SPFL and SFA to present plans to play games behind closed doors

This is a fcking scandal,Rangers should compile the very most stringent of method statement and risk assessment for entry into Ibrox and for Rangers employees entering other stadiums with no expense spared,failure to meet our protocols will result in non entry to Ibrox and refusal of Rangers employees entering other stadiums.We make our own safety policy and others must comply.

Because we're getting to the point where not starting (behind closed doors or otherwise) is going to wipe most of Scottish football off the map.
So they can sign players to play behind closed doors without an income.
But can't sign players to finish the season?
Since your happy to tell how ridiculous I am, explain to me where Hamilton, St Johnstone, St Mirren and Ross County get money to pay players for a full season but can't find it to complete 8 games?

I've not written for the Record in well over a year. Any views in it were my views and my views only. I'd not be conceited enough to claim I'm speaking on behalf of anyone other than myself.

The majority opinion of Rangers fans is that 100+ Premiership players aren't out of contract this weekend? I'm not entirely sure how something like the date of contracts expiring is in any way a matter of opinion.

It won't be the first time my view contradicts that of the majority of Rangers fans and tbh, it probably won't be the last.

Are you suggesting I should quit my job because I have an opinion which contradicts that of other Rangers fans? What an utterly ridiculous idea.
What exactly is your job?
Do you interview players?
Give opinions from a Rangers fans point of view?
Are you an influencer?
I don't read the record so wouldn't know when you wrote for them or if you've stopped.
Still, I'm curious. What is it your job is?
If your answer is journalist, a bit more detail on the type of journalism you typically engage in would be nice.

What exactly is your job?
Do you interview players?
Give opinions from a Rangers fans point of view?
Are you an influencer?
I don't read the record so wouldn't know when you wrote for them or if you've stopped.
Still, I'm curious. What is it your job is?
If your answer is journalist, a bit more detail on the type of journalism you typically engage in would be nice.
I'm a journalist/blogger/podcaster with GRV Media and write for various sites covering Scottish football and have written for the Record, Shoot Magazine, WATP Mag, and SB Nation (and a few other places). The two main sites I write for are Rangers News (covering Rangers unsurprisingly) and Not The Old Firm (covering all the other clubs that aren't Rangers or Celtic).

I interview players from various clubs and have accreditation with the majority of the 42 SPFL clubs, and cover games every week across all four divisions in the SPFL.

I only ever give opinions from my own point of view.

I couldn't say if I was an influencer. Some people certainly know who I am through my work but I genuinely couldn't say whether my work or name carries any particular weight with anyone.

Just in time to play Scottish cup ties and they also want the transfer market stopped just to give themselves another wee advantage.Corrupt shower of shite.Every one of them from clubs,spfl,sfa and the press should be ashamed of themselves.

I think what they will want is the first OF to be pushed as far on as possible so there is a chance it won’t be played behind closed doors

I'm a journalist/blogger/podcaster with GRV Media and write for various sites covering Scottish football and have written for the Record, Shoot Magazine, WATP Mag, and SB Nation (and a few other places). The two main sites I write for are Rangers News (covering Rangers unsurprisingly) and Not The Old Firm (covering all the other clubs that aren't Rangers or Celtic).

I interview players from various clubs and have accreditation with the majority of the 42 SPFL clubs, and cover games every week across all four divisions in the SPFL.

I couldn't say if I was an influencer. Some people certainly know who I am through my work but I genuinely couldn't say whether my work or name carries any particular weight with anyone.
Fair play then.
What's your take on why it would be easier for clubs to recruit players for a full season where their only income won't come until next June, as opposed to finishing 8 games?

Leagues everywhere are restarting, Scottish football is being shown up as inept and corrupt. Why won’t the majority of the media call this out? Rhetorical question , we all know why

I think what they will want is the first OF to be pushed as far on as possible so there is a chance it won’t be played behind closed doors

In recent times the 1st OF game of a season is normally played no later than end of September, last season was played on 3 Sept, week 4.

If it is pushed way back to try and accomodate Scum with the possibility of Scum having fans at Scumdome we will know the game is fecked and is run for their sole benefit.

At risk of looking like I'm only out to start an argument.
Twice I asked why certain thoughts are ridiculous to you, yet you can't explain how clubs can fund 38 games income free but not 8.

