Match Thread Spartak Moskva v Rangers - 17:55 Thursday - BT Sports

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
RHXwKex.png

Can’t wait to finish work and settle down to watch the match tomorrow evening. I’d love a victory for us but a draw would not be a bad result at all.
Come on The Rangers.
Come on The Glasgow Rangers.

Tough game, we need to be far better middle to front and take our chances at this level.

I don't fancy us to keep a clean sheet so we must score.

I am very excited about this game.

I want us to smash the vodka swiggers and let Europe know we mean business.

We are on our way.......

Kent injured. Just saw on SSN. A loss, but also a good opportunity for someone to step up. Grezda, Middleton?

McGregor
Foderingham
Tavernier
Goldson
McAuley
Katic
Worrall
Flanagan
Jack
McCrorie
Coulibaly
Arfield
Ejaria
Halliday
Candeias
Grezda
Middleton
Morelos
Mebude

Is the squad. So one of big Gareth or wee Dapo will be in the 18.

McGregor
Foderingham
Tavernier
Goldson
McAuley
Katic
Worrall
Flanagan
Jack
McCrorie
Coulibaly
Arfield
Ejaria
Halliday
Candeias
Grezda
Middleton
Morelos
Mebude

Is the squad. So one of big Gareth or wee Dapo will be in the 18.

Do you have to have a full compliment on the bench? I'd assume Dapo will play for the young team, and don't think Gareth will get the nod ahead of our other three CBs so may just be an empty seat on the bench

On a more trivial note, I noticed some black tape over the 32Red on some of the taunting pictures. Was hoping we'd be in the all blue kit tomorrow but I guess it makes more sense to wear the sponsor free white kit we've worn before

Do you have to have a full compliment on the bench? I'd assume Dapo will play for the young team, and don't think Gareth will get the nod ahead of our other three CBs so may just be an empty seat on the bench
Could do but I'd always put a full compliment out even if your not going to play them. Worst case both cbs could get injured or a red card so I'd have McAuley on there rather than no one.

Obviously would love a win but got a feeling it'll be a draw.
1-1 methinks.
Hopefully get proved wrong.
C'MON THE RANGERS! ! ! !

Game day ! #LetsGo

Would take a point right now,to get that we need a good solid performance tonight,Cmon the Bears

WATP

Going for 1-2, think there will be goals. Would take a draw though, but defo think it will be a score draw rather than nil nil. Hopefully sneak a win.

C’mon Rangers

For the last few weeks, we have struggled to break down a 10 man defence. I don't see Moscow sitting back tonight so hopefully the players can take advantage of that and hit them where it hurts on the break.

We should get more space, especially on the counter.

Bit more clinical and get final balls in earlier to Morelos and we'll score a couple.

Team for me would be...

McGregor

Tav Goldson Katic Halliday

Jack Ejaria Arfield

Candeias Morelos Middleton

I think they'll win sadly. They need to or they are out basically.

A draw would be a simply magnificent result and almost see us there.

Just watched the press conference. Gaffer is not as happy or relaxed as he has been.

I thought he seemed a bit more closed too. I'd imagine he is upping the ante and pressure for the players to step up at this level. Big big game and not an easy place to go, we need to super focused tonight.

Just a guess:

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Katic Flanagan

Ejaria Coulibaly Arfield

Candeias Morelos Grezda

Subs: Foderingham Worral Macauley Halliday McCrorie Jack Middleton

Not many attacking options available off the bench if we need a goal...

I'm really looking forward to the game. I'm not overly bothered about what the result will be tbh as i feel we should be more focused on the league now, still i dont think we will lose the game. 1-1 or 1-2

This game is screaming out for the Wattienaccio tactical formation.

Keep it very tight and use pace on break. Start Middleton and use him as an outball.

Really looking forward to this tonight. Can see us getting a result.

Come on Rangers!

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Worrall Flanagan
Coulibaly Jack Ejaria
Candeias Morelos Grezda
Would be my guess.

Coulibaly in for Arfield and Ejaria chosen over Arfield for his ability to hold onto the ball.

Candeias, I'd imagine, will get the full 90 given he's out for Sunday.

Back