SPFL/Celtic release statement on sky and virtual tickets.

That’s what it says. We can buy games on RTV, which currently we can’t do when in UK.

everyone seems to be missing the point here.

And it’ll make the club some extra revenue, although I get it if you’ve already paid for a ST - hopefully the club is fair and do the right thing.

That is contradictory. It can't make the club extra revenue if they do the right thing. They're only offering to ST holders according to what's been released. If they give us it for free - which they should - they make nothing extra.

Already paid £700 for my season ticket, are the club likely to provide the virtual season ticket alongside that or will it be extra?

If games are behind closed I will not be paying a Sky Sports subscription as well as my season ticket costs. Hopefully Rangers can do something with RTV to makes games available for those in the UK.

For those of us already subscribing to Sky sports through Virgin package ,how will this work?

I imagine it won’t change that at all - Sky will still show the ‘away’ Rangers/Them game each weekend and home games will be covered by this virtual ticket which I’m assuming will be handled via individual club streaming services.

Runs the risk of a bunch of folk getting their hands on a link to ‘St Mirren TV’ or whatever rather than pay Sky for us away at St Mirren for example but they must be willing to eat that if that is indeed how it’s going to work.

It looks to me like sky will have nothing to do with the season ticket virtual stuff. Looks like they will just allow clubs to show the other games in the UK via RTV

RTV servers are going to take an absolute battering and the whole set up of our media side in terms of showing games has to change in under 8 weeks.

Big ask

It’s probably just shite wording from the SPFL but the “sell a package to season ticket holders to watch all home games” needs to be clarified.

I’m paying £700 for an ST, I’m expecting I will be able to see all home games even if BCD, but this reads like people essentially paying twice for the ability to watch BCD games which is just a non-starter.

Surely it will be free for ST holders, sky will make a fair bit of money through selling advertising with large viewing numbers for our games at least

Need to find out the liability. If it’s paid straight away or over 5 years doesn’t matter, it’s the fact it’s to be paid back.
The reference to Celtic is obviously stating where they see their fan base.

How is no one challengingly Dungcaster over his fantastic deal (Joke) that allows Sky to reclaim 19/20 on an underhanded way. Liewell should! be being paying this Creeps extortionate salary, that’s if it’s not getting paid already?

Stuck in London. But Sky will be getting canned as soon as I am able to return home.

Surely it will be free for ST holders, sky will make a fair bit of money through selling advertising with large viewing numbers for our games at least

Is advertising sold on RTV streams? Sky wouldn't be selling anything anyway it's not them broadcasting.

I would like to think so but guess we will have to wait for an update from the Club.

I’m all for the Club getting as much revenue in as it can but I would be disappointed if it is expected ST holders shelling out for games they can’t actually go to have to pay again to watch them remotely.

How can that other lot win 10 iar when they didn't win the ninth as it was gifted to them. This season they start at one same as everyone. No mention of the money they owe BT about 5 million.

Greg Marshall has just said the club will provide an update in the next couple of days

This feels like something the club(s) should already be prepped to communicate pretty much straight away. Surely some kind of indication of intent regarding potential charges, etc should already be known, even if more detail needs to follow?

As i understand it Sky have basically taken over sponsorship of the league for free. So no extra income for clubs but it means the SPFL could end the season and not have to worry about repaying Sky for any lost broadcast. Which Sky was never going to claim for anyway but it allowed the SPFL a way out.

they do still have to replay sky as part of the settlement for ending the league early
it says it there in black and white

the cost will be spread over 5 years, whatever that cost may be

So the only selling point in this statement is Celtc going for a mythical "10 in a row" that they can't possibly achieve? We shouldn't be surprised at the utter shamelessness of the CFC/SPFL cabal.

Could all have been secured in March, giving us the security to complete this Season? %^*& Sky, give them not a penny get on Rtv whether through MyGers or not and get every stream live. Money direct to the club rather than through Sky and the cabal? Or am I missing something obvious?
Obviously.the commentary of Tom seems to be a little bit marmite on here but a Kevin Thomson or Alan McLaren will do for me every day of the week over Andy Walker

I read that as there are liabilities and those are spread over 5 years, ie instead of £30m going into the pot for 5 seasons, it’ll be £29m or slightly less?

Fucking pathetic all round.

I’ll repeat my comment yet again - either the fucking cabal running the show up here needs to go, or we do. If we continue to bend over and take it then this might well be my last season as a season ticket holder. I’m fucking scunnered. Cheated on the park and unable to lay a glove on them off the park.

cant wait till we get doncaster out, can you imagine the premiership doing that saying one team in a statement ? they countinue to show there bias for one club

Fucking pathetic all round.

I’ll repeat my comment yet again - either the fucking cabal running the show up here needs to go, or we do. If we continue to bend over and take it then this might well be my last season as a season ticket holder. I’m fucking scunnered. Cheated on the park and unable to lay a glove on them off the park.
Can the club come out and just say no thank you, we will sell our own digital ST package!! %^*& every last one of them!
*Edited that because there is literally no benefit to the fan here if you don't get away games too

Greg Marshall has just said the club will provide an update in the next couple of days
Not everyone has RTV, I'm a Season Ticket Holder so I would hope Rangers will communicate possible options via an email or on their website.

Is advertising sold on RTV streams? Sky wouldn't be selling anything anyway it's not them broadcasting.
The statement does not mention how the coverage of the games will work, the article previously suggested that they would be streamed on the clubs websites but do other spl teams even have the set up needed to stream live games? Maybe they will make the games available through the sky website or red button.

Devil is in the detail but I would not be surprised if sky show all our games as part of the deal

Back