Spending power.

robroystonloyal

Past few years we have sold similar season tickets, same TV monies, merchandise etc as celtic. Sold Patterson n management team, got further in Europe so more home games TV revenue etc. Have no bank debt.

So why are wee permanently skint but they always appear cash rich and able to spend?

I can't understand it.

In general they sell more assets, off the top of my head they brought in £40m in the summer from player sales. Hence the spending power and rebuild this season, which they’ve sadly got right with most of their players.

I’m not a financial mind, but I’m sure the comp for Gerrard and Patterson money have plugged the gaps in our accounts so we should be able to spend some money going forward.

Then when Aribo/whoever else leaves in the summer we have additional funds.

Past few years we have sold similar season tickets, same TV monies, merchandise etc as celtic. Sold Patterson n management team, got further in Europe so more home games TV revenue etc. Have no bank debt.

So why are wee permanently skint but they always appear cash rich and able to spend?

I can't understand it.
We have been rebuilding have u completely ignored our situation even as early as 5 years ago , from this summer I expect us to sell consistently and reinvest and I’m sure we will

They have a player trading model.

We talk about it but don’t have it
The money we spent on Ramsey and Diallo should’ve went on young permanent signings who would’ve improved the first team and squad. Hate to say it but the scum identified 4 players early in January and signed them straight away which gave them a boost and improved them.

The money we spent on Ramsey and Diallo should’ve went on young permanent signings who would’ve improved the first team and squad. Hate to say it but the scum identified 4 players early in January and signed them straight away which gave them a boost and improved them.
What money on Ramsay and Dialllo. We pay part of their wages only

We have been rebuilding have u completely ignored our situation even as early as 5 years ago , from this summer I expect us to sell consistently and reinvest and I’m sure we will
Out of form runners up won't be sold for more than league champions.

Players that are in the CL are valued higher than those in the EL, where we will probably end up.

Through frugality we've lost out on up to £40m. I'm also very unsure what budget, if any, will be available for the massive overhaul that will be required for the end of the season.

And for the OP they have brought over £130m in player sales to their club since the Van Dyk and Wanyama era.

What do you think we spend on Diallo and Ramsey? 1 to 2m ? in total?

Ramsey 40k a week here for 5 months - just shy of £1m

Diallo 20k a week here for 5 months - about 500k

and then if there was any loan fee's?

we are hardly splashing money about - we clearly have very little money and that is due to not selling assets - the club is running at a huge loss and at some point something has to give - whether that's the calibre of players we sign / wages we pay or we have to sell assets its that simple.

realistically at this point in time - Kent / Aribo / Morelos all need to go in the summer (assuming they are not signing new deals) that will being in X millions. we then need to reinvest what we can on 2/3m players and hope they hit the ground running - rinse and repeat.

everyone and i am sure Gio included can see we need someone to play RW / RF who will assist and score goals - thats what he thought Diallo would do - alas he looks like a little boy playing men's football.

Ramsey was the goal scoring link from midfield we have been crying out for however, he wasn't fit that was the compromise - he has scored 2 in 3 starts - if he had been here all season and had even a 30% goal ration we could have added another 15+ goals.

we can see where need to improve but (Veerman / Olsen etc were the rumoured names) but we clearly don't have the money to do it.

What do you think we spend on Diallo and Ramsey? 1 to 2m ? in total?

Ramsey 40k a week here for 5 months - just shy of £1m

Diallo 20k a week here for 5 months - about 500k

and then if there was any loan fee's?

we are hardly splashing money about - we clearly have very little money and that is due to not selling assets - the club is running at a huge loss and at some point something has to give - whether that's the calibre of players we sign / wages we pay or we have to sell assets its that simple.

realistically at this point in time - Kent / Aribo / Morelos all need to go in the summer (assuming they are not signing new deals) that will being in X millions. we then need to reinvest what we can on 2/3m players and hope they hit the ground running - rinse and repeat.

everyone and i am sure Gio included can see we need someone to play RW / RF who will assist and score goals - thats what he thought Diallo would do - alas he looks like a little boy playing men's football.

Ramsey was the goal scoring link from midfield we have been crying out for however, he wasn't fit that was the compromise - he has scored 2 in 3 starts - if he had been here all season and had even a 30% goal ration we could have added another 15+ goals.

we can see where need to improve but (Veerman / Olsen etc were the rumoured names) but we clearly don't have the money to do it.
Ramsay is getting our top wage bracket say 30k a week. He has been here 2 month. So 8 or 9 weeks at that is maybe 270k is that a big outlay

They actually have the ability to sell players and we seem to be the only club in football who can’t sell our top players. They make money from sales and spend it on recruitment.

