Match Thread Spartak Moskva v Rangers - 17:55 Thursday - BT Sports

Defensively shocking tonight, surely Gerrard looks at things at half time? Try and make us more solid.

He n
This is a very poor result and a very, very poor performance from the manager.

Threw the game away and Gerrard done nothing to change it until 10 mins to go. Very poor management. People should stop making excuses for him. He fucked it again, pure and simple.
The linesman fucked it with a horrendous call first half.
Flanagan and Ejaria fucked it by not clearing their lines.

Fucking shite!
Deserved nothing from that second half and looked like we were getting nothing why the %^*& are we waiting until 80 minutes to make a sub?

Said it before say it again.
We need a captain, a real captain not an imposter.
Rangers will never be strong again till we have a leader.

While disappointed I seen the group stage as a total bonus for us. Priority now is keeping in touch with the poets until January and hopefully strengthen the midfield to give ourselves a chance.

Subs again a joke. Far too late to take bombscare Flanagan off, what is Grezda supposed to do with 10 mins? And then the McAuley sub in the dying seconds is just embarrassing and desperate.

We should’ve taken something from that match but let’s not pretend that Spartak are a bad team. Going forward they are very very good and they improved at the back after the break.

We don’t need to go over the top after a performance like that. Yes we were poor defensively but it happens sometimes, I’d be concerned if it was a weekly occurrence but it’s not.

Sore.
Awful defending and poor decision making by Gerrard who seems reluctant to make changes as and when required. It’s like,”I’ve put the right team out so I don’t need to change it”

The constant chopping and changing of the degence and midfield coupled with his refusal to make subs really is highlighting that we have a rookie in charge

Fully expect worrall to start again sunday

what an appalling run of performances we're in right now

BUT strangely not out of either competition

where has the drive and determination gone though that saw us through with 9 men?

Where do you start with analysing that fucking defensive shit show.

Everyone of them should be ashamed to wear a Rangers jersey

If 4-2 at half time then we were winning that. That wrong offside call was massive. Defending was terrible from both teams though. Gutted we never got the draw but halliday should have been on sooner .

I'm struggling to come to terms with what I've just watched.The goal for us that wasn't offside changed the game and 70 seconds of madness in the second half killed us but we just never got back into it.

That's the Rangers in Europe I remember.

Absolutely no luck on our side.

Some shocking defending on both sides. 5-5 would have been fair.

Far too gung-ho in that second half, in the lead at half time we should have tightened things up and binned the 4-3-3 rubbish.

Thoroughly dissapointing but thats the kind of european performance I expected of us before now with this team.

Silver lining is hopefully identifies the needless f.ucking about has to stop and we need a right back, central midfielder and centre halves.

Glenn Middleton ahould be happy with what he done tonight for his effort, goals and deliveries for a young kid

Utter shite. Pathetic defending and disgraceful ball retention in the middle of the park.

This may sound reactionary but I'd send Ejaria back. He offers nothing and that has been the same in pretty much every game he has played all season.

I also think he is heavily overrated by this forum. He doesn’t score, he doesn’t asssit and he’s sloppy and slow in possession. One good game in ten isn’t good enough.

The manager made a total cu*t of that tonight.Why does he wait until the 81st minute to substitute men?Ejaria was woeful.Jack should have been on at halftime.He takes him off into injury time.Why?What was the point?He needs to change the game earlier.

If we were even a half decent team we would have been through by now with two victories against the Russians. As it is we may well finish bottom. We have a lot of hard hard work to do with this team yet.

not the end of the world, the defence was shocking tonight, alfies goal would've sealed it for us if not chalked off, but there's 2 games left we'll go through of that i have no doubt

also im here for the panty wetting :rolleyes:o_Oo_O:p:p:D:D

Shocking defending and shocking luck. A lot of naivety on show. No more Flan at left back.

Ah well, poor result in the end but first loss in Europe and still in a reasonable position to progress.

Still proud of what the lads have achieved overall so everyone can sook ma baws.

Should have buried them and we lacked luck with the offside goal and Tav hitting the post , typical Russian team with the falling down and diving as well hate playing them , Ufa were the same.

Completely blew that. 3-2 up against that mince and we should be taking at least a point.

Yes we are happy to have qualified etc, but it doesn’t excuse the defending and general mental weakness of the side. Not good enough and we haven’t been for a while.

Why do you think this is? We're an inexperienced team unused to playing in these circumstances. 11 unbeaten in Europe, still in with a chance of qualifying and we shot ourselves in the foot against a very decent side.

Villarreal were fortunate to escape with a point against them.

Poor. We’ve come a long way in a short space of time. (This seaaon). Gutted but we are improving.

Flangeigan needs a rest for this season.

We’ll still go through 1000%.

Back