SPFL board issue press release on possible Covid 19 contingency measures

It’ll likely affect teams like Hamilton/St Mirren/Ross County just as much as it will Rangers/Celtic

Surely no teams going to vote for something that’ll give the league the power to potentially relegate them without playing the season out.

Everything points to nul and void being the preferred option however didn’t they claim they couldn’t do that for contractual/legal reasons?
Correct.
So as I said in a previous thread on this, they have already set their precedent and defended it in a court and a tribunal. So there ye go, that’s the bed they’ve made - go lie in it.

All we need to do is mathematically stay ahead on the same principle they used to call the league early last time, and if they change the goalposts then go all the way on it.

Edit: the rule they’d probably attempt to apply is.... “the champion team shall be decided by considering the number of titles won in the last 9 years and awarding it to the team with the most titles”. And I’m only half joking.

I am not for awarding titles without all games being played, not even in a situation where we are leading.

Why can't SPFL rules simply say there will be no winners, no relegation but in top division the position of teams at time of curtailment shall determine European places.
Because they would manipulate the situation. We could be miles ahead with only a few games to go and league voided. No #55 and give them another chance of 10.
It really is simple. State now the minimum amount of games required before average points per game can be used to determine final positions.
In the event that said amount of games are not played then nil and void is enacted.
GET IT AGREED AND IN THE RULES
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Give them no play room to be complicit with the scum as happened last season.

Q4 valid number of games for a season is ridiculous and loaded. Does it mean that if 30 games are completed but everyone said 22 are valid (each home and away) we go back to positions at 22 or do we invent a rule for 30 (if Celtic are ahead on 30 but not on 22 of course). Or does it mean if less than the minimum is complete then the season is void which is exactly opposite to last years precedent. Or if everyone says 38 is the min and there are issues then they can void it at any time and if so based on what - number of cancellations or what?

Usual fekkin shambles designed for maximum opportunity to award the scum. Just play out the season and if you have to play a game every day for a week or have a mini tournament then do it.

Why is Scotland the only country looking for a way to finish the league earlier than agreed and we are only 1/4 way through the season?
You as well as any free thinking person knows

Surely they cannot start making teams forfeit games due to covid issues when some have already been postponed and will be played? This cannot be changed part way through the season. Ridiculous.

They are in a horrible position of having to try and cover all bases to essentially stop us winning the league.

The irony of Celtic fans paranoid "stop the 10" patter in incredible, because we all know it's really quite the opposite.

Question 2 is just ridiculous. How can they ask that at this stage in the season? We’ve already had games cancelled due to Covid that have been rescheduled. How can they honestly expect to change the consequences nearly 1/3 of the way through the season?

If that 3-0 rule is voted through then it’s only fair that Celtic give up the 3 points they win at St Mirren earlier this season.

For me the league must now be played to a finish. With teams unable to fulfill any fixtures forfeiting the 3 points. No other solution works 25% of the way through a season.
Exactly and if 2 teams in the same match can’t play then they both get 0 points and get 3 goals deficit. And you have a stipulated date for end of season. It may look odd at the end but anything else is open to corruption and various levels of interpretation. With the system you suggest all you need to do is agree what constitutes the inability to conclude a game. That would be easy.

I’ve said it before. Rangers better not agree to any circumstances that allow the league to be called early. It means we acknowledge that unfinished seasons can be counted as successfully completed seasons and gives credence to that shit show last year!

They should have no fucking chance to remove that asterisk.

No deal. Finish the season or void it

I am not for awarding titles without all games being played, not even in a situation where we are leading.

Why can't SPFL rules simply say there will be no winners, no relegation but in top division the position of teams at time of curtailment shall determine European places.
Because that would show them up badly for their previous corrupt decision to award the team they support the title.

????????? So what you are saying same things happens in March we are winning league on basis of Tims winning last year and you don't want it awarded? Man that is fecked reasoning...

No matter what the league should get finished. Even if the league got postponed.

They are honouring last years league cup ffs and hearts need to compete in that when they are no longer an SPL side.

league needs to be finished . The way PL did it in the summer

I’ve said it before. Rangers better not agree to any circumstances that allow the league to be called early. It means we acknowledge that unfinished seasons can be counted as successfully completed seasons and gives credence to that shit show last year!