That seems ridiculous to me, but I haven't used language like that yet, as I expected you probably had a reasonable idea as to why it might be the case.

But I see you've decided to dodge the question.

The amount of seasoned posters on here who try and ridicule posters on here.
And then disappear when asked a valid question is about the most ridiculous thing about the forum for me.

We deserve everything we get. We tried the formal route via the SPFL rule book to take them apart and were defeated. The club had an option to go legal and rolled over. Next season will be another carve up and is already pointless.
Agree with you mate I actually thought we had growed a pair and were going for the corrupt bastards were an actual laughing stock now.
I’m with both of you. The club didn’t put a foot wrong up to the EGM, but then they didn’t follow through. I expected far more from this board especially given the way we fought A$hley

Because we're getting to the point where not starting (behind closed doors or otherwise) is going to wipe most of Scottish football off the map.
Two points

1) Closed door games (which we were told 2 weeks ago were not possible in Scotland) aren’t going to help most of Scottish football who are reliant on gate receipts

2) Why couldn’t we start up again by finishing the season? A short break (foregoing the winter break) then straight into the next season by October/November

At risk of looking like I'm only out to start an argument.
Twice I asked why certain thoughts are ridiculous to you, yet you can't explain how clubs can fund 38 games income free but not 8.

That seems ridiculous to me, but I haven't used language like that yet, as I expected you probably had a reasonable idea as to why it might be the case.

But I see you've decided to dodge the question.

The amount of seasoned posters on here who try and ridicule posters on here.
And then disappear when asked a valid question is about the most ridiculous thing about the forum for me.
Haven't dodged anything. I hadn't been on posting last night.

Clubs Can't fund 38 games income free and I've not suggested they can. Not even close.

The new season will see clubs get the first trance of payments from Sky which will help them to some extent but if the full season is going to be BCD and clubs have no gate receipts, there almost certainly won't be a 20/21 season.

Two points

1) Closed door games (which we were told 2 weeks ago were not possible in Scotland) aren’t going to help most of Scottish football who are reliant on gate receipts

2) Why couldn’t we start up again by finishing the season? A short break (foregoing the winter break) then straight into the next season by October/November
1)W hich is why most of Scottish football is likely to be mothballed and the current plans only have the Premiership restarting

2) Clubs didn't want that, clubs couldn't afford that,

Of course you are...
Did you seriously imagine that this was going away and that your arse would be on a seat?
Rangers are selling you a season ticket for a season unlikely to see fans in attendance.
We are choosing to support that if we can afford to.

You should get to see the games on the TV though.
With 50.000 extra viewers on RTV I hope they upgrade their system to handle that. It would be horrible if there were freeze moments every few seconds\minutes.

1)Which is why most of Scottish football is likely to be mothballed and the current plans only have the Premiership restarting
Isn't that contradicting your point that football needs to restart before clubs are wiped out? The restart does nothing to help 30 of 42 Scottish clubs.

If you were talking about SPL teams specifically, then surely it makes no difference if it is the continuation of 2019-20 or the start of 2020-21. You either get fresh TV money in August or you avoid a default payment and new money flows in October, 2 months later. They would be financially better off finishing the season. A bridging loan would cost clubs a lot less in the long run than paying back 1/4 of what Sky has already paid them.
2) Clubs didn't want that, clubs couldn't afford that,
Clubs weren't given the full information to make that decision, not to mention the information they were given was misleading. Loans could have been given to tide them over. There is a strong chance the vote would have failed had that been known

The reason they didn't want it because of misinformation, and they could well have afforded it had the SPFL acted in the best interests of the clubs.

Also the vote actually failed. The rules of the association compelled the SPFL to accept Dundee's original vote. It was submitted and therefore should have been counted, regardless of any communication about disregarding it.

Last edited:
Ok so as I understand it, the Sky contract starts on 1 August, and payments to clubs are dependent on starting games then, and I can understand that (although of course any contract can be varied with enough will and effort on both sides). That’s one thing. But the way the SPFL “cleared the decks” for this with the corrupt vote and telling us BCD would not work in Scotland purely to give that shower the title is disgusting and final proof of where their priorities lie.

When he's out of here he won't miss with his comments.
He'll tell everyone how corrupt it is here just now but in closed circles, Michael Beale and all they come in contact with will know and tell as bad news spreads fast, but how do we get rid of them? Obviously they haven't been doing things by the book so to speak, no point in just telling people we must fight the corruption legally.

