Spare a thought for Derby County

Seriously, are they thinking about Doofy? Well, as someone said Lampard put them on the back pages, Rooney kept them there and now Doofy will put them on youtube bloopers reel. FFS, how can any half sensible club take him. Laughing stock. Unless no one has been watching 'ra hoops this year as their shite and no one ever cared about their 10 despite what they tried to lead everyone to believe.

Derby deserve to go down, they fiddled the books around their stadium value to to cover their excess losses.
They got away without any punishment while other clubs had points docked.
They got charged but the case got dismissed.

Teams like Derby and Middlesbrough highlight a huge problem with English football. It's fine if you're at the top. The biggest teams can share the money and prizes between them. For teams at the bottom? Relegation is a massive problem and it's too easy to become trapped in a cycle of decline. Especially if the parachute payments run out.

If Derby were to go down then it could see them suffer for a very long time.

I am convinced Boli was much older than he was when he signed think he was meant be 27 but looked a lot older imo and Marseille didn't seem to keen to keep him.

Think after he left Rangers he didnt even play 30 games in his career.

He will always have a special place in my heart as I got a mongrel pup the day we signed Boli and called the dog after him and he was my best pal for the next 14 years :)
Get this man sacked!

(MRoss ref.)

I saw that Waghorn was getting some abuse after the last game due to him being kept on the park and having scored 1 in 26 games or something. Shame as i liked Waggy and thought he was doing ok down there.
Me two i wish he was still at Rangers even on as a substitute

Football must be about the only profession where you can be utterly terrible at your job for all to see yet somehow you can continue to find people to offer you well paid employment.

If was on telly every week just making an arse of absolutely everything I done at work, I'd never get another job in my industry ever again.

How is anyone watching Duffy this season and thinking "he's the man we need in defence!".

For shits and giggles I do hope they sign the duffman and he's outstanding for them just to rub the salt into Septic fans

Taking everything into account, Shane Duffy is probably pound for pound the worst player I’ve seen at either old firm side.
That is no exaggeration either, he has been absolutely horrific.... and it’s been absolutely fantastic to witness.

No.
Rotherham need at least a point but they are rank although I think they had to play about 5 games in 11 days recently and didn't win one - covid backlog.
Sheffield win, derby are away, regardless of Rotherham.
sheff gd is better just now.

Let's just ignore the fact that when they talk money it's usually pish

£3m total
£2m just to get him there
£1m in wages

They paid him a Morelos fee to be one of the worst players they've ever had

Glorious

I'm amazed Duffy was so bad. About 3 years ago, he played in about 70 EPL matches in 2 seasons. He must have been fine. Apparently dropped because Potter wanted to play out from the back.

71DCRw3.png

This from a few years ago suggests he's always been shite.

2 of the most deliberate looking OGs and 2 of the most brainless bookings you'll ever see.

I listen to the Heart and Hand podcast and like the cut of Tess' jib.
Always comes across as a really sound guy, so keep an eye out for Derby.
Feel for him because Derby are his home team.
Shame Rooney bollocksed it for him.
Always next year big man.

WTF is Rooney thinking?
Even considering signing that clown Duffy should be a sackabe offence.

Sometimes players just dont take to Scottish football.

Boli was a great example for us.

One of the best defenders in Europe at the time and arrived with a shiny new CL winners medal in his pocket.

When he arrived the hype was all "We've signed Boli! oh and some Danish guy..."

Boli then proceeded to be guff (the Danish guy worked out ok though)

I'm not saying Duffy is the same calibre of player as Boli was (he's not) but you can be good elsewhere and shite in Scotland. It happens
I'm sure that Boli was a central defender & Walter played him at full back

I am guessing they don't have any scouts? Maybe a girl guide has told them he is the missing piece of their defensive jigsaw ...

Can't stand Rooney. One of the most over rated players ever, Beckham probably the only one above him. I really hope he is sacked and is never heard of again. ( Unlikely i know ) Good luck to Derby it will be a long way back for them, but Duffy? FFS how can they think that is going to help.

Personally speaking that was the opposite of my thought at the time. I'm not claiming to say I knew how amazing he would be but I was following Serie A at the time and when I saw we had signed Laudrup, I actually didn't believe it. One of the few signings we've ever made that had me genuinely flabergasted. Honestly wasn't too bothered about Boli, can't say I even remember his signing but I remember Brian's signing as a huge moment.
Laudrup barely played for Milan season before he signed, Boli had recently played against us twice in a monumental season for us and won the champions league but you don’t remember us signing him?

I was far more excited about Boli signing but was happy to be proved wrong :)

Last edited:
comparing spells
Martin was poor
Duffy was off the scale disastrous - he cannot even get a bench place now as their only fit CB option outwith Welsh and Ajer
I have never seen a more destructive influence on a team than that guy. And one thing is for damn sure - the Tims will NEVER be able to throw any Konterman shade at us ever again.

There has never been a worse signing that I can remember, and I'm 48.

That picture sums up his spell at the filth to perfection. B-D
I love the one of him utterly beaten and deflated bowing to Goldson. I’m not sure he’s been seen since that picture was taken. The poets can feel sorry for them all they want, he had the brass neck to stand in a pub singing about 10 and guzzling pints as though we were nothing. We tortured him this season and he brought every bit of it on himself.

Laudrup barely played for Milan season before he signed, Boli had recently played against us twice in a monumental season for us and won the champions league but you don’t remember us signing him?

I was far more excited about Boli signing but was happy to be proved wrong :)

He was on loan at Fiorentina, it was watching him there that got me excited. As for the Marseille games all I remember about them was our goals :))

from a whisker away from the EPL
to Cocu then Rooney sending them to the brink of relegation

waking up to see this in the Football Insider:

If Wayne Rooney manages to keep Derby County in the Championship he will look to sign Brighton and Republic of Ireland centre-back Shane Duffy, 29, who has spent the season on loan at Celtic. (Football Insider)
Should be sacked for even suggesting such an idiotic idea. Derby fans will not distraught about this

Does anybody else fire up the video of him in the pub singing 10 in a row after every game we play? Comedy gold. Even the video sums him up. He tries to down a pint, spills it and can only take the head of it.

Back