Spare a thought for these 2 guys.

archimedes

What could have been....

_106520910_mcinnes-docherty.jpg

:)) :)) :))

tenor.gif

I’d love to dig the thread out with the poll where 80% plus were happy to have him as our next manager. “Look at what he’s done with Aberdeen, give him our budget and he’ll do a good job”. A lot of that coming from the self-proclaimed experts who regularly talk down to folk :D

I’m delighted he shat his pants, it would have been an utterly grim appointment. I was apprehensive over Gerrard because it was a definite gamble, but with McInnes I could never fathom why anyone thought he’d be a good pick.

I’d love to dig the thread out with the poll where 80% plus were happy to have him as our next manager. “Look at what he’s done with Aberdeen, give him our budget and he’ll do a good job”. A lot of that coming from the self-proclaimed experts who regularly talk down to folk :D

I’m delighted he shat his pants, it would have been an utterly grim appointment. I was apprehensive over Gerrard because it was a definite gamble, but with McInnes I could never fathom why anyone thought he’d be a good pick.

Was 46% dunno what they were thinking .

If that is indeed the case then I'm delighted you've eventually seen the light!

I can honestly say I never wanted them, I didn’t post on here at the time but I genuinely was so relieved he bottled it.

I will caveat that by saying I wasn’t against getting Tommy Wright or someone of that ilk just to see out the season.

Turgid Ash Taylor-esque shite, I still can’t fathom why he bottled it though. Was it a disagreement over players, he wanted to bring his heid & hoof it type players?.

He shat it from Delias pish outfit - Dolly's best chance to win a league for ever and he bottled it.
I'm glad to say I was dead against him getting it right from the off & remember getting it tight from mates in the pub who thought he was the man for the job.

This would definitely have been our Back to the Future "Biff becomes a billionaire" moment.

Great Scott Marty! We need to go back to 2017 & stop him signing that contract!

• Haha
Reactions: WBD

Thanks for that @The_Degan :D.

first page on that thread and I‘m in the clear :D . Phew.

-————————————————————————————

Arminius

Well-Known Member​

Official Ticketer
I read another post on another thread saying we have to be realistic about our choices, given our latest accounts just issued.

With that in mind, I voted a resounding no, as I don't ever want our limited resources being utterly wasted on compensation and going to the sheep.

Oh, and McInnes' track record in management is utterly ordinary. Genuinely, if we are looking for someone who did no bad in a one horse race, we'd be as well going for Tommy Wright, and I don't want him either.”

Last edited:

Think it just shows how scunnered we all felt after enduring reins under McCoist, McDowell, McCall, Warburton, Murty, Caixinia & Murty again.

Standards had slipped so much we just craved being competitive against the dross of the league & in Mcinnes you had quick and easy fix.

Thank funk he said “no thanks” as in Steven Gerrard & his team we have everything we’ve been craving for the last 10 years.

I get cold sweats thinking of the night he went to like 1/5 to be our new manager.

He would be on the dole now if he took it

there was definitely one with 80% plus. I remember it well because I found it so perplexing. Either there was a separate one later or people have voted on that one after he shat his pants and KB’d us!

Edit: that’s definitley not the one, it was a much longer thread and I had several posts in it. That’s only a few pages and I never posted in it at all!

Think it was more desperation than anything by that point, had lost to Hamilton at Ibrox and Dundee not that long before approaching him and everyone was trying to convince themselves he was the right man for the job. Wasn't particularly keen on McInnes but by that point i wanted him just to get it over with and it didn't look like a manager with any sort of reputation would even think of touching our club so he was the best bet.

Not for this bear he was never good enough plus never wanted that bitter 19th Century Terrorist bastard docherty anywhere near our great club.

I wasn't excited by him at all but was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. When he decided he didn't want it I was frustrated. We seemed to be in a real mess and a McInnes "no" was just another kick in the nuts. Obviously, with the benefit of hindsight, we dodged a nuclear missile. I'm certain in years to come he'll totally regret his decision. Aberdeen instead of Rangers? I still can't believe he made that choice.

Think that was more desperation than anything by the point we approached him, had lost to Hamilton at Ibrox and Dundee not that long before. Wasn't particularly keen on McInnes but by that point i wanted him just to get it over with and it didn't look like any manager with any sort of reputation would even think of touching our club

You may have a point mate. But even then, I can’t get my head around anyone thinking that was the best we could do. I’ve just never seen anything in McInnes that’s made me think he’s a Rangers manager and the “did well at ‘insert club name’ so he’d do even better at this club with a bigger budget’ is a very flawed argument too.

I wasn't excited by him at all but was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. When he decided he didn't want it I was frustrated. We seemed to be in a real mess and a McInnes "no" was just another kick in the nuts. Obviously, with the benefit of hindsight, we dodged a nuclear missile. I'm certain in years to come he'll totally regret his decision. Aberdeen instead of Rangers? I still can't believe he made that choice.

At least you’re honest so fair play to you! One of the few backers that doesn’t hide away from these threads :D

Back