If it is pushed way back to try and accomodate Scum with the possibility of Scum having fans at Scumdome we will know the game is fecked and is run for their sole benefit.

we dont need a fixture being re-arranged to have it confirmed the game is over as a competitive sport, it's completely finished. Anything further that happens reinforces that view point but the game is now finished.

Isn't that contradicting your point that football needs to restart before clubs are wiped out? The restart does nothing to help 30 of 42 Scottish clubs.

If you were talking about SPL teams specifically, then surely it makes no difference if it is the continuation of 2019-20 or the start of 2020-21. You either get fresh TV money in August or you avoid a default payment and new money flows in October, 2 months later. They would be financially better off finishing the season. A bridging loan would cost clubs a lot less in the long run than paying back 1/4 of what Sky has already paid them.

Clubs weren't given the full information to make that decision, not to mention the information they were given was misleading. Loans could have been given to tide them over. There is a strong chance the vote would have failed had that been known

The reason they didn't want it because of misinformation, and they could well have afforded it had the SPFL acted in the best interests of the clubs.

Also the vote actually failed. The rules of the association compelled the SPFL to accept Dundee's original vote. It was submitted and therefore should have been counted, regardless of any communication about disregarding it.

In what way does it contradict it? The 'lesser' clubs are in a position where many have been able to take advantage of the furlough scheme (with some also cutting their playing squad and staff to a bare minimum to reduce their outgoings).

It makes a big odds over whether its a continuation of 19/20 or start of 20/21. For one you go from being in breach of one set of commercial contracts relating to 19/20 to now being potentially in breach of 20/21s too.

If the vote failed and the SPFL compelled to adhere to the original, why haven't we/Hearts/Partick/Stranraer/Falkirk/Inverness pushed that to the courts?

Clubs couldn't afford it. Clubs likely won't be able to afford to return BCD if testing is mandatory either.

There are too many clubs for a country the size of Scotland. Getting rid of some of the deadwood wouldn’t be a bad thing

There are too many clubs for a country the size of Scotland. Getting rid of some of the deadwood wouldn’t be a bad thing

I always hear this argument but nobody can ever give me any detail behind it. How many clubs should there be and how come there weren't too many clubs 30/40 years ago when we had a similar number?

I always hear this argument but nobody can ever give me any detail behind it. How many clubs should there be and how come there weren't too many clubs 30/40 years ago when we had a similar number?

Football has changed a lot in the last 30/40 years. TV money has changed everything and it’s nowhere near the level playing field it was back then.
In order to have a competitive Scottish league system a lot of the smaller clubs should be amalgamated, pooling their crowds and resources. Smaller number of clubs also means higher share of TV money.
I’d say 2 professional leagues of 12 teams each should be plenty, as long as those teams are distributed evenly throughout the country so as to enable a fair share of the available fan base. I think this would facilitate a level of competition that would be entertaining and provide VFM for fans and sponsors alike.
Get that right, and the whole thing becomes self funding and self fulfilling.

Just my opinion obviously, and I’m fully aware that there’s next to no chance of it happening.
But realistically, something drastic needs to happen in Scottish football, otherwise it will continue to stagnate.

How come, absolutely every single "bear" who gets to blog for the record, put forward Rangers fans views, and so on. Is always, always, always part of a small minority with opposite views to the majority of our support?

You could be our number one fan and could have ploughed in millions to the club buying merchandise, tickets and whatever else, but if you are blogging or whatever the hell it is you do, to give a Rangers fans view, and your view highly contradicts the views of an average Rangers fan, there is something amiss.

It's the same as the SFA SPFL lark.
If someone is not fit for purpose and not carrying out the task they are supposed to. In both cases representing the majority of their peers and not just self interest. Then they should be stepping aside regardless.

They don’t want the mainstream view out there. A fan with views like most of us won’t get the gig. They want ‘their‘ views projected not ours. The whole operation is a little propaganda department with a pretend illusion of balance.

Even above that in terms of the mainstream media. That’s why you don’t get a version of the likes of Chris Sutton firing out stuff from our viewpoint. He wouldn’t get employed if he was one of us.

They don’t want the mainstream view out there. A fan with views like most of us won’t get the gig. They want ‘their‘ views projected not ours. The whole operation is a little propaganda department with a pretend illusion of balance.

