Spanish officials for Thursday

Talking to my old man the other day and we were talking about Refs as usual and the decisions difference between us and them at the weekend.

He said as much as he wants them fcked out on their arses he would like us both to get through next week and to draw them in the last 16 and see the difference of how a European referees them as to opposed to the cheats back here. We were both saying we would love to see how many fouls pricks like the Lego etc got away with as opposed to the corrupt bastards at home.

Something doesn't sit right about that to me just as I wouldn't expect any referees from our neighbours to be involved if we were playing

What could possibly not sit right with you about a foreign referee to both teams countries refereeing a game? :rolleyes:

It doesnt happen, I remember Alex Ferguson joking that he had to apologise to a Socttish ref, I'm assuming Hugh Dallas, after Man U getting to the final stopped Dallas getting it.

Yet at stated in 1990 we had a Welsh referee

I doubt it would happen now

Elcollum and Iniestclancy might be watching for some tips. The VAR will be interesting though. We might even see a ball hitting a hand meaning its a foul? Wow how great would that be!!

Depends on the weather I suppose.

Actually looking forward to seeing unbiased decisions getting made.
Like the 2 yards offside goal Vienna were allowed against us, like the 2 yards onside goal against Spartak that we had disallowed and Candeias red card against Villarreal that ive never been sure what the offence was.

You just know we're going to get fucked by Mr Sánchez & Mr Cabañero after suggesting that Scotland should have VAR for the past wee while. Bound to happen.

Said this to my mate today.

Referee
Xavier Estrada Fernandez (ESP)

Assistant referees
Teodoro Sobrino (ESP)
Iñigo Prieto (ESP)

Video Assistant Referee
José María Sánchez (ESP)

Assistant Video Assistant Referee
Raúl Cabañero (ESP)

Fourth official
Pablo González Fuertes (ESP)

Over the Border down Portugal's way !

Would we ever have an English referee allocated against - well anyone ?

Do we have anyone 1 yellow away from a suspension for the 2nd leg?

Edit: just seen it’s already been answered.

What I find funny is I’m sure in a lot of games we’ve had referees from neighbouring countries against us, yet can you imagine the outcry if we got an English, Welsh or N Irish ref

Back