They should have no fucking chance to remove that asterisk.

No deal. Finish the season or void it
Unfortunately if that is the choice - and we remain ahead - its only a matter of time until the season is voided. And you can rest assured that, if it is, the Dhims will 'agree' to take up from where we left off in their quest for TIAR.

We need other options.

Last edited:
Just come up with a set of rules for clubs to vote on now before any league position is near decided.

If X amount of games are played then the season is called, if the government shuts us down for X amount of weeks then clubs need X amount of weeks to get back into shape, as many games as possible in the fixture list will be played and league called on last day of season etc.

The SPFL board just want to be able to pick and choose what to do depending on how the league table looks at the time.
Bang on.

For what’s it’s worth I don’t see the league getting stopped. With testing now in place there’s no reason to and once we get past the next international break there’s no reason that could effect it till March. I don’t see why the Tim’s would agree to this either . They know if league is voided the ‘10’ is dead. It was already tainted but if there’s a gap year I would be gone.

I take it they will also introduce contingency notes with regards to their spam / quarantine folder, like offering free, drone-supervised taxi or pigeon services for late voters?

Correct - the problem they had at the start of the season was that they didn't want to be specific with the rules. They simply wanted the clubs to give them the power to decide and to trust them to make the right decision. In the end nobody trusted them.

Changing the disciplinary rules mid season, after having set a precedence with their lenient punishments for other clubs, is clearly designed to allow them to apply stricter sanctions to clubs in future.

In all probability all clubs will, at some point, be affected. We have, as yet, escaped but are unlikely to go the entire season without having an issue. They will be hoping they can force us to forfeit games. This is where our strength of squad becomes vital much like it did all those years ago when we were forced to play Hibs with half a team.

We keep winning then there is very little they can do other than hope to void the season.
Spot on

(unfortunately :mad:)

For me the league must now be played to a finish. With teams unable to fulfill any fixtures forfeiting the 3 points. No other solution works 25% of the way through a season.
I agree wit the forfeit of points if they cancel the Celtic and Aberdeen game with zero points given. That is the only fair way to bring that in.

Spfl day clubs have done a U turn - is this per chance the same clubs you are threatening to deduct points off for cancelled games through perceived Covid rules infringements?

Summary of the questions.

1. Clubs recently rejected a resolution that would have given the SPFL broad powers to manage Covid related disruption to the League programme this season. Would you now support such a resolution if it were brought back to clubs?

2. Would you give the SPFL board the Power to award 0-3 result against any team unable to play a fixture due to Covid?

3. Is it too early to take binding decisions on Covid?

4. How many fixtures do you believe need to be completed for a season to be "valid"?

5. Would you give the SPFL board the power to call the season?

6. Would you give the SPFL board the power to void the season?
Why would it be necessary to petition clubs?
At Easter, after terminating season 2019/2020, "several" member clubs damned "self-interest" so if we remove self-interest from the SPFL board we are left with the "independent" SPFL Executive ( no laughing at the back there ) of the likes of Doncaster and MacLennan.
We know, because Neil and Murdoch told us so and the SFA confirmed this by co-signing a letter to UEFA before the vote, that Neil knew what all the clubs were thinking wrt ending the season ( the vote, it was later claimed, confirmed Neil's psychic powers ).

So why is the CEO of the SPFL ( £388,000 pa ) asking the self-interested clubs to put together the rules for ending the season to be applied by the SPFL board, populated in the majority by office bearers of self-interested clubs ?

Presumably Doncaster ( £388,000 pa ) will then ask Rod McKenzie ( £ ??? pa ) to cut and paste the answers from the clubs into a very short list of rules ( has to be a short list because Billy Bowie at Kilmarnock Self-Interest doesn't read long documents, at least he didn't at Easter ).
That's the same Rod McKenzie who helped prepare the rules back in the EBT days when it turned out in court that he didn't know them.

They can no longer use the excuse of unprecedented situation because it was a precedented season last season.

Lastly, the SPFL is asking for rules to be implemented mid-season which didn't exist pre-season, they've never done that before................naw wait.

Back