Even above that in terms of the mainstream media. That’s why you don’t get a version of the likes of Chris Sutton firing out stuff from our viewpoint. He wouldn’t get employed if he was one of us.
You just need to look at people who have been moved in for the smallest of things while Sutton does and says worse on a weekly basis.

Before the gentleman above got the gig, and they needed to pretend all 12 clubs had a fan blogger, was it not a Hibs fan who got the Rangers fan gig?

Not a Rangers fan.
Not a Killie or Hearts fan (without the bus fare) who's da supported us.
A Hibs fan.

And none of the other papers picked it up when he was outed.
You'd think papers would be falling over themselves to ridicule their rival for something like that!

And that tells me categorically that they are all at it, 1 way or another. And don't want that can if worms open.

You just need to look at people who have been moved in for the smallest of things while Sutton does and says worse on a weekly basis.

Before the gentleman above got the gig, and they needed to pretend all 12 clubs had a fan blogger, was it not a Hibs fan who got the Rangers fan gig?

Not a Rangers fan.
Not a Killie or Hearts fan (without the bus fare) who's da supported us.
A Hibs fan.

And none of the other papers picked it up when he was outed.
You'd think papers would be falling over themselves to ridicule their rival for something like that!

And that tells me categorically that they are all at it, 1 way or another. And don't want that can if worms open.

Jonny isn't actually a Hibs fan. He posted a picture at a Hibs game, someone said it was proof he's a hibs fan and he ran with it. He's had a ST at Ibrox for years (before he was doing the blog for the Record)

In what way does it contradict it? The 'lesser' clubs are in a position where many have been able to take advantage of the furlough scheme (with some also cutting their playing squad and staff to a bare minimum to reduce their outgoings).

It makes a big odds over whether its a continuation of 19/20 or start of 20/21. For one you go from being in breach of one set of commercial contracts relating to 19/20 to now being potentially in breach of 20/21s too.

If the vote failed and the SPFL compelled to adhere to the original, why haven't we/Hearts/Partick/Stranraer/Falkirk/Inverness pushed that to the courts?

Clubs couldn't afford it. Clubs likely won't be able to afford to return BCD if testing is mandatory either.

You still haven't answered the most salient point. In fact you are trying some sleight of hand here, misdirection and deflection.

Dundee voted no, so why should Rangers or the others who voted no go into financial/legal litigation because of the corruption of the scum running and ruining the game on the filth's behalf?

Dundee voted no, in the allotted time. Now whether it landed in the spam filter (and if you believe that one you should be rewarded with a job at The Trophy Centre)

It is a footballing scandal. It takes us to North Korea in terms of corruption.

Show me your indignation.

You still haven't answered the most salient point. In fact you are trying some sleight of hand here, misdirection and deflection.

Dundee voted no, so why should Rangers or the others who voted no go into financial/legal litigation because of the corruption of the scum running and ruining the game on the filth's behalf?

Dundee voted no, in the allotted time. Now whether it landed in the spam filter (and if you believe that one you should be rewarded with a job at The Trophy Centre)

It is a footballing scandal. It takes us to North Korea in terms of corruption.

Show me your indignation.

What sleight of hand? The vote had to be open for 28 days due to company law - with the SPFL advising they wanted responses by Friday at 5pm.

What sleight of hand? The vote had to be open for 28 days due to company law - with the SPFL advising they wanted responses by Friday at 5pm.

It is a matter of record that Dundee cast their vote before that particular Friday by 5 pm.

They voted 'No' thus rendering the SPFL resolution gubbed.

Why have you as a blogger not been all over this?

It is a matter of record that Dundee cast their vote before that particular Friday by 5 pm.

They voted 'No' thus rendering the SPFL resolution gubbed.

Why have you as a blogger not been all over this?

Can't do anything while on furlough. Haven't been able to work since April 1st.

Can't do anything while on furlough. Haven't been able to work since April 1st.

I'm not getting this, so feel free to kick my 'spidey senses' into touch.

You are a blogger?

You rely on your PC/laptop to get your voice and thoughts heard? I'm thinking that is one of the safer jobs during furlough. You can do your thang and don't need to interact with the rest of us. Cushty.

