Spartak Moscow away

Got back late last night. What a fantastic trip! Had a few concerns having heard some horror stories in the past but it was a fantastic country. Didn't go daft on the drink as I wanted to really soak it all up. The city was fantastic. I've never seen such an efficient train/metro service in my life. The good and drink was good and well priced. There was loads to do. Could easily have filled another couple of days. The stadium was excellent as well. You can tell they've just hosted a world cup. Brilliant hospitality despite me not knowing any Russian!

I would recommend the city to anyone thinking of going.

got back 5pm today another very enjoyable trip to Russia apart from the result, st petersburg is worth a visit there is a fantastic military museum there if you like that sort of thing, met some nice rangers fans in Moscow at the uj bar and the game anybody else know harry potter from Anniesland, police were a bit over the top at the end of the game but other than that another good time in Russia.

Just got an email to say Air France are paying me €400 for the cancelled flight :D All it took was 10 minutes to fill the form in and no argument from them. Will be in my account within 21 days :D

Believe you can also add some spurious taxi claims as well. ;-)

Help bump it up a little.

Just home, body doesn't know whether it's coming or going but that was a brilliant few days. What a place. Seen some of the Russian madness in that boozer round the corner from the UJ pub but it was all in good spirits and the guy couldn't be more welcoming. Most places the folk were great though.

You know how you go some places and it doesn't live up to the expectation, Moscow is the opposite of that. Its quite an incredible place and we only did a small part of it. I wouldn't hesitate to go back and I'd recommend it to anybody.

Believe you can also add some spurious taxi claims as well. ;-)

Help bump it up a little.
I'm happy enough with the €400 :D It was so easy as I filled in the claim on my phone this morning at 2.30 am in my hotel in Glasgow after a few pints. Nothing in it other than the flight numbers and give me my compensation and they agreed by half seven tonight. That covers the cost of the flights for the trip so will do me :D

I'm happy enough with the €400 :D It was so easy as I filled in the claim on my phone this morning at 2.30 am in my hotel in Glasgow after a few pints. Nothing in it other than the flight numbers and give me my compensation and they agreed by half seven tonight. That covers the cost of the flights for the trip so will do me :D

I filled it in yesterday morning and heard nothing back :rolleyes:

Edit: got £350

Last edited:
Just got an email to say Air France are paying me €400 for the cancelled flight :D All it took was 10 minutes to fill the form in and no argument from them. Will be in my account within 21 days :D

What form mate my flight also got cancelled ? Can you link me to it ?

What form mate my flight also got cancelled ? Can you link me to it ?
I don't know if this will work as I'm on my phone on the way to Ibrox but try here

https://www.airfrance.co.uk/GB/en/l...89.614810125.1541814691-1147730541.1541814691

Use the section for claims and log in. It will probably have most of the details anyway. I just put that I wanted to claim the compensation under EU rules as it was over the appropriate time for the delay. Didn't even attach anything as evidence

Last edited:
Lads seeing all the positive comments it is a trip I would like to make.

What price for the flightsI would I expect to pay, the visa as well, and any hotel recommenations.

Thanks very much.

We paid £225 return from Newcastle for the flights, visa was £130 and the hotel we stayed in was the Troyka which was 10 minutes walk from Red square and very reasonably priced.

Sounds great, I'll put a couple of dates into Sksycanner for next year , thanks very much.

Just make sure the dates for the hotel and visa match when you get round to it. We stayed at Hilton Leningradskaya £125 pp for 2 nights which wasn’t bad but doubt I would stay there if I was going for longer as there is loads of hotels for much cheaper.

Just make sure the dates for the hotel and visa match when you get round to it. We stayed at Hilton Leningradskaya £125 pp for 2 nights which wasn’t bad but doubt I would stay there if I was going for longer as there is loads of hotels for much cheaper.
Do you get the Visa online?

Did anyone else go in home section was in D121 and never saw any other Rangers fans..
Was talking to guy who was on flight home who never got in home section ..
And missed game.. :eek:

Did anyone else go in home section was in D121 and never saw any other Rangers fans..
Was in a3. Home section. Youth team just along from me.
20181108_195629_zpsrtskr16t.jpg

Reactions: SSR

That was me mate should have just got Cosmo's bus and took our chances there as I had 1 ticket for our end anyway just didn't want to leave my brother on his own.