We all laughed at them spending money on players from Japan who we’d never heard of but their recruitment has been miles ahead of ours.

They sell a player/players for £20m + pretty much every summer. It's exactly what we need to do this summer, and reinvest it. In hindsight, it should have been done last summer. But we were all on a high thinking we were going to skoosh it again this season and laughing at them about Eddie Howe.

Have you forgotten the last 10 years?

We've had to invest to build the squad when there was no money coming in. Celtic had no competition for about 8 years so had full reign of income from Europe and being able to sell players on without the need to invest that much to replace them so were consistently profitable and able to fill up the bank.

Ramsay is getting our top wage bracket say 30k a week. He has been here 2 month. So 8 or 9 weeks at that is maybe 270k is that a big outlay

Yes but he has been here since January and will be until the end of may - so even if he is the top earner on say 40k a week - his time here will cost appox £1m

no its not a big outlay - what does £1m buy us ? not very much is the answer - you may strike gold and find someone ... however, shopping in the sub £1m bracket leaves you looking for absolute scraps.

As poorly as they performed in Europe during our absence from the top flight, they were still guaranteeing European money every year, without having to really spend to compete in the league, as well as league winning money.

This in turn leads to assets in players who are multiple title winners (one horse race or not).

We on the othernhand have had to claw back our way to the top and fight off leaches and charlatans like Green and Ashley, and are only now refinding our feet.

Financially they're still ahead due to the reserves, but we showed last year that it's not about just finances to win guarantee a title.

It's been that way for almost 20 years you could argue.
If we were knocked out at the champions league qualifying stage it would severely impact our finances for the rest of the season but if they were knocked out at the same stage the damage was less financially crippling .

We need to strike while the iron is hot. I’ve been saying this for years.

When a big bid comes in you sell when the player is at maximum value. Then reinvest.

Gerrard hampered us with his desperation to cling onto his players. Kent and Aribo need to be sold this summer.

I’d offer Morelos a new contract but if he doesn’t sign then he needs to be sold on to.

When a big bid comes in you sell when the player is at maximum value. Then reinvest.

Gerrard hampered us with his desperation to cling onto his players. Kent and Aribo need to be sold this summer.

I’d offer Morelos a new contract but if he doesn’t sign then he needs to be sold on to.
Again sold.to who. What recent bids have we had from anybody

In general they sell more assets, off the top of my head they brought in £40m in the summer from player sales. Hence the spending power and rebuild this season, which they’ve sadly got right with most of their players.

I’m not a financial mind, but I’m sure the comp for Gerrard and Patterson money have plugged the gaps in our accounts so we should be able to spend some money going forward.

Then when Aribo/whoever else leaves in the summer we have additional funds.

In my bean counter head the £20m gap in income/expenses should be as good as closed this year assuming figures circulating are accurate.

- SG and team compensation was rumoured to be £4m

- Patterson £12m plus add ons which if tied to Everton game time aren’t coming anytime soon.

- Extra Europa revenue from the one extra set of games and ticket sales this year £5m more after expenses maybe? I could be being conservative here.

There should be next to no gap in my mind and we should be releasing very favourable accounts for once but I still remain cautious our board could somehow have fucked this all up.

Out of form runners up won't be sold for more than league champions.

Players that are in the CL are valued higher than those in the EL, where we will probably end up.

Through frugality we've lost out on up to £40m. I'm also very unsure what budget, if any, will be available for the massive overhaul that will be required for the end of the season.
Players that haven’t even played a game in the champions league are valued more than players performing well against top sides like Dortmund in Europe ? And this 40m number is starting to do my head in it’s not 40m extra than what we’d earn from a good europa league run !

Players that haven’t even played a game in the champions league are valued more than players performing well against top sides like Dortmund in Europe ? And this 40m number is starting to do my head in it’s not 40m extra than what we’d earn from a good europa league run !
No it's not but it'll be a guaranteed c£20m without having to do anything. Meanwhile we'll have extra qualifiers to play without any guarantees of winning any of them, and we'll have to play exceptionally well with at least half a new squad that will be assembled on a shoestring budget.

No it's not but it'll be a guaranteed c£20m without having to do anything. Meanwhile we'll have extra qualifiers to play without any guarantees of winning any of them, and we'll have to play exceptionally well with at least half a new squad that will be assembled on a shoestring budget.
How do you know what the budget is? This is the summer undoubtedly with a new manager we will choose to sell 3/4 players and reinvest. I’d also suggest we will be close to break even/possibly profit for this season also

How do you know what the budget is? This is the summer undoubtedly with a new manager we will choose to sell 3/4 players and reinvest. I’d also suggest we will be close to break even/possibly profit for this season also
No one knows what the budget is, but going by the previous three windows it doesn't bode well, especially with the amount of players we will probably have to replace that won't bring in any cash.

