's purely down to fitness.

He got them to extra time. Question mark is his durability. Can he play 50 plus games a season

In fairness we had all had doubts about signing an SPL defender. But having now watched him a few times, it’s clear the guy has a football brain in him.

Looks especially good at anticipating danger and no nonsense clearing. If we can get him up to our fitness standard, who knows he could be a great freebie.

Was absolutely superb today. Albeit against a non centre forward. Would love to get his brother in as well. Was in Seville so might be up for a move

I get Alan McLaren vibes from him, needs to stay injury free, hope he does well for us.
That's the issue we have signed a player who has never been injury free. There is nothing to suggest this will ever change. When fit he is decent. But that's the problem should we be signing a player with the Hooe he can stay fit. I don't think so

"Greatest defensive performance I've ever seen from a Hearts defender. Souttar has been tremendous."
From kickback.

I've always been a fan, excited to see him at Ibrox.

He was very good. The problem as has already been alluded to is his fitness. Goldson could play 60 games year in year out. Souttar to date has been more like Helander and Balogun fitness wise.

That's the issue we have signed a player who has never been injury free. There is nothing to suggest this will ever change. When fit he is decent. But that's the problem should we be signing a player with the Hooe he can stay fit. I don't think so
Yep, was the problem with McLaren as well when we signed him. Better physios, doctors and sports scientists at Rangers will be the key to him hopefully staying injury free for us.

Gascoigne came to us not long after a career threatening injury
Hateley was done

Bottom line is he a good player
I think he is

He impressed me. I've always liked the look of him when I've seen him. I have reservations over his injury record but if our medical team and our fitness coaches can work with him and sort that bit of his game out. I have zero doubts about him being a good player for us.

Back