So you can't use your laptop to do your job and tell the truth but you can use it to clog up a Rangers' supporters' website. Or at least give off negative vibes.

I'm not getting this, so feel free to kick my 'spidey senses' into touch.

You are a blogger?

You rely on your PC/laptop to get your voice and thoughts heard? I'm thinking that is one of the safer jobs during furlough. You can do your thang and don't need to interact with the rest of us. Cushty.

So you can't use your laptop to do your job and tell the truth but you can use it to clog up a Rangers' supporters' website. Or at least give off negative vibes.

Its not just a matter of the 'safety' of doing it but my ability to while on furlough. While on furlough I can't get on to the website I write for to publish content, I have no access to my work email (and the contacts within). I also can't write about Scottish football in general without express permission from my employer to do so as it would effectively put me in direct competition with the people who pay my wages.

Edit: I also rely heavily on getting direct access to clubs

Its not just a matter of the 'safety' of doing it but my ability to while on furlough. While on furlough I can't get on to the website I write for to publish content, I have no access to my work email (and the contacts within). I also can't write about Scottish football in general without express permission from my employer to do so as it would effectively put me in direct competition with the people who pay my wages.

Edit: I also rely heavily on getting direct access to clubs

I would have thought with the outright corruption that has went on from the April 10th vote you should have enough content to write a blockbuster when we get back to normal.

If you are sincere, put me down for a few. My old man, bruv and me.

You said without football returning Scottish football would be wiped off the map, and then that most clubs were mothballing as a result of having to play behind closed doors. That seems to me to be a contradictIon. Games returning in the SPL is not helping 30 member clubs. A state of suspended animation is not the same thing as being alive.
I find that argument a red herring. What company would sue on account of unforeseen circumstances like this? It would be commercial suicide. Besides, aren’t clubs forfeiting income by failing to complete 2019-20?

Besides this is the sort of issue Doncaster is paid £400,000 a year to solve. In the rare event a sponsor did threaten to claw back or withhold money it would not be difficult to work out a compromise involving increased representation in alternative ways. If you think it’s too much hassle to do this, I would point to the fact the SPFL have a responsibility to put Sporting Integrity first, ahead of Commercial interests. If we fail to do that, then the game really is a bogey.

Besides, we are only talking of a period of about two months and the companies would not get any less representation for their money in the long run. I don’t believe for a second money would be lost. This is smoke and mirrors from those leading the game

That one is still very much up in the air. Hearts just yesterday refused to rule out legal action. Neither have we. Partick, Stranraer, Falkirk and Inverness might well act as signatories to any legal action should it happen.

However, you are right, they can’t afford to do so alone. I doubt if they could under normal circumstances anyway, and something stinks with that if you cannot right a wrong because of purely financial reasons. Perhaps that’s one of the reasons the SPFL board feel they can act with impunity.

More and more countries restarting in an effort to finish 19/20 on the pitch . This acentutates that the Scum and SPFL colluded as Scum need CL money. I dont think if it had been played out they would have won anyway , but they were not willing to take the chance. Whole thing stinks , and then we have the drive to announce next season fixtures ! What is behind this , what are the Scum keeping secret - has to be one , it in their DNA

After Whyte got off . I cant believe we being played again !

Players out of contract is a red herring. Outwith Rangers/The unwashed most clubs players are on furlough where possible or deferred wages. Any players wishing to extend contracts by a month would have been able to no problem, the fact is most players who are out of contract anyway would not be regular starters.

Not being able to afford to play the last 8/9 fixtures is another red herring. The cost of not playing the last fixtures is being put at £10M. Are you telling me playing those last few fixtures totals to more than £10M

Absolute horse shit.

The big corrupt Dundee Scam who voted No within the guideline times to be overturned has made Scottish Football a fcuking Cess Pit run by kid on gangsters. Had they held off the Premiership games could have got played to the end but no it was all for the benefit of the mentally challenged scum.
Rangers for this alone should have taken these corrupt kunts all the way, now we will be walked all over next season if you thought it was bad this season they will make sure they get their tainted 10iar. It’s corrupt to the core.

You couldn’t make it up and bega the question why we couldn’t finish our games behind closed doors.

A disgrace and our club should be asking questions

Stewart Robertson said on the 16th March that we were "strongly opposed to games played behind closed doors"

You can't make a statement like that then act incredulous about them not playing BCD.

Back