As it stands we stand to lose a considerable amount of our squad due to them being out of contract. Then if we want to sell any of our players then they will have to be replaced too.

We're looking at a considerable rebuild which I doubt very much we have the means to replace those players we stand to lose with similar or higher quality. Then we'll have to get them all ready for the most important games of the season which is qualifying for either CL or EL.

With their recent form, how much will we get for them? Particularly Aribo on his last year of contract, then there’s Helander and Barasic, whose valuations will have dropped significantly, and Kamara is struggling to get a game recently, plus Goldson will be off on a free, it’s been very poor management.

With their recent form, how much will we get for them? Particularly Aribo on his last year of contract, then there’s Helander and Barasic, whose valuations will have dropped significantly, and Kamara is struggling to get a game recently, plus Goldson will be off on a free, it’s been very poor management.
I’d keep Kamara.

Aribo and Kent need to go this summer.

No one knows what the budget is, but going by the previous three windows it doesn't bode well, especially with the amount of players we will probably have to replace that won't bring in any cash.

As it stands we stand to lose a considerable amount of our squad due to them being out of contract. Then if we want to sell any of our players then they will have to be replaced too.

We're looking at a considerable rebuild which I doubt very much we have the means to replace those players we stand to lose with similar or higher quality. Then we'll have to get them all ready for the most important games of the season which is qualifying for either CL or EL.
Honestly in what world do we get no money for kamara, Morelos, aribo kent etc honestly you’d think we were on course for a 60 point season again

Honestly in what world do we get no money for kamara, Morelos, aribo kent etc honestly you’d think we were on course for a 60 point season again
These players have turned up and outperformed champions league level teams in the last couple months, I’d lump on there being more scouts at these games than the likes of Ross county away etc

So far we stand to lose Goldson, Arfield, Davis, Balogun and McGregor. Also obviously Diallo and Ramsey will be off too, so that’s seven players right away.

So far we have Souttar coming in.

So we’re already going to be down six players from the squad who all need replaced.

Given that we’ve not bought a player in 18 months it’s a rather large concern.

Surely to %^*& from Gerrard and Patterson fees, the Europa run, and having fans back at games, we're going to be looking a lot better cash-wise?

There's got to be some player sales this summer. If they're not signing new deals, then I'd say at least three of Kent/Morelos/Aribo/Kamara must be sold. Plus you're looking at the likes of Barisic, Wright, Itten surely to god getting moved on even for nominal fees. That's a real exodus there, plus the guys leaving Boabinho has mentioned above. This won't be a cheap rebuild but then you're surely generating quite a lot from sales? Even if it's going to be far, far lower than it should be because Ross Wilson couldn't be arsed extending their fucking contracts.

Looks like we will have to sell Morelos, Kent, Aribo and Kamara this summer. To then re-invest on the team

McGregor, Goldson, Davis, Balogun, Arfield, Diallo, Ramsey all leaving at the minute

Add players like Itten, Wright, Simpson, Barisic who I think will be moved on too

Summer rebuild is absolutely massive

New GK
2 CBs
New LB
2 CMs
1 AM
2 LW
2 RW
2 ST

Just for starters

They brought in Vickers in central defense and Jota up front on loan! Both those players would make our starting 11. The point I’m making is why could we not bring players in on loan of that calibre? No transfer money required.

With my gers, ever rising cup games tickets and high european ticket prices i very much expect us to spend next season.

If we continue to charge supporters through the nose and go for cheap basement signings youll see st and mygers dwindle. Fast.

The make fortunes every year from player sales. We don’t.

Next year will be even worse if they sell on one or two on top of the £30m + CL money we’ve went out our way to gift wrap for them over the last 10 weeks.

Might not be palatable but from a purely football and commercial perspective they are a far better run club right now while our board seem to go from one blunder to the next. The constant nonsense with merchandising/kit manufacturers also I don't think helps our club one bit when it comes to negotiating new commercial deals.

From a player trading point of view most of ours have won a single trophy in their career that's probably why we don't attract the same level of bids as they do.

The elephant in the room for them might have been the civil cases coming up but we've probably let them worm out of that with champions league money now.

Rangers now really need some fresh ideas and people at board room level to take the club forward as we now face the real prospect of them winning five trebles in six seasons. No matter the circumstances that's a truly abysmal record for anyone running our club to have presided over.

Back