Spfl announce record prize of £2.1 million pot for the premier sports cup

Given how regularly the bheasts can turn a profit and sell players for big fees, while not making much of a dent in Europe, serious questions need to be asked of those running the show at Ibrox.

Recovering from oblivion tbh.

It’s like a person being bankrupt, living on the street, then trying to build the best house in the street with their first wage.

We’ve not sold assets very well until January. I worry we’ll lose more prized possessions for nothing next summer as well / which royally fucks us.

Recovering from oblivion tbh.

It’s like a person being bankrupt, living on the street, then trying to build the best house in the street with their first wage.

We’ve not sold assets very well until January. I worry we’ll lose more prized possessions for nothing next summer as well / which royally fucks us.
Yes, our transfer situation is extremely concerning. We need people in that know what they’re doing. Being a Rangers fan is not enough.

Given how regularly the bheasts can turn a profit and sell players for big fees, while not making much of a dent in Europe, serious questions need to be asked of those running the show at Ibrox.
That would be a good point, for another thread.

Premier Sports know that Rangers and the Scum fans will pay up to see their games so they dont need to offer much in prize money.
If we meet them in a round then that alone will give Premier Sports a nice pay day.

That can easily be reversed. Despite all of the financial benefits gained by the yahoos, we're still in touch with them and indeed have surpassed anything they've done in Europe in the past two decades.

I keep reading on here how great their model is. It appears they are spending a fortune each Summer to stand still.

Playing a single friendly. £10 head. £500k less costs :D
PS - Was thinking a bit more up market than a tenner a head team, like we have seen in recent years with Real Madrid or one of the english teams.

Tickets, TV, Merch and sponsor money we could rake in more than £350k in the one game never mind playing in a full compitition to a final.

Would rather save the minutes in the legs for what ever european compitition we are playing in.

Play the B team in this competition??

PS - Was thinking a bit more up market than a tenner a head team, like we have seen in recent years with Real Madrid or one of the english teams.

Tickets, TV, Merch and sponsor money we could rake in more than £350k in the one game never mind playing in a full compitition to a final.

Would rather save the minutes in the legs for what ever european compitition we are playing in.

Play the B team in this competition??
Absolutely. Just making a point about what an absolute pittance it is

Saps the life out of me when I read any article and get to those two words, 'neil doncaster'...sigh.

Exactly why i don't really care much for the domestic cups

Scottish cup isn't more more.

Should always be priority 3 and 4 for us.

Absolutely. Just making a point about what an absolute pittance it is
I hear you pal, it’s embarrassing that these pricks will sell what we have for such a pittance.

This competition we should be down grading on on footballing priority list to bloodng players and giving boys a run out who haven’t featured much in the main games.

Save the 11 for the games that count

Rangers will have to ask Cinch if we have permission to play in this competition. They might not want us advertising for Premier Sport.

You know we're run by buffoons when £2.1m actually is some sort of ground breaking figure. Peanuts in todays modern game.

I assume all those critical of the prize money have checked out what prize money is available in the countries of similar population?
We are tiny in comparrison to the major leagues of Europe. I suspect the prize money on offer will be equal to or greater than the prize money for the equivelent trophy in say Denmark, Finland, Norway, Ireland, Slovakia, Bosnia etc.

The SPFL has today announced record prize money of over £2.1 million for the 2022/23 Premier Sports Cup.

Each club participating in this season’s competition is guaranteed to receive at least £22,000 – whilst the winner will earn £350,000 in prize money, with further sums available as facility fee payments for all live televised matches.

The total prize money that will be shared with clubs for the upcoming Premier Sports Cup competition will amount to £2,157,000 – a rise of nearly £150,000 from last season’s figure of £2,015,000.

The full schedule of prize monies is set out below:

1st round group stage - 5th position: £22,000
1st round group stage - 4th position: £23,250
1st round group stage - 3rd position: £25,000
1st round group stage - 5 worst runners up: £29,000
2nd round losers - £50,000
Quarter-final losers - £80,000
Semi-final losers - £110,000
Runners-up - £160,000
Winners - £350,000
Total - £2,157,000
In addition, each club playing in a live televised Premier Sports Cup tie (whether home or away) will receive a facility fee payment of:

£17,000 (first round group stage); and

£27,000 (second round, quarter-finals, semi-finals and final).

Neil Doncaster, chief executive of the SPFL, said: “We are delighted to announce record prize money in this season’s Premier Sports Cup. Premier Sports have been fantastic supporters of our premier cup competition. Their investment into the Cup has allowed us to announce record prize money this season and these funds will continue to support our clubs as they recover from the pandemic.

“With the first-round group stage kicking off on 9 July, we are very much looking forward to another year of passion, drama and excitement in this season’s Premier Sports Cup, live on Premier Sports.”
It was announced with such pride, but the amount just shows how ridiculously tin pot those running our game are. £2m in total. Useless.

I assume all those critical of the prize money have checked out what prize money is available in the countries of similar population?
We are tiny in comparrison to the major leagues of Europe. I suspect the prize money on offer will be equal to or greater than the prize money for the equivelent trophy in say Denmark, Finland, Norway, Ireland, Slovakia, Bosnia etc.
Doncaster gets more a year than the winners get

As much as i detest doncaster how the hell do you sell the scottish league`s to anyone when it bend`s over backwords to facilitate one club.

Back