That was me mate should have just got Cosmo's bus and took our chances there as I had 1 ticket for our end anyway just didn't want to leave my brother on his own.

Bit of a downer going all that way and not getting in..
We had no issues getting in or with home fans..

I gave my mrs my Rangers end ticket and managed to get into our end with a home end ticket that a fellow bear kindly gave me for free in the UJ pub(thanks again if you post on here)

Also thanks again to @cosmoger for organising everything, spot on! An amazing trip from start to finish, met some cracking people both Russian and bears.

Good hotel, let us in our room at 6am the day we arrived so effectively 3 nights for the price of 2. Don’t think I’ve stayed in such a grand looking hotel, the staff were also brilliant. Would go back in an instant.

We had a couple of folk with us with home tickets and when the scanner never worked they just let them in at the away gate. Never even looked at the tickets.

Flights were £208 from Glasgow but they were as low as £160 at one point.

got back 5pm today another very enjoyable trip to Russia apart from the result, st petersburg is worth a visit there is a fantastic military museum there if you like that sort of thing, met some nice rangers fans in Moscow at the uj bar and the game anybody else know harry potter from Anniesland, police were a bit over the top at the end of the game but other than that another good time in Russia.

LOL, I went to school with him, you do know that's not his real name, right? :D

Good hotel, let us in our room at 6am the day we arrived so effectively 3 nights for the price of 2. Don’t think I’ve stayed in such a grand looking hotel, the staff were also brilliant. Would go back in an instant.

Was there 2 of you ? I was sitting near 2 bears at breakfast on the Thursday my mate didn’t make breakfast any day I did only on the Thursday that’s how a was sitting myself.

Was there 2 of you ? I was sitting near 2 bears at breakfast on the Thursday my mate didn’t make breakfast any day I did only on the Thursday that’s how a was sitting myself.

No, 4 of us. We didn’t make breakfast, not even sure if it was included but we were in the hotel bar until 3am Friday morning. They finally asked if they ‘could get us anything else.’ Great hotel and staff.

We had a couple of folk with us with home tickets and when the scanner never worked they just let them in at the away gate. Never even looked at the tickets.

Flights were £208 from Glasgow but they were as low as £160 at one point.

How you feeling Rab? My whole body is in bits, missed the game today but got it on RTV with my auld man. Back on the lager, as if we never put enough away haha

Spartak fans were great we were invited in to one of their bars before the game coldn’t have been any nicer. Obviously chose a bad place to try and enter the ground but these things happen.

Anyway roll on Vienna.

Spartak fans were great we were invited in to one of their bars before the game coldn’t have been any nicer. Obviously chose a bad place to try and enter the ground but these things happen.

Anyway roll on Vienna.
What reason did they give for not allowing you in?

There were 3 English speaking folk I know from here - granted not Rangers fans - who we were meant to be sitting beside until we got the chance to get in away section. They got in to D121 with no problems apart from being late in due to that long hike around the stadium

Missed the flight back (Sat morning) had to wait in Moscow airport for 8 hours booked another flight to get back to London. Then taxi for an hour to the bus station to get the mega bus at midnight back to Glasgow for 9.30 lol.

Was a nightmare getting home but what a few days we had so worth it.

Anyway roll on Vienna.

These things happen mate orwards and upwards.. Vienna next... :D

What reason did they give for not allowing you in?

There were 3 English speaking folk I know from here - granted not Rangers fans - who we were meant to be sitting beside until we got the chance to get in away section. They got in to D121 with no problems apart from being late in due to that long hike around the stadium

Don’t know what he was saying but let’s say we got the gist of it and didn’t want to push it as a night in the cells wasn’t an attractive proposition. As I said before as much as it was disappointing to miss the game we had a fantastic trip and the guys we met on the metro that took us in to a Spartak bar couldn’t have been more welcoming.

We had a 15 year old with us, Spartak fan asked to swap scarves with him, police then took the Spartak scarf off him before we could get into ground. Crazy, Spartak fans were great with us.

Back