Sparta Rotterdam v Rangers Jan 2000

Cuparbear

Anyone remember the game to open Sparta's new stadium , Nithsdale ran a bus great time in the Dam before the game, must have been about 70 on the bus going down to Rotterdam for the game
Ended up a nil nil draw rubbish game?

Football trivia #94. I asked a Scottish-Dutch acquaintance, Rangers &, Feyenoord fan, about Sparta and he told me that they're supported by the pen pushers of Rotterdam.

Was at the game as I lived in Holland at the time, had a great day out cos I lived in Haarlem ( Arthur Numan Country) and met the guys that had the Rangers bar in Utrecht (George & Robert?, Auld Git Loyal memory wise) . The Game was a total non event,and believe it or not I nearly fell out with my mate cos he done nothing but moan during the game. Ended up I told him " I sat in front of "whinging ba$tards in the Govan Stand, now ah've given up my season book I don't need you to take their place!!". I don't get to see the Gers often, so I'm not F&^kin listening to you now" A few beers for the journey back up to Haarlem and it was OK. I was a regular visitor to The Ibrox House in Utrecht for most of the games, now that was an experience. SUPERB!!

Was at the game. At half time a couple of us went to get something to eat, took a wrong turn and ended up in hospitality. A couple of bears where already in and we completely missed the second half

Anyone remember the game to open Sparta's new stadium , Nithsdale ran a bus great time in the Dam before the game, must have been about 70 on the bus going down to Rotterdam for the game

If mem,ory serves me right was a tuesday night. Sat beside the Dutch scout Dick employed. I was at Kamp van Zeist at the time.

Was at the game with 2 mates from ek .if memory serves it was very cold ,ice on the park and negri played ..possibly one of his last appearances ?

Was at the game as I lived in Holland at the time, had a great day out cos I lived in Haarlem ( Arthur Numan Country) and met the guys that had the Rangers bar in Utrecht (George & Robert?, Auld Git Loyal memory wise) . The Game was a total non event,and believe it or not I nearly fell out with my mate cos he done nothing but moan during the game. Ended up I told him " I sat in front of "whinging ba$tards in the Govan Stand, now ah've given up my season book I don't need you to take their place!!". I don't get to see the Gers often, so I'm not F&^kin listening to you now" A few beers for the journey back up to Haarlem and it was OK. I was a regular visitor to The Ibrox House in Utrecht for most of the games, now that was an experience. SUPERB!!
I was in that Michael Mols bar before the PSV Eindhoven game that Albertz scored in, George and robert were great hosts and a brilliant days entertainment and swally day before that game. Great pub in the middle of a housing scheme in Utrecht

I was at the game with some of the the Queen Street True Blues. We were in the Michael Mols RSC pub in Utrecht (think it was called the Blue Room) the day of the game.Nice pub but it’s been closed down for a few years now.

I travelled with the Nithsdale to that game, best laugh was the boy getting lifted for shoplifting on the ferry over. Always loved travelling by bus to away games in Europe met some characters

Absolutely no memory of this!

I think I might have been away on holiday at the time.

I was at the game with some of the the Queen Street True Blues. We were in the Michael Mols RSC pub in Utrecht (think it was called the Blue Room) the day of the game.Nice pub but it’s been closed down for a few years now.
Was a nice pub but it wasn't in a good area for enough passing trade. Seemed to take us ages to find it

<a href="https://ibb.co/WtNcmK6">

<a href="https://ibb.co/Mkf7Cqz">

Was a nice pub but it wasn't in a good area for enough passing trade. Seemed to take us ages to find it
It was in a place called Overvecht and it was like a Dutch version of Castlemilk (I'm from Ruglen so could see the similarities ;) ) luckily I was "aquainted" with a girl who lived in Utrecht and she kept me right. Best day I had in the pub was the "Orange" cup final vs the sheep, got poured home:))

It was in a place called Overvecht and it was like a Dutch version of Castlemilk (I'm from Ruglen so could see the similarities ;) ) luckily I was "aquainted" with a girl who lived in Utrecht and she kept me right. Best day I had in the pub was the "Orange" cup final vs the sheep, got poured home:))
If it’s in Overvecht, that probably explains why we took so long to find it in Utrecht. I remember we spent ages trying to find it in that housing estate too. Had a good time once we got there though, and think we got the bus from the pub to the game too with the Michael Mols RSC guys.

If it’s in Overvecht, that probably explains why we took so long to find it in Utrecht. I remember we spent ages trying to find it in that housing estate too. Had a good time once we got there though, and think we got the bus from the pub to the game too with the Michael Mols RSC guys.
It was quite a difficult place to find and I was grateful for the local knowledge. The Utrecht hooligans used to drink in there as well (Bunnik Side) and we used to get on quite well with them, well there was no problems with them. I think George had "connections" shall we say

I was gonna compare it with drumchapel.Live in Rutherglen now so aye its fairly similar :D

Back