SPFL and SFA to present plans to play games behind closed doors

rayrangers

You couldn’t make it up and bega the question why we couldn’t finish our games behind closed doors.

A disgrace and our club should be asking questions

You couldn’t make it up and bega the question why we couldn’t finish our games behind closed doors.

because 100+ players in the Premiership alone are out of contract this weekend for one.

So that’s what herr lieswell has came up with, who’d have thought, just a pity him and his cabal couldn’t have said ‘why do we need to vote ‘ less than a month ago and now we’re talking about play, they are hoping for the asterisk treble, pure and simple

Simple - money. Unless they start the season on time, the new Sky deal doesn't kick in, so the money for the lower league clubs especially won't be paid. If they'd tried to finish the season behind closed doors, they wouldn't have been able to play all the games before the start of August, (and players would be out of contract etc). So the Sky payments would have been delayed.

What happens when the little clubs rely on the cash the Premiership generates, and the reason they were so keen to amalgamate the SPL and SFL

Simple - money. Unless they start the season on time, the new Sky deal doesn't kick in, so the money for the lower league clubs especially won't be paid. If they'd tried to finish the season behind closed doors, they wouldn't have been able to play all the games before the start of August, (and players would be out of contract etc). So the Sky payments would have been delayed.

What happens when the little clubs rely on the cash the Premiership generates, and the reason they were so keen to amalgamate the SPL and SFL
Who cares about the other clubs, they couldn’t care less apart from the blue pound.

We could have played the games and finished the league behind closed doors

Incredible. The hypocrisy is staggering. It’s only a matter of weeks since they told us this wasn’t possible in Scotland. You have to think people just don’t care about the corruption in our game since they can no longer claim not to see any.

I know it’s not a popular subject, but we really need to come together as a support and find a way to send them a message. If we don’t this is going to continue to get worse.

I detest the SPFL and SFA governing body as much as the next person but people need to remember we as a member club voted that the league could not be finished in its entirety.

So that’s what herr lieswell has came up with, who’d have thought, just a pity him and his cabal couldn’t have said ‘why do we need to vote ‘ less than a month ago and now we’re talking about play, they are hoping for the asterisk treble, pure and simple
So they can get it up rangers as much as possible with another treble, getting together with the scottish government aka his bigoted pals, you have to wonder what Steven gerrard thinks he has walked into from the epl to the poisoned chalice that's here, mind boggling stuff

The whole thing boils down to either money, pandering to what Liewell wants or both.

Am I in a parallel universe?
We can play
We can’t play
Just give the scum the 9.75 title

Who cares about the other clubs, they couldn’t care less apart from the blue pound.

We could have played the games and finished the league behind closed doors
Agreed they could've voted for real change,rather than holding out their begging bowls to Lawwell. Had they exposed the coercion clubs were put under they would've came out of it with a lot more credibility. So no sympathy,in any case we've paid our dues with the supporters going through the turnstiles up and down the country.

You could make it up. Scum awarded title. Now that’s out the way lets ensure they get 10. I’ve posted before that by hook or by crook they’ll get the title next year if the club don’t come out swinging.
That should’ve happened after the league cup final offside goal.
Can you imagine had that been them!!!
wake the @@@@ Rangers please

Every time we read this thread the blatant cheating you see is what we up against .Corruption ,deceit,lies.what else will come out in next couple of weeks.

We deserve everything we get. We tried the formal route via the SPFL rule book to take them apart and were defeated. The club had an option to go legal and rolled over. Next season will be another carve up and is already pointless.
Agree with you mate I actually thought we had growed a pair and were going for the corrupt bastards were an actual laughing stock now.

Given we still have a Europa league tie to complete, how can we start season 2020-21 when we’ve not finished 2019-20.

It’s an absolute farce.

Serious question though, if we can’t play to a crowd at Ibrox, is there anything stopping us from playing games at the training centre?

am i missing something here, games behind closed doors? are we being asked to pay for season tickets that wont be used,im on furlough and not even sure i will have a job to go back to, im sure many in same position, but spfl quite happy to let us hand over money we can barely afford for no on field product? want to help our club but are we really paying now just to keep clubs afloat?

So they can get it up Rangers as much as possible with another treble, getting together with the scottish government aka his bigoted pals, you have to wonder what Steven gerrard thinks he has walked into from the epl to the poisoned chalice that's here, mind boggling stuff
When he's out of here he won't miss with his comments.

am i missing something here, games behind closed doors? are we being asked to pay for season tickets that wont be used,im on furlough and not even sure i will have a job to go back to, im sure many in same position, but spfl quite happy to let us hand over money we can barely afford for no on field product? want to help our club but are we really paying now just to keep clubs afloat?
Of course you are...
Did you seriously imagine that this was going away and that your arse would be on a seat?
Rangers are selling you a season ticket for a season unlikely to see fans in attendance.
We are choosing to support that if we can afford to.

You should get to see the games on the TV though.

because 100+ players in the Premiership alone are out of contract this weekend for one.
Same position as for starting next season then?

Going to need a 2 month pre season, when the seasons could hae been merged with a minibreak?

Sorry to say, but that post stinks of the start of either true colours or being turned by paymasters.

Same position as for starting next season then?

Going to need a 2 month pre season, when the seasons could hae been merged with a minibreak?

Sorry to say, but that post stinks of the start of either true colours or being turned by paymasters.

Utter pish. Who are these apparent paymasters and how come I've never seen a penny from them?

It was rod petrie who stated the Game in Scotland cant be played behind closed doors, but that was when we were pushing for the league to be played out.
It stinks to the High heavens. This should blow up in their faces and the sooner the better for Scottish Football

Utter pish. Who are these apparent paymasters and how come I've never seen a penny from them?
How come, absolutely every single "bear" who gets to blog for the record, put forward Rangers fans views, and so on. Is always, always, always part of a small minority with opposite views to the majority of our support?

You could be our number one fan and could have ploughed in millions to the club buying merchandise, tickets and whatever else, but if you are blogging or whatever the hell it is you do, to give a Rangers fans view, and your view highly contradicts the views of an average rangers fan, there is something amiss.

It's the same as the SFA SPFL lark.
If someone is not fit for purpose and not carrying out the task they are supposed to. In both cases representing the majority of their peers and not just self interest. Then they should be stepping aside regardless.

How come, absolutely every single "bear" who gets to blog for the record, put forward Rangers fans views, and so on. Is always, always, always part of a small minority with opposite views to the majority of our support?

You could be our number one fan and could have ploughed in millions to the club buying merchandise, tickets and whatever else, but if you are blogging or whatever the hell it is you do, to give a Rangers fans view, and your view highly contradicts the views of an average Rangers fan, there is something amiss.

It's the same as the SFA SPFL lark.
If someone is not fit for purpose and not carrying out the task they are supposed to. In both cases representing the majority of their peers and not just self interest. Then they should be stepping aside regardless.

I've not written for the Record in well over a year. Any views in it were my views and my views only. I'd not be conceited enough to claim I'm speaking on behalf of anyone other than myself.

The majority opinion of Rangers fans is that 100+ Premiership players aren't out of contract this weekend? I'm not entirely sure how something like the date of contracts expiring is in any way a matter of opinion.

It won't be the first time my view contradicts that of the majority of Rangers fans and tbh, it probably won't be the last.

Are you suggesting I should quit my job because I have an opinion which contradicts that of other Rangers fans? What an utterly ridiculous